Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it a problem that Pac get tested if Mayweather is ALSO tested?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elmalo29 View Post
    wrong hgh is detected thru blood not urine.

http://www.wada-ama.org/rtecontent/d.../QA_hGH_En.pdf
    It's the older method, here's the new one... http://www.usatoday.com/sports/2008-...ine-test_N.htm

Comment

Originally posted by jmard5 View Post
      There is nothing wrong with Pacquiao being tested right after the fight. Floyd won't agree with that and wants to do it on his terms.
      You're missing the point. Random blood testing is superior because there's no telling what kind of foul play PAC or Floyds team will be doing if they know WHEN they will be tested.

Comment

Because both guys may not be fighting 100% psychologically. Boxing fans, we want both guys 100% come fight time so I think blood testing immediately make the most sense.

8CN - Is it Manny refusing to take the blood test or is it someone deciding for him?

FR - It's me, I am not going to let my fighter give blood a day before the fight.

8CN - What can giving blood a day before a fight do to a fighter?

FR - It's just like having sex before a fight. You're not supposed to have sex before a fight, it makes you weak. If you mentally think that, it will. When Manny gives blood it takes him 3 or 4 days to recover from it. I am not going to have my fighter going into a fight feeling weak and not sure of himself.

8CN - Is it true that Manny never wanted to give blood the day before any of his fights?

FR - We will never do it a day before a fight. We never flunked a urine test, and there is no reason to think my fighter is dirty. We have passed every test ever given to us. We go by the commission rules, not no rule Mayweather puts out there.

8CN - So it's fair to say that the ball is completely in Mayweathers court now, you guys are not budging?

FR - Yes it's fair to say that. If Floyd wants to fight us, then step up and fight us. If you want Manny to take a blood test after the fight, no problem, but not a day before.

8CN - Wouldn't a blood test the day after the fight be the same as a test a day before? I mean if Manny was taking steroids, wouldn't the test the day after the fight show the same thing as it would the day before?

FR - Yes agreed. A urine test will show the same thing too,but if they want a blood test the day after the fight, I have no problem with that. I will not have my guy giving blood a day before the fight, that will make him weak. Why is Floyd Mayweather dictating what we do in life? It's crazy... he's a coward and he's afraid to fight us and that is all there is to it.

8CN - If this fight gets scratched, what's next?

FR - We go up and get Yuri Foreman's title. We will go up one more weight division, just for you Floyd!

Comment

Originally posted by Larrysbird View Post
          It's the older method, here's the new one... http://www.usatoday.com/sports/2008-...ine-test_N.htm
          Have they completely validated that method yet? in that article it says they haven't yet.

Comment

Gayweather just shows he is afraid of pacman…They want to get the blood from pacman one day b4 the fight….There are no difference of taking the blood one day after the fight(w/c roach just agreed) from one day b4 the fight..They just want to weaken pacman during the fight…They are cowards and doesn’t want the fight…They will do all means to take advantage on pacman just like they did to Marquez….Gayweather is coward,coward!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Easy Work View Post
              I'm astonished that anyone would feel that this is simply mind games or gamesmanship, or that it is in some way a concession that Mayweather is scared, the bottom line is that Mayweather's camp feels the man cheats and if Pac wants to fight Mayweather he isn't going to do it without knowing for a fact that the fight is fair, simple and plain. Mayweather isn't pushing for "Manny to be tested" he's asking that they "Both be tested". He's not asking Pac to subject himself to anything that he himself isn't willing to do. As many have said if there isn't an issue what's the problem? What did Cotto get (other than an brutal whipping and a Loss) when Margaritto was found to be a cheater after the fact...nothing, why would Mayweather take that risk, if he were to lose the fight and after the fact Pac is found to be a cheater he will still have that loss and the subsequent affects I wouldn't risk that either.

If he suspects the man of cheating and would like to ensure that he is protecting his legacy I don't see why that's such a huge problem. Its not about whether he can "pass a test" or has "passed tests" in the past, it's about either he's cheating or he's not, and if he's not lets make sure of it before we take this risk, seems reasonable to me. As I've said all day, I don't have any real emotional involvement I like both fighters and respect both fighters, but I certainly see the logic in requesting the test. I think it speaks volumes that Pac is refusing..

I would like to ask all of the Pacquiao supporters that if Mayweather was accused of steroids and he refused to take a test would you vouch for his innocence as well? Would you be outraged? Would you call him a coward, ducker or cheater?...Would you still be opposed to an Olympic style drug test?

agreed... if Manny really is clean, he would do it. Floyd is doing it too. The needle phobia excuse is B.S.

Comment

Where is Manny supposed to take these blood tests leading up to the fight? Nevada? Philippines? If they expect Nevada, would that not interfere with his training regiment in the Philippines? Would they allow tthe testing to be done in the Philippines?

This is why I think it is all BS. It is only there to create hurdles and roadblocks.
                Last edited by deanrw; 12-23-2009, 01:41 AM.

Comment

random test's throughout the training camps...and an scheduled test for BOTH fighters before the fight...

whats so hard about that? If Mayweather is willing to do it then why can't Pac?

if the shoe was on the other foot would you still be opposed to the Olympic Style testing ?
                  Because it's not necessary, because Floyd does not run boxing. Because Manny has already compromised by allowing a USADA Olympic drug test. Because Roach does not want Manny to do any blood test the day before the fight. Because a blood test before the press conference and after the fight is sufficient enough and it's fair and honest. Because Manny's camp say so. If it was the other way around, sure, i'll feel the same way. FYI, i don't agree with that $10 million fine, that's just BS.

Comment

Originally posted by rommel357 View Post
                    Because it's not necessary, because Floyd does not run boxing. Because Manny has already compromised by allowing a USADA Olympic drug test. Because Roach does not want Manny to do any blood test the day before the fight. Because a blood test before the press conference and after the fight is sufficient enough and it's fair and honest. Because Manny's camp say so. If it was the other way around, sure, i'll feel the same way. FYI, i don't agree with that $10 million fine, that's just BS.
                    if he has nothing to hide..why all the posturing?...Mayweather doesnt have anything to hide...whats the big deal?..why are you trying to justify this? it isnt like Mayweather asked for Manny to be tested alone...Mayweather offered to have himself tested as well

Comment

if he has nothing to hide..why all the posturing?...Mayweather doesnt have anything to hide...whats the big deal?..why are you trying to justify this? it isnt like Mayweather asked for Manny to be tested alone...Mayweather offered to have himself tested as well
                      Is Mayweather camp the Official Sanctioning body of boxing? Why do it only now, I mean this fight only?

Comment

Working...
                      X