Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather-Pacquiao Follies: Are We Morons After All?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for me it's not a valid answer.there's no reason why pac should refuse the tests.no excuses.

Comment

• and why after the fight??? they know something we don't.i smell a rat here.

Comment

• Roach, however, said he’s not actually against the tests. It’s just he doesn’t want Mayweather dictating his terms.

“We have passed every test ever given to us. We go by the commission rules, not to whatever rule Mayweather puts out there… We fight for the state commission, since when does the fighter make up the rules?” said the trainer.

EGO TRIP!

Comment

• LAS VEGAS — The promoter for boxing sensation Manny Pacquiao says a fight against Floyd Mayweather Jr. will not happen unless Mayweather's camp drops its insistence for Olympic-style blood testing.

Promoter Bob Arum says if that doesn't happen by Thursday, the proposed March 13 fight that would have likely been the richest ever in boxing is over.

Arum accused Mayweather's camp of raising the issue not because they were worried about Pacquiao taking performance-enhancing substances, but because Mayweather never wanted to fight in the first place.

Arum said Wednesday that Pacquiao would agree to testing by the same agencies that test pro football and baseball players, but not for random tests by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency.

He said that Pacquiao still plans to fight March 13, and will now look for another opponent

Comment

• Schaefer also lamented that the drug testing issue is the only thing that is holding back the Pacquiao-Mayweather bout.

“We have agreed on everything except for this drug testing issue. I have to think Pacquiao is unaware of this. The drug testing had been part of the contract for a while and then they suddenly said no. I was informed of that [Tuesday] morning. Suddenly they changed course and I don't know why,” he told ESPN.com.

Schaefer then revealed that both camps have agreed on imposing a penalty if the fighters exceed the limit of 147 lbs.

“We agreed to $10 million per pound, or fraction thereof… That's what the Pacquiao side wanted and we said OK to that. That's unheard of.”

IF FLOYD CAN AGREE TO THIS MANNY CANT AGREE TO A BLOOD TEST 3 WEEKS BEFORE THE FIGHT?

Comment

• Originally posted by TriPHP View Post
              angelgargola: can't you see my point? If Pac is really on roids, then he can't escape on it if the blood testing is done after the fight. But Pac agreed to be blood tested right after the fight, so that means...... do I have to explain more or you understand now?
              The point is money reserves the right to back out of the fight of PAC fails the tests. If PAC takes it after that right is not applicable.

Comment

• If you got nothing to hide and you know your clean then this should not be an issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by wengz2002 View Post
                  The most important of this BLOOD TEST is the one After the fight! Period...

If they get blood close to the fight schedule... there's a possibility that a fighter will get a little weak.....
                  This is really what Mayweather's camp wants to happen!!!

To have blood test 30 days before and immediately after the fight is in my opinion FAIR!

They can consult the Drug Agency people and medical experts!!!

Mayweather wants a way out obviously!
                  I agree with the "weak" part, that's why when you DONATE BLOOD they give you a cookie or OJ or something because some people become a little faint afterwards...Mayweather just looking for yet ANOTHER advantage, JUST LIKE WHEN HE CAME IN OPVER THE LIMIT ON PURPOSE AGAINST MARQUEZ...just so damn scared of losing that "0"..from what I remember, the Olympic testing thing for boxing has NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE...why let something like this possibly ruin the chances of the fight taking place?

Comment

• Originally posted by dnut17 View Post
                    the point is money reserves the right to back out of the fight of pac fails the tests. If pac takes it after that right is not applicable.
                    but the offending fighter gets suspended / penalized and the bout's outcome would be reversed! Which would mean that Floyd would get his precious "0" back....
                    Last edited by livershot73; 12-23-2009, 05:22 PM. Reason: MORE INFO

Comment

• Originally posted by angelgargola View Post
                      i bet Pac bleeds more during a fight than when he gets a blood test.ridiculous! and why is that those tests are fair for people that are going to participate at the olympics and not fair for Pac??? i don't get it...and please,stop with the "makes him weak" xcuse.it's pathetic.
                      Actually dude, hate to tell you this but YOU'RE outlook is pathetic....first of all, it would be difficult for Pac to bleed during the fight when you consider Mayweather's main plan is to shoulder-roll, duck and run for 12 rounds. It's pointless to "close the doors" on his sparring sessions and then turn the cameras back on just to see the sparring partner emerge all bloody and busted up afterwards. Now, WHEN THE HELL HAS MAYWEATHER EVER DONE THAT TO HIS OPPONENT ON FIGHT NIGHT? Second, each person's body reacts differently to blood being drawn...Mayweather knows Pac can bang and has good stamina...he's betting / hoping that Pac would be one of the ones to weaken after having blood drawn....

Comment

Working...
                      X