No announcement yet.

Mayweather-Pacquiao in Jeopardy Over Drug Test - Merged Thread:

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by crillz View Post
    on too many different posts and threads on here I read Pacquiao doesn't need Mayweather, Floyd needs Pacquiao..

1st off where in the **** do you get that from? when Pacquiao was getting knocked out 10 years ago and Floyd a champion who needed who? you telling me a guy like Floyd needs Pacquiao? for what? Floyd is the money, most of you aren't even paying to see Manny Pacquiao fight but only to see him be the one to FINALLY close Floyd's mouth, this is why more people will buy this fight now more than any other Pacquiao fight and it isn't because of Pacquiao, people are paying to see Floyd lose not to see Manny win so who needs who?

in 1 fight against him Mayweather outsold both times Pacquiao fought Marquez and Mayweather needs Pacquiao? that's the crock of **** y'all trying to feed me? I mean y'all as in those random cats who feel that way, there's plenty on here man can someone who feels this way please elaborate..

**you guys know yo I'm not a hater nor a nuthugger nor do I make "bait" threads, I rarely ever make threads but I honestly can't see the logic, if anyone needs anyone it's Pac to Floyd not Floyd to Pac**
    pac -cotto sold more than may-marquez. nuff said

pac's being called an all-time great by experts.. floyd isnt

Comment

• I want to see Pac fight point blank period. Chill man this fight will get made. it is just the nuthuggers who are saying this bull**** oh and roach

Comment

• Originally posted by Njord777 View Post
        So, am I supposed to allow Pacquiao's superstitions to dictate the fight? I like him, so I'm sympathetic, but I'm not going to just allow him not to be tested prior to the fight, while something can be done about doping.

If you argue it's a mental thing; can't we be fair and argue Floyd could be negatively mentally affected if Manny DOESN'T get tested?

I wouldn't let Floyd get away with saying he was superstitious and doing this, either.
        Would you let Floyd get away with not fighting a top rate legitimate welterweight in years? I'm off to bed bring on the next superfight. Mayweather vs Matthew Hatton with the winner taking on Henry Bruseles...twice.
        Last edited by switchsouthpaw; 12-23-2009, 02:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
          I've been hearing the same also. Mayweather can also make money elsewhere. Simply put the sport needs this fight.
          yes the sport needs this fight...but both will lose ATG status if this fight is not made..

Comment

• PBF vs jmm in a well known mismatch = 1million ppv buys!
            cotto vs pacq in "Friepower" and potential FOTY 1.4million(i think)!

Looks like either can go elsewhere and earn good money.
            Pacq and his team look pretty guilty now.

Comment

But Floyd didn't request some unheard of, hitherto unknown style of testing. He's using the Olympic testing regime- one which he'll undergo himself. Further, Floyd Jr. himself released a classy quote about hoping Manny will agree to testing, not a slanderous one, so I hope you keep your dislike towards his camp; at least until he crosses a line, too.

Sure, Floyd's dad was slanderous when he accused Manny out the gate; but the testing itself isn't unfair.

I'm not of the opinion that boxing has a great industry standard. There's a reason its been losing popularity, esteem, and its reputation as one of the premier sports. Much of this industry is built on corruption and greed. I think that is safe to say.

My advice to Manny fans; if you think he isn't doping, and this is a bully tactic, hope he takes the test, but uses his anger in the ring.
              Again, boxers shouldn't be able to write their own rules. And no, your opinion here really doesn't matter.

And do you really think Floyd wrote/spoke that statement himself? I for one highly doubt it (that he signed off on it seems far more likely). Do note, it was a press release. Quotes are attributed to people in press releases all the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by switchsouthpaw View Post
                Would you let Floyd get away with not fighting a top rate legitimate welterweight in years? I'm off to bed bring on the next superfight. Mayweather vs Matthew Hatton with the winner taking on Henry Bruseles...twice.
                Would I consider Pacquiao a legitimate top rate welterweight when he hasn't done anything substantial at the weight other than beat Cotto?

I've given Floyd critical **** for not taking on welterweights, but that doesn't change his skill level, or my enjoyment watching him use it.

Also, you're coming off very strongly as wanting to just bash Floyd and his side, without even attempting to be fair or objective.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kirin Ichiban View Post
                  Again, boxers shouldn't be able to write their own rules. And no, your opinion here really doesn't matter.

And do you really think Floyd wrote/spoke that statement himself? I for one highly doubt it (that he signed off on it seems far more likely). Do note, it was a press release. Quotes are attributed to people in press releases all the time.
                  So I should assume Manny isn't on steroids- benefit of the doubt, assume Floyd didn't say that quote- not giving him the benefit of the doubt, and as a fan who drives the sport with my attention and money, just nod along with the boxing industry standard and not question how things run, because my opinion doesn't matter?

Yeah, that's pretty fair....

Floyd Mayweather has no right, or ability, to write a rule. He can't make Shane Mosley, Paul Williams, or any other fighter follow his guidelines. He can, though, ask a man he is about to become much more wealthy with, to take a drug test to ensure everything is clean. That's not writing a rule. That's making a demand. A stipulation. Like glove and ring size. That happens; and, in this case, I feel isn't ridiculous.
                  Last edited by Njord777; 12-23-2009, 02:50 AM.

Comment

Would I consider Pacquiao a legitimate top rate welterweight when he hasn't done anything substantial at the weight other than beat Cotto?

I've given Floyd critical **** for not taking on welterweights, but that doesn't change his skill level, or my enjoyment watching him use it.

Also, you're coming off very strongly as wanting to just bash Floyd and his side, without even attempting to be fair or objective.
                    I come off that way because unapologetically because I think he is full of ****. The tests were fine the way they were, until new regulations/legislation are put in place to mandate certain testing procedures, then who the **** is Mayweather to make demands? This all started because his "intellectual" father got a mic pushed in his face.
                    Last edited by switchsouthpaw; 12-23-2009, 02:55 AM.

Comment

So I should assume Manny isn't on steroids- benefit of the doubt, assume Floyd didn't say that quote- not giving him the benefit of the doubt, and as a fan who drives the sport with my attention and money, just nod along with the boxing industry standard and not question how things run, because my opinion doesn't matter?

Yeah, that's pretty fair....
                      Apparently you don't know what a press release is, but as I said quotes are attributed in press releases all the time.

It's sort of like a book being written by a ghost writer, and then signed off on by the "Author."

I didn't say that the quote absolutely didn't come from Mayweather, but that I highly doubt it did, basing my assumption off of my reading of the quote and my awareness of the common practice.

And assume whatever the hell you want about Manny. The fact is he has always complied with the commission requirements regarding testing and has always been found clean, as stated by the NSAC commissioner himself. If you want to assume that he's on the juice though because of some baseless claims which originated with FMS himself (a man with a clear conflict of interest, to say nothing of his history) though go right on ahead.

And you apparently think far too highly of your own views if you think your personal opinion on boxing industry practices actually have any barring on the argument at hand.

Comment

Working...
                      X