• superstitious bloke

i got this from a news clip....and it's all true

Pacquiao is a superstitious bloke who sticks to what works for him:

– the same take off schedule from LA to Vegas
    - riding the same vehicle on the way to the venue
    - staying at the same suite at the Mandalay Bay
    - hearing mass at scheduled times
    - wearing the same rosary to the fight

blood is literally and figuratively seen as a representation of life itself.
    and manny has dreamt of blood the nyt before he lost in a fyt....he said it!!

manny is not averse to blood sampling..he already agreed to it.
    but floyd made a last ditch to say that he wants sampling the day before the fyt!!
    FLOYD DOESN'T WANT THE FYT!!
    floyd will keep on bringing issues everyday...
    Last edited by jetgeomcx; 12-24-2009, 12:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by swizz View Post
      The request by Floyd is both unprecedented and unnecessary.

unprecedented indeed......because floyd is now scared!!
      unnecessary....but not to floyd....coz he is looking for a way out.

The 48-hour deadline is a classic Mayweather psychological ploy designed to get into his opponent’s head.

ADVERTISEMENT

There’s no way Pacquiao can explain walking away from one of the biggest bouts in boxing history because, as his promoter suggests, he’s afraid of needles.

“For that kind of money, how could you not take a test?” Floyd’s father, Floyd Mayweather Sr., has already crowed to the Grand Rapids (Mich.) Press.

money is not everything.....maybe floyd don't agree!
      beliefs, values, etc... are.

pac is not afraid of any needle...his tattoos prove that.
      it is the blood sampling before the fyt is what he is superstitious about!!

“We’re going in a different direction,” Arum told the Grand Rapids Press. “What I believe is that Floyd never really wanted the fight and this is just harassment of Pacquiao.”

There’s little doubt this is harassment of Pacquiao.

many believe, or want to believe the same.
      floyd doesn't want the fyt after he saw how manny demolished cotto.

manny agreed to all the tests...until floyd made it more unnecessarily stringent...
      looking for ways that manny will eventually disagree

If Pacman pulls out of the fight because of the timetable for doping tests, he’ll have a near-impossible challenge proving he isn’t trying to hide something.

bcoz of floyd's antics.....here's what i want now.
      manny to fyt mosley instead, undergo the olympic style blood tests after their presscon, 30 days b4 the fyt and one ryt after fyt.....
      this will prove whether or not he's clean!!

Regardless, in one of their typically deft maneuvers, they demanded extreme testing standards that left the Pacquiao camp backpedaling and debating an issue they can’t win.

team pacquiao is ahead on this debate....floyd needs some explaining to do himself.

Instead, Manny Pacquiao is going to walk away?
      no, manny will not walk away!!
      floyd will have to apply his brakes on his innuendos.....
      team floyd will capitulate, they need this fyt very badly.....imho
      Last edited by jetgeomcx; 12-24-2009, 12:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by baracuda View Post
        he pretends he does.......he never demanded this kind of **** before....his no balls boring bitchass is bad for boxing....

every road block to stopping this fight from occuring is coming fromPacs camp. It dosen't matter if this hasn't been asked for before. Whats the big deal to submitting yourself to a more stringent testing regime???????????

Comment

• Originally posted by The Stone Roses View Post
          I can't believe people are actually defending Pacquiao.....there is something wrong with this world.....how can you defend someone refusing to take drug tests....WHAT? have i missed something??? i think i've gone completely insane....since when did people support someone refusing to take drug tests
          Don't forget, that Floyd is hated with a passion by many. I think he fights way too conservatively of late and it looks almost sissified, but I'm not a blind hater. There are many that will take him being defeated under any circumstances, just to shut him up.

There's nothing else that explains why people wouldn't want random testing to rule out any cheating from both parties. And Floyd has even been seriously accused of being on PEDs post layoff after he came in big against Marquez on this board.

Comment

• Originally posted by badboypeenoy View Post
            If the fight doesn't happen, and with Pacquiao's image tarnished... is this enough to give Mayweather the undisputed fighter of the decade tag? Part of mindgames or not, I'd rather see these fighters destroy each other inside the ring rather than outside it for this status.

Pacquiao is at a disadvantage with regards to PED and steroid-use accusations being hurled against him. Pacquaio being a public figure and a foreigner would have difficulty making a libel or slander case prosper against a US citizen on US soil under US law. The Srs and Malignaggis in the world can talk all they want and not worry about being sued.

Media can propagate and cultivate this belief of steroid use, but that doesn't prove anything. It simply builds suspicion, making boxing bodies look inept in policing its own sport (yeah, adding fuel to that boxing-is-a-dying-sport thesis), and making it a lot harder for future super fights to happen.

Mayweather winning the fight outside the ring by tarnishing a fighter with the best chance to make him showcase his natural gifts doesn't add to his boxing greatness. Best he'd get out of this is a way out of what probably would be the most difficult fight of his career...and people will find that justification enough to give him boxing accolades he didn't really earn.

shame on floyd....
            and he will be shamed some more if manny decides to fyt another boxer and subject himself to the tests that will dispell the PED accusations by "senior the user".

Comment

• 150 pages of garbage...

funny this is all this **** started by non other than mayweather sr.

Comment

• mayweather not afraid, he just want a level playing field!

"I have already agreed to the testing," Mayweather said, "and it is a shame he is not willing to do the same. It leaves me with great doubt as to the level of fairness I would be facing in the ring that night."

surely he wouldn't be afraid fighting someone with this fight resume:
                anonymous

Then pacquaio started to take on bigger fighters, such as Juan Manuel Márquez in 2004 and the super-feather warrior Erik Morales, followed by Marco Antonio Barrera, David Díaz, Oscar De La Hoya, Ricky Hatton and, most recently, Miguel Cotto, hardening the perception that he carries his power up through the weights.

Comment

• you posting something positive about mayweather???

hell has frozen over...

Comment

• Quote:
                    Originally Posted by jvsnypes
                    I hate the idea that this fight might not take place because of some BS.If the commission and the sanctioning bodies agree that the current testing is efficient and dependable,then that should be good enough for Mayweather's team.But on the other hand,if Floyd is willing to take the same tests,why wouldn't Manny just simply go through with it? How do you walk away from a fight where you can earn up to $40 million? That raises some question marks.It gives me the impression that someone has something to hide.If Manny refuses the testing,a serious investigation should take place for his last few fights.

It's called, "Not Caving In to a bunch of lunatics." Mayweather is indeed turning this fight into a CIRCUS. He's never been afraid of anyone until now. He has never ask for such ridiculous testing in the past. He's been arrogant in saying that Pacquiao can be easily beaten. Ya, right! Where's Mr. "Big-Balls" Mayweather now? If Pacman is that easy, then he shouldn't be at all worried whether Manny is on steroids or not. You see, Floyd is putting his foot into his mouth and it will backfire on him. No one, I repeat, no one will be interested in seeing him fight ever again if he blows this fight with the Pacman. JAT

Comment

• **** man, this thread is REALLY going off! 152 pages and still going

Comment

Working...
                      X