No announcement yet.

Schaefer: "HBO Has No Interest In Hopkins-Adamek"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schaefer: "HBO Has No Interest In Hopkins-Adamek"

"There was HBO being interested in Chad Dawson and Paul Williams fights," continued Schaefer, "There was (Tomasz) Adamek, there was Lucian Bute and there is Danny Green. So it’s a pretty long list. So Bernard, what he wanted me to do was to evaluate just how realistic the various options are. So that’s what I’ve been doing, as well, the last few days. So here we go."

Schaefer has no delusions of grandeur; he realizes that we are coming up to the year 2010, not 2002.

"Jones and Trinidad, I don’t think are realistic. Adamek, HBO has no interest in that fight. So that eliminates that," he explained. "Then you have Paul Williams. [Williams’ promoter] Dan Goossen called out Bernard. But the issue there [is] the weight. Bernard is not going to be able to go lower than 175 pounds; maybe give or take a couple pounds. So that eliminates Paul Williams. Chad Dawson is living in a dream world and I think he should keep on dreaming about the potential Hopkins fight. I wish him sweet dreams. So that one is eliminated as well.

Schaefer adds, "So then we basically have two guys; we have Bute and Green. And these are the two names we’re focusing on in the last two days. As a matter of fact, yesterday (Tuesday), I met with Danny Green in my office with his advisor, Gary Shaw, and we have been going through the numbers for a Hopkins fight happening in Australia and there is some interest from the networks for that fight, as well. Then we have been looking at a Bute fight. So I had conversations with Bute’s promoter, Interbox, and we have been going through those numbers, as well. There is interest from the networks for that fight." http://www.maxboxing.com/news/promo-...s-road-in-2010

Other than a Haye fight, Adamek would be the best option and probably the best fight. HBO disappoints me .

Richard doesn't specifically say why Chad is out.

Comment

men, why is HBO deciding who fights who?

Just go to showtime and make the fight!!!!!!

Comment

poor excuse.... ***e dawson living in a dream... y eso..?? they should fight him...just to expose dawson to the black community..dawson needs a fkn fan base

Comment

lol clearly ducking Dawson. you are considering Adamaek, Williams, Bute, Jones and Danny Green instead of the number 1 guy at 175?

Comment

If he dosent fight Dawson maybe he will fight a cruiserweight besides Adamek like Zsolt or Huck who have titles? The fight with Adamek was actually rejected by Adamed before- as Bhop offered like 2 mill and it was refused per Bhop on ESPN with Kenney.

Comment

I've come to realize that danny green is a huge ****ing douchebag and I would HATE for hopkins to give another chance and payday. Fuuck that guy.

Hopkins should fight Dawson or retire. I was personally hoping for Adamek but apparently that isn't going to happen.

Also, I couldn't read the full interview on another website but the title said hopkins was bad mouthing Golden Boy. We'll see what unfolds here but there is definitely something going on

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
                men, why is HBO deciding who fights who?

Just go to showtime and make the fight!!!!!!
                They're the ones shelling out the most money, so they bow to it. Showtime would only give Hopkins half what Sho would.

Adamek must have gotten horrible ratings when he's been on TV if they keep rejecting and offering little money to him.
                Originally posted by boxing2106 View Post
                poor excuse.... ***e dawson living in a dream... y eso..?? they should fight him...just to expose dawson to the black community..dawson needs a fkn fan base
                E que Hopkins and GBP don't give a **** about making Dawson more popular. If he was with Golden Boy they'd be thinking about it. The way Schaefer talks about him makes it seem like he's asking for too much money.

That **** would be boring though, Dawson is young he can make his name beating Pascal, Cloud, and the super middleweights moving up. Those would be really good fights, Dawson-Hopkins wouldn't.

Comment

I'd like to know how Chad is living in a dream world...he's shown he's one of the best at 175(maybe the best)...he deserves to be paid well...

I wanna see Bernard fight Dawson or Green...if not then idk possibly retire.

Bute's style reminds me of Calzaghe...although probably easier to hit...Bute isn't a bigger name than Dawson...

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                    I've come to realize that danny green is a huge ****ing douchebag and I would HATE for hopkins to give another chance and payday. Fuuck that guy.

Hopkins should fight Dawson or retire. I was personally hoping for Adamek but apparently that isn't going to happen.

Also, I couldn't read the full interview on another website but the title said hopkins was bad mouthing Golden Boy. We'll see what unfolds here but there is definitely something going on
                    I have nothing against Green. I wanted to see an Adamek fight too, but yeah it's probably not happening. I want to see the Haye fight though, Hopkins has a shot at pulling off the upset.

Comment

Working...
                    X