Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: "Mayweather is No Hatton, Cotto or Oscar"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol, I read the thread title and thought he meant the opposite. Like, Mayweather's good, but he's no Hatton, Cotto or Oscar. Glad to see he's not bat**** crazy.

Comment

Roach has earned the right to say whatever he wants to say. Hes a great trainer with a one of a kind personality. I like hearing what he has to say. I know its not all the truth but he does speak from the heart more than most.

Comment

This fight is not Manny Pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather. It is Manny Pacquiao and Freddie Roach vs. Floyd Mayweather. Roach knows this and Manny knows this. He is going to study tons of film on Mayweather and teach him how to handle his style. Then, all Manny will have to do is execute the gameplan. It will be a team effort and that is why I give them at least a 50% chance of winning. Mayweather will not be doing anything different and his trainer will not teach him anything new. I have full faith in Freddie Roach here and I think he will deserve much of the credit if Manny pulls this off. Yes he sometimes talks too much, but maybe it's because he knows his fighter will say little to nothing to hype this fight so he's trying to help the promotion.

Comment

Originally posted by cottofan2 View Post
          This fight is not Manny Pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather. It is Manny Pacquiao and Freddie Roach vs. Floyd Mayweather. Roach knows this and Manny knows this. He is going to study tons of film on Mayweather and teach him how to handle his style. Then, all Manny will have to do is execute the gameplan. It will be a team effort and that is why I give them at least a 50% chance of winning. Mayweather will not be doing anything different and his trainer will not teach him anything new. I have full faith in Freddie Roach here and I think he will deserve much of the credit if Manny pulls this off. Yes he sometimes talks too much, but maybe it's because he knows his fighter will say little to nothing to hype this fight so he's trying to help the promotion.
          You're right. Mayweather won't do anything new. But Pac has never seen what's he's about to face and Mayweather is the best at what he does. Pac is in for a shock.

Comment

Freddie Roach=Coach Obvious The Third

Comment

Strange how he said Floyd was the easiest fight out of Cotto, Mosley and Floyd....???

Comment

He just said it so that Floyd will not be to scared and sign the contract already.

Comment

RepublicaEnema, don't duck this thread, you third testicle you.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                    Trainer Freddie Roach doesn't see Floyd Mayweather Jr. in the same light as Ricky Hatton, Oscar De La Hoya or Miguel Cotto. He was very confident of Pacquiao's success against those fighters. Roach is still very confident that Pacquiao can beat Mayweather on March 13 - but he says Mayweather is a much tougher opponent than any of the last three, and it won't be a simple task to knock him out. [Click Here To Read More]
                    Reality is sinking in bit by bit.He started by talking about a first round knockout,now it's a tough fight,then Manny winning by decision.Basically Roach is saying Manny will get ****ed.
                    In business we call this 'managing expectations'

Comment

Originally posted by COACH WEBB View Post
                      didnt he say that Mayweather would be the easiest out of all those names before?
                      Yes he did. I never know what to expect from Roach.

Comment

Working...
                      X