Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd is incapable of knocking Pacquiao out.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd won't be busting his gut for a KO, but that IN NO WAY means he isn't capable of finishing Pac early. As has already been mentioned, Pac has fought his way past plenty of guys who hit harder than Floyd. But he's never encountered a fighter who is capable of delivering perfectly timed shots when he's at his most vulnerable and from highly unorthodox angles.

The truth is Floyd doesn't NEED to be George Foreman in order to starch his opponent. Even a modestly heavy punch - delivered at precisely the right time and location - can leave opponents senseless.

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
      floyd is one of the only fighters that ive ever seen get up for EVERYBODY which is why he has only had one off night in his whole career. the question isnt weather hell be sharp or ready, its if roachs gameplan will overwhelm him, because mayweather will adjust and pac wont, but if what pac is doing is working then mayweather will have a problem. but its when mayweather adjusts midfight is what will dictate the story of the fight, and so far, nobody has ever overcome that.
      I think Roach is preparing a strategy for the first 3-4 rounds, and when PBF adapts he will change again, in order to make it more difficult for PBF to adapt and win rounds for the UD...

Do you see PBF turning to Southpaw as he did earlier in his carreer??
      Last edited by Mr. Chago; 12-15-2009, 06:12 PM.

Comment

I don't see PBF getting a KO at all. He is a defensive fighter. He tries to counterpunch and not get hit. He is too worried about taking punishment to get a KO on Pacman. He'll cover up and potshot. One and two shots are not going to knockout Pacman. Mayweather doesn't have Mike Tyson's power and Pacman takes a big punch.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Chago View Post
          I think Roach is preparing a strategy for the first 3-4 rounds, and when PBF adapts he will change again, in order to make more difficult for PBF...

Do you see PBF turning to Southpaw as he did earlier in his carreer??
          when mayweather adapts, you cant gameplan for that because its something thats unforseen. Only manny can adapt to that and manny while he can follow a gameplan, changing up in the middle of a fight , i just dont know.

I dont know what PBF will do, i dont even pick a winner, because i just dont know. Not to mention, i rarely pick a winner of a huge fight, sometimes i do, but most times i just favor someone, but i rarely pick them.

Comment

Floyd does not need knockout power to beat Manny. Did Sugar Ray Robinson KO Mangler? No. He outboxed him, and got the decision. Boxing involves much more then having power. There are many variables that go into the sport, and the actual fighting, which ultimately dictate who would win.

Comment

Floyd can knock him out EASY..

Did u see when JMM got cocky,Floyd dropped him like a bit**.

Floyd is gonna Ko pac.

Comment

Originally posted by K-Nan View Post
                The least likely result out of anything that could happen in this fight is a Floyd Mayweather KO.

At welterweight, Mayweather cut hiss power nearly in half. And he is going to be in there with a guy that takes a GREAT punch. If Mayweather can't knock out Marquez as he is outclassing him, how is going to put his foot on the gas against Manny, who poses an even bigger threat if Mayweather opens up?

I could see maybe a stoppage from the fight being so one sided, and Pac taking too much damage. But Manny can turn a fight around with one punch, so I don't believe that Roach or any official will be quick to stop it.

Bottom line: Mayweather is in for one hell of a fight. He needs to be as sharp as he has ever been in his life. This is the only thread I'll make on the fight, since there are enough already. Just thought I'd share my two cents.
                okay if pac couldt ko jmm what the hell makes you think floyd would. floyd has enough power to ko pac. pac is the one that needs to be sharp not floyd. you making me sound like a ****ing floyd stan. floyd is going to give pac one hell of boxing lesson a la jmm x20

Comment

As some have said in this thread, ANYTHING can happen in this sport (ALL sports for that matter). But I see a Mayweather win by late TKO.
                  Last edited by COACH WEBB; 12-15-2009, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Of course anything can happen in a sport.

But I personally think that a Floyd stoppage is the least likely outcome. I would expect a Pacquiao UD or stoppage before that.

Comment

Originally posted by Slag View Post
                      He only dropped Cotto, when Cotto was being overly aggressive. That's not going to happen to Mayweather, Not to mention, Cotto has a C- chin and D stamina at best.
                      Ooops! are you sure about that?Cotto was never KD, i think pacman was the only one KD him.
                      Before the pac-cotto fight many are sayin cotto has a great chin. Now he had C-chin?

Comment

Working...
                      X