Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So throwing 3-4 punch combos is not the sweet science?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mathed View Post
    floyd fights a scared fight now days. Sure he hits and does not get hit but it is not very fan friendly. It works but it makes for a bad fight (for the fans and the other guy as well). It is just his style nothing against it i guess but when i think of the "sweet science", i think of someone who has a fluid offense and defense.

Floyd is either defensive or offensive while defensive. He does not have that ability to come in and attack ferociously then become defensive right after. He is defensive, then hits once in a defensive fashion, then back to a defensive guard while backing off. It is like he never truly becomes offensive while the great ones are offensively and defensively overwhelming.
    w....t....f?????

Comment

Originally posted by Easy-E View Post
      yes, I believe true boxing fans respect Floyds style.
      And your statistics used to formulate your arguments are completly invalid. Floyd throws far more than 10 punches a round.
      It is statements like this that eliminate any shred of credibility you may have once had.
      Sorry man, that would mean only the Mayweather Mafia are true boxing fans.

I have a hard time believing that. I used to respect Floyd and his older more offensive fighting style. Now that I don't I must not be a true boxing fan anymore.

Comment

floyd's heart decreased

Comment

Originally posted by nikeboix69 View Post
          That's why I'm telling you man, Pacquiao will try to outbox Floyd come March 13th. To prove everyone wrong once again. Hehe. May be to prove he is a smarter fighter than Money May and have better ring generalship. Hehe, I know, I know its highly unlikely but man, you have just described how Manny have been proving everybody wrong on how he wins. But this will be the ultimate shocker. How will people rate him then as an ATG.
          if pacquiao gets an early lead i wouldn't mind if pac counterpunches a bit (going forward of course)

follow mayweather around , cut off the ring , wait for mayweather to engage first then trade with floyd.

i think he could get some positive results that way.

manny's counterpunching is underrated.

people forget that when he knocked hatton down the 1st time was a counter , the 2 cotto knockdowns were both counters , in the rematch with marquez he hurt marquez twice with counter once when he put marquez on ***** street and the knockdown.

Comment

Originally posted by DIOS DONIMICANO View Post
            floyd's heart decreased
            Ohh man that is gonna get under a lot of people's skin.

But, just to back you up, here is a quote from Ali:
            He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.
            ~Muhammad Ali

According to this quote, Pacquiao would be like Leonardo Da Vinci, while Floyd would be like a trustfund baby still in his crib. I know both have stepped in the ring 40 or more times but come on, Pacquiao more than edges Floyd on having more BALLS!!!
            Ohhp, here comes a pacnuthugger joke coming my way.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
              Sorry man, that would mean only the Mayweather Mafia are true boxing fans.

I have a hard time believing that. I used to respect Floyd and his older more offensive fighting style. Now that I don't I must not be a true boxing fan anymore.
              Uhhh...no. I know many posters on this board, myself included who respect Floyds style and are not in the Mayweather mafia.
              And if you cannot respect defensive mastery in the boxing ring, you are not a true boxing fan. If you cannot respect defense and counterpunching, you are no better than the *******s who call Floyd a runner. Hell you said he plays tag in the ring. To me, that displays a complete lack of not only knowledge, but respect for a style.

Comment

Floyd is good at what he does but most of the time, awfully boring also.

Comment

Originally posted by KILLA RIGHT View Post
                  I agree to a certain point. I've been a fan of his since he was on espn and fighting in the lower classes. He isn't as exciting as he once was. But the guy shuts down most opponents for 8 rds with his style. Stop calling it cheating. You people are incredible with the statements you make. By the way I wish he would go back to his old style but give him credit for his talent
                  dude im an mma fan and i hate ur signature, those 2 ass clowns dont represent mma, why dont u show gifs of bj penn, anderson sylva, shougun, machida, gsp, fedor, noguera, rampage, couture etc anyone who's actually relevant.
                  these fighters arent pure boxers but theyre black belts at other martial arts.
                  show some respect

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                    if pacquiao gets an early lead i wouldn't mind if pac counterpunches a bit (going forward of course)

follow mayweather around , cut off the ring , wait for mayweather to engage first then trade with floyd.

i think he could get some positive results that way.

manny's counterpunching is underrated.

people forget that when he knocked hatton down the 1st time was a counter , the 2 cotto knockdowns were both counters , in the rematch with marquez he hurt marquez twice with counter once when he put marquez on ***** street and the knockdown.
                    Yeah it seems people just dismisses it with, "Manny Pacquiao is not a counter puncher"

I guess it gives me more confidence with what you said, Manny gets 3 or 4 big rounds in the first 4 and he will bait Mayweather to come to him.

Ohhp, and I got the 69th post, ohh yeaahh, Gigiitty Gigitty
                    Last edited by nikeboix69; 12-09-2009, 02:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nikeboix69 View Post
                      Yeah it seems people just dismiss with, "Manny Pacquiao is not a counter puncher"

I guess it gives me more confidence with what you said, Manny gets 3 or 4 big rounds in the first 4 and he will bait Mayweather to come to him.
                      floyd will adapt.

manny has to as well.

i say come out slugging in the 1st few rounds. see if he can get to floyd before floyd adjusts to pac's speed and style.

once/if floyd adapts , manny needs to change it up as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X