Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So throwing 3-4 punch combos is not the sweet science?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Easy-E View Post
    also, Floyd lands around 40%-50% of his punches in fights. How is that not effective offense?
    5 landed out of 10 thrown

Comment

Originally posted by markbnlv View Post
      come on tua pernall was not great he did the same ****.
      i didn't say floyd's not great. he has great skills.

i just think it's harder to not get hit while on offense than when on defense.

Comment

also, Floyd lands around 40%-50% of his punches in fights. How is that not effective offense?
        it's not about the percentage.

i could throw 20 punches and land 50% while my opponent throws 60 punches and land 30% and i would lose the round.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
          He throws so few combinations that it's enough for people to notice and criticize him for it?

Floyd has been on the offensive decline since the Ndou fight. It's now so bad he's playing tag instead of boxing. It could be the weight class, but even *****s acknowledge that the Floyd Mayweather now and the Floyd Mayweather back then are not the same Floyd.

I used to be a fan, but with his current ego and fighting style, it's very hard to be.
          Please. You are clearly not a boxing fan. If you were you would respect fighters with excellent defense and counterpunching ability.
          How is the Gatti fight an offensive decline?
          Tell Mitchell, Gatti, Brussles and Hatton that Floyd is playing tag. Impressive that he was able to knock all of those fighters out, isnt it?

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
            it's not about the percentage.

i could throw 20 punches and land 50% while my opponent throws 60 punches and land 30% and i would lose the round.
            a poster claimed Floyd does not have effective offense.
            His percentage of landing proves otherwise.

Comment

I said one of the reasons Floyd is undefeated is because of his intelligence. And his ability to stick to his style and was even able to defeat 13 world champions in the process/
              Oh ok your original post that I responded did not say that. But, ok if that is your point. Then yes I agree you are absolutely right.

Comment

Too low for what? Your personal tastes? He defeats his opponents.
                Defeating, alright but in the manner of how you defeated your opponent is another thing. But there will come a time that most fans will get bored on how Floyd fights, I mean c'mon a lot of people think what they paid for dela hoya vs mayweather wasn't worth it and the marquez bout too, the sport is still about punches and fans are willing to pay for fighters who can do both, offense and defense.

Comment

Or because he is intelligent. He is 40-0, after all.
                  yea hes undefeated because he doesn't take risks, and yes he is intelligent.. he knows how to choose his opponents

Comment

Originally posted by bigboss1 View Post
                    yea hes undefeated because he doesn't take risks, and yes he is intelligent.. he knows how to choose his opponents
                    13 world champions fought.

Comment

Please. You are clearly not a boxing fan. If you were you would respect fighters with excellent defense and counterpunching ability.
                      How is the Gatti fight an offensive decline?
                      Tell Mitchell, Gatti, Brussles and Hatton that Floyd is playing tag. Impressive that he was able to knock all of those fighters out, isnt it?
                      So what it comes down to in your perspective is if you don't respect Floyd's fighting style you are not a boxing fan.

Typical *****. Throwing 10 punches a round is not an effective offense.

Comment

Working...
                      X