Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So throwing 3-4 punch combos is not the sweet science?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LATINOSNOBAYAG View Post
    But, throwing 1-punch at a time in fear of getting hit is ?

Do y'all realize that SRR, Archie Moore are all laughing at Mo**ey Mayweather right now.

For those of you who have actual boxing experience. Do any of your coaches instruct you to throw one punch at a time, so you won't get hit?

The art of hit and not get hit is the Sweet Science. But Mo**ey Mayweather has brainwashed his legion of ******s that being a p*ssy is the Sweet Science, lmao.
    Archie and ray are both dead

Yeah, often when fighting/sparring bigger guys

For the millionth fucking time. Floyd is not a *****, ******* live on the internet talking ****, (ie: yourself) ******* don't fight at a world class level in front of millions of losers like you waiting to tear them down.

Comment

Originally posted by Easy-E View Post
      The sweet science is hitting your opponent and not getting hit in return. Floyd, since 03, has landed more punches on his opponents and at a higher percentage than his opponents...
      How is that no representitive of the sweet science?
      The Sweet Science involves effective offense and evasive defense.

Floyd doesn't throw combinations anymore so which one do you think he's lacking?

Just because a fighter is slick doesn't mean he's using the Sweet Science.

I.E. Naseem Hamed, Zahir Raheem, Corey Spinks.

Comment

you mean the dude who just got caught using a banned substance...rightttt
        Smart enough to be undefeated, stupid enough to get caught.

Maybe it says something about undefeated fighters, eh?

They'd do anything to keep their 0's, even take roids.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post

Floyd doesn't throw combinations anymore so which one do you think he's lacking?

How stupid are you? Have you even seen a Floyd Mayweather fight? He throws combinations.

If Floyd plays tag in the ring tell that to Gatti, Mitchell, Corley, Brussles and Hatton fight, all which took place AFTER 2003.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post

also, Floyd lands around 40%-50% of his punches in fights. How is that not effective offense?

Comment

I think record is pretty representitive of an intelligent fighter inside the ring, espicially considering Floyd has fought 15 world champions.
              Floyd has fought 13 world champions not 15. And, again if you are a smart at picking your opponents you can remain undefeated. I can name a handful of undefeated. Who IMO were not intelligent inside the ring. I think Floyd is one or thee smartest fighters right now. But, what I am saying is that you saying he is undefeated cuz he is smart in the ring. Is not a good argument.

IMO he is the smartest in boxing right now inside the ring cuz he makes you fight on his pace. He has adjusted to any style he has faces so far. He has adjust in the middle of the fight. He finds a weakness and exploits it. That is my argument on why he is one or is thee smartest fighter in the game right now. Being undefeated is just a weak argument IMO.

Comment

also, Floyd lands around 40%-50% of his punches in fights. How is that not effective offense?
                Which you can count with your hands. His efficient in hitting since he's a counter puncher but the rate of punches thrown is too low.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                  Floyd has fought 13 world champions not 15. And, again if you are a smart at picking your opponents you can remain undefeated. I can name a handful of undefeated. Who IMO were not intelligent inside the ring. I think Floyd is one or thee smartest fighters right now. But, what I am saying is that you saying he is undefeated cuz he is smart in the ring. Is not a good argument.

IMO he is the smartest in boxing right now inside the ring cuz he makes you fight on his pace. He has adjusted to any style he has faces so far. He has adjust in the middle of the fight. He finds a weakness and exploits it. That is my argument on why he is one or is thee smartest fighter in the game right now. Being undefeated is just a weak argument IMO.
                  I said one of the reasons Floyd is undefeated is because of his intelligence. And his ability to stick to his style and was even able to defeat 13 world champions in the process/

Comment

Originally posted by imscythe View Post
                    Which you can count with your hands. His efficient in hitting since he's a counter puncher but the rate of punches thrown is too low.
                    Too low for what? Your personal tastes? He defeats his opponents.

Comment

How stupid are you? Have you even seen a Floyd Mayweather fight? He throws combinations.

If Floyd plays tag in the ring tell that to Gatti, Mitchell, Corley, Brussles and Hatton fight, all which took place AFTER 2003.
                      He throws so few combinations that it's enough for people to notice and criticize him for it?

Floyd has been on the offensive decline since the Ndou fight. It's now so bad he's playing tag instead of boxing. It could be the weight class, but even *****s acknowledge that the Floyd Mayweather now and the Floyd Mayweather back then are not the same Floyd.

I used to be a fan, but with his current ego and fighting style, it's very hard to be.

Comment

Working...
                      X