Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So throwing 3-4 punch combos is not the sweet science?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Easy-E View Post
    Uhhh...no. I know many posters on this board, myself included who respect Floyds style and are not in the Mayweather mafia.
    And if you cannot respect defensive mastery in the boxing ring, you are not a true boxing fan. If you cannot respect defense and counterpunching, you are no better than the *******s who call Floyd a runner. Hell you said he plays tag in the ring. To me, that displays a complete lack of not only knowledge, but respect for a style.
    Whoops, sorry I don't respect his style. Just like I don't respect Andre Dirrell's style. I didn't know it was a boxing sin. I respect both their skills and when they let their hands go sometimes magic happens, but they lack the heart to do so consistently and so they fight scared. That I don't respect.

True boxing fans are hard to come by these days huh?

Or maybe you set the standards a bit too high, eh?

Comment

Lets be real Floyd has taken to pot shotting the likes off Baldo and to a certain extent Oscar, he even exchanged on the ropes vs Oscar and buckled him. After the Marquez fight the dude even said he wasn't happy with the amount of combos he was doing and said he will sort it.

Put it this way Floyd wont be winning by throwing 1 shot vs a guy like Pac but i expect him to throw alot more and win fairly convincingly. They are both entertaining in there own way as well, not that it matters, what matters is who wins when they meet.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
        Whoops, sorry I don't respect his style. Just like I don't respect Andre Dirrell's style. I didn't know it was a boxing sin. I respect both their skills and when they let their hands go sometimes magic happens, but they lack the heart to do so consistently and so they fight scared. That I don't respect.

How the **** cn you compare Dirrel To Floyd? Dirrel is a girl who falls down to the ground and hugs 24/7 to avoid punches, he had the skills to beat Froch yet he wouldn't put it on the line. When has Floyd ever done similar? when the going got tough vs the likes of Castillo/Judah.. he stuck it out and fought.

Comment

Originally posted by snootz86 View Post
          How the **** cn you compare Dirrel To Floyd? Dirrel is a girl who falls down to the ground and hugs 24/7 to avoid punches, he had the skills to beat Froch yet he wouldn't put it on the line. When has Floyd ever done similar? when the going got tough vs the likes of Castillo/Judah.. he stuck it out and fought.
          They both fight on the backfoot. They both clinch a lot when the opponent gets inside. They both run around the ring. Dirrell does it to the extreme, blatantly turning his back and going in the opposite direction. Floyd is more subtle about it.

Comment

Maybe I expect more from boxing fans than I should I expect them to respect defense and counterpunching ability.
            And I dont think stylistically there are many comparisons to be made between Dirrell and Mayweather.

Floyd doesnt fight scared, he fights his style, which gives him the best chance to win. If youve seen Floyd fight, you know he is very confident and comfortable when he fights. Far from scared.

Also, maybe dont judge Dirrell on only the Froch fight, Id watch a couple other fights if I were you.

Comment

Uhhh...no. I know many posters on this board, myself included who respect Floyds style and are not in the Mayweather mafia.
              And if you cannot respect defensive mastery in the boxing ring, you are not a true boxing fan. If you cannot respect defense and counterpunching, you are no better than the *******s who call Floyd a runner. Hell you said he plays tag in the ring. To me, that displays a complete lack of not only knowledge, but respect for a style.
              Most fans, including Pac nuthuggers like me appreciate Floyd's natural talent and intelligence. What sickens me is Floyd's underperforming even against average opponents.

That Ring article way back 1999 described Floyd best: "He's so good it's scary." Unfortunately, it hasn't carried over for a few years now.

Comment

They both fight on the backfoot. They both clinch a lot when the opponent gets inside. They both run around the ring. Dirrell does it to the extreme, blatantly turning his back and going in the opposite direction. Floyd is more subtle about it.
                Floyd does not clinch very much, he often fights in the pocket, its just his opponents cannot hit him. He also does not "run" arounds the ring. your posts provide more and more evidence that you are not familiar with Floyd Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by nelsoncm View Post
                  Most fans, including Pac nuthuggers like me appreciate Floyd's natural talent and intelligence. What sickens me is Floyd's underperforming even against average opponents.

That Ring article way back 1999 described Floyd best: "He's so good it's scary." Unfortunately, it hasn't carried over for a few years now.
                  elaborate?

Comment

Originally posted by nelsoncm View Post

Exactly the point. He used to be very good offensively and outstanding defensively. Nowadays his defense is still outstanding, but the offense has waned.

Comment

Floyd does not clinch very much, he often fights in the pocket, its just his opponents cannot hit him. He also does not "run" arounds the ring. your posts provide more and more evidence that you are not familiar with Floyd Mayweather.
                      Floyd holds one arm and sticks his elbow in his opponents face. That's what I mean by clinching.

Floyd runs around the ring. That one is damn obvious even casual fans point it out.

I'm starting to think maybe you need to watch more Mayweather fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X