Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VictoriaBeckham View Post
    Not a chance.

I mean, seriously. Not even close.
    Yeah Martinez was about 170 Pound last night.......

And Paul took BOMBS from him.

Comment

Negative. Williams is way to big.

Comment

Originally posted by King Burner View Post
        Martinez is slick..and defesnive minded...

Pac is not..hes a brawler...and hes also 5 FOOT 6.........

Sergio was 5-11.....

two diffrent fghts man..Pac has no chance vs, Paul....
        Pacquiao is not a brawler, he has movement which would disrupt Williams' rhythm, and he can punch better on the move than Martinez, extra weight doesn't necessarily mean bigger puncher. And Williams for all his height, doesn't use it that well, he bends down a lot and brings himself down a few inches, especially when he's on offense against a guy who moves against him.

I'm not saying it would be a certainty that Pacquiao wins and it would be a tough fight for him but I'd pick him to win at 147, as I said in my post, I don't think Williams can make 147 anymore and if he does it would take something out of him, that little something could be the deciding factor.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
          Pacquiao is not a brawler, he has movement which would disrupt Williams' rhythm, and he can punch better on the move than Martinez, extra weight doesn't necessarily mean bigger puncher. And Williams for all his height, doesn't use it that well, he bends down a lot and brings himself down a few inches, especially when he's on offense against a guy who moves against him.

I'm not saying it would be a certainty that Pacquiao wins and it would be a tough fight for him but I'd pick him to win at 147, as I said in my post, I don't think Williams can make 147 anymore and if he does it would take something out of him, that little something could be the deciding factor.
          Pac is 5-6.........

Hes no Sergio Martinez....Hes very easy to hit........he is not defensive minded...

When Cotto/jmm jabbed Pac...he looked lost....

Hell Paul double and triples his jab at times....

This is a mismatch man...this is ridicoulous to say that a 5-6 Manny..who weighed about 147 on fight night.....can beat Williams a 6-2 guy who will come in 165.

R u kidding me?

Comment

Williams is just a big bum, that's all...

Comment

Pac is 5-6.........

Hes no Sergio Martinez....Hes very easy to hit........he is not defensive minded...

When Cotto/jmm jabbed Pac...he looked lost....

Hell Paul double and triples his jab at times....

This is a mismatch man...this is ridicoulous to say that a 5-6 Manny..who weighed about 147 on fight night.....can beat Williams a 6-2 guy who will come in 165.

R u kidding me?
              Martinez was open to the straight left hand all night and Williams didn't take full advantage of it. Pacquiao is not that easy to hit anymore, he has neutralized his opponents' attacks very well in his last few fights.

Williams' jab has improved a lot over the past couple of years but it's not that good, it's not really a strong jab, it's more like a stinging jab, not like Cotto's and JMM's jabs.

I already mentioned the height, Williams is 6'2 but he doesn't fight 6'2, he fights 5'11 or 5'10. He bends down a lot and runs into a lot of shots. Weight can play a factor but then again Cotto was rumored to be 160 on fight night.

As I said, I'm picking this fight at 147 where I think Williams will struggle to make weight, at a higher weight, say 154 or 160 of course Williams would win.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
                Martinez was open to the straight left hand all night and Williams didn't take full advantage of it. Pacquiao is not that easy to hit anymore, he has neutralized his opponents' attacks very well in his last few fights.

Against Diaz, Cotto, Hatton and a drained Oscar..not a good judging meter. And none of them are 6-2 southpaws with ko power..a great chin..an 82 inch reach..crazy stamina and non stop punches form every angle.

Williams' jab has improved a lot over the past couple of years but it's not that good, it's not really a strong jab, it's more like a stinging jab, not like Cotto's and JMM's jabs.

Williams jab isnt suppose to hurt you..he has the long jab that distracts you...then boom..left hand.

I already mentioned the height, Williams is 6'2 but he doesn't fight 6'2, he fights 5'11 or 5'10. He bends down a lot and runs into a lot of shots. Weight can play a factor but then again Cotto was rumored to be 160 on fight night.

Doesnt matter..sometimes he bangs....sonetimes he doesnt...He doesnt sit in his opponents chest the whole fight..hes outside most of the time flicking his jab....

As I said, I'm picking this fight at 147 where I think Williams will struggle to make weight, at a higher weight, say 154 or 160 of course Williams would win.

He was only 157...for a 160 Poud fight...I think he makes 147....Pac was gon fight Foreman..he should fight Martinez instead.
                bolded........

Comment

roach would have the game plan to beat williams... thats more like it..

Comment

Originally posted by RisAri0 View Post
                    roach would have the game plan to beat williams... thats more like it..
                    There is nothing that Sergio did that Pac ever does or can do..TWO completly diffrent fighters.

Comment

bolded........
                      Why was Cotto not a good judging meter? Maybe he hasn't recovered fully from the Margarito fight but he had beaten a top welterweight in Clottey before Pacquiao. Say what you want about Hatton, he was the man at 140.

That jab wouldn't work against Pacquiao, you brought up Cotto's and JMM's jabs which were strong jabs that managed to throw Pacquiao off a little, especially in JMM's case. When was the last time a stinging jab affected Pacquiao?

You really put too much into Williams' jab.

Pacquiao wasn't going to fight Foreman, it was just something Arum brought up as a contingency in case the Mayweather fight fell through. It had as much credence as Mayweather fighting Matthew Hatton and Saul Alvarez.

Comment

Working...
                      X