No announcement yet.

Just rewatched Mayweather-Marquez: Marquez looked sharp

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
    Lets both hope that Mayweather is respected if he beats Pacquiao. We already know the cycle on here.

Of course not, he'd get his props for about a month then it's back to ducking Shane and fighting a real Welterweight.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
      yeah but what proof do people really have that JMM had no power? He never hardly got to land anything but when he did land I thought they were very solid blows. On top of this I remember making a million threads before that fight saying that JMM has nothing for Floyd because I dont beleive hardly any righty in history can hit a "prime" Mayweather clean. Then the fight comes and as good as Floyd's D was, JMM still caught him with some over hand rights that were hard. That tells me right there that JMM was alot better than people think because I bet anything if Floyd fought Cotto or Clottey that they couldnt land those same shots on him. They wouldve landed a few but most of them wouldvt hit his arms. JMM hit him flush with a couple of those rights and it made Floyd smile because he knew he got him good.

I just think people sleep on JMM that night. I also dont think that Pac is hurting JMM anymore than he has in the past. Again, Cotto, Oscar, Diaz, and Hatton are all chasing Pac like idiots. Trying to walk down a puncher. JMM wouldnt do that. He's already leaning back and making Pac reach which is taking the steam off the shots
      Oh come on man. Floyd shrugged off every punch, had absolutely no regard for Marquez's power. I thought Floyd was carrying Marquez most of night and only truly tried to get him out of there late. If Floyd had fought like the 10th round onward from the very start, Marquez isn't lasting 6 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by tesla_power View Post
        Jmm has power but not in any way that could cause concern on Pbf. Most boxers who smile when hit often use it to hide their hurt but in Pbf's case, it only woke him up that Jmm could hit him.

Jmm's style is just hard for Pac. But at 140 and above, as soon as pac lands and the round is still early, it is probable pac would get the KO. Jmm is simply not as effective as pac in moving up the weight. His speed was lesser and his power is still that of a 135-135lbs fighter. The 130 JMM >> 135 JMM and >>>> 142 JMM.
        well everyone will see after the Pac fight. I think alot of people will then say that it was just because of Floyd and that JMM may could still beat Pac at the higher weights. Thats how I think Floyd is going to make Pac look also. It will be a different kind of fight obviously but still easy

Comment

Originally posted by Imhotep View Post
          THat`s a bull**** comparision.Marquez is a half a inch taller then Pacquiao so your argument is idiotic.And Floyd`s natural weight is 130.At welterweight he`s not as a fast and does`nt have nowhere the power.
          There is a reason your an alt of som1s cos you wouldnt dare post on your proper account lol

Its not a bull**** comparison...

His statement was...people use weight to much of an issue..not height...not reach...but WEIGHT

u twat

Comment

Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
            Oh come on man. Floyd shrugged off every punch, had absolutely no regard for Marquez's power. I thought Floyd was carrying Marquez most of night and only truly tried to get him out of there late. If Floyd had fought like the 10th round onward from the very start, Marquez isn't lasting 6 rounds.
            Im not saying he hurt Floyd. He didnt do that at all but Floyd was shocked that JMM hit him with some clean shots and they were solid punches. Floyd has a good chin though and he's never going to take the full impact. I agree with the TS that it wasnt just that Floyd wasnt aggressive early. JMM was in great counter punching position. It was intimidating even for me to watch. It was like "if you run up then Im going to get you". Thats why Floyd could only throw one shot. Other then that JMM was going to have no chance to hit him. People are smoking if they think Pac wouldve walked through JMM at 144. Let Pac come up there with that **** he's been doing the last 4 fights and watch JMM light his ass up just like he did in the first 2 fights.

Comment

well everyone will see after the Pac fight. I think alot of people will then say that it was just because of Floyd and that JMM may could still beat Pac at the higher weights. Thats how I think Floyd is going to make Pac look also. It will be a different kind of fight obviously but still easy
              It boils down to if Floyd can effectively control the range and pace of the fight.

Comment

Floyd would of beat Marquez at any weight. Size didn't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
                  It boils down to if Floyd can effectively control the range and pace of the fight.
                  It doesnt boil down to anything to me. Pac is a Southpaw so that gives him a chance. Floyd has been jittery early in some of the big fights. Thats why I said that Pac has a chance to stop him within 3 or 4 rounds if he catches Floyd sleeping. He either has to stop Floyd then or severly daze him to the point where he's hurt for a few rounds. If that doesnt happened then its a cake walk. Even if Floyd is down 3-0 or 3-1 and Pac has landed some hard shots, I bet anything he still wont win another round. Floyd will figure him out by then and its over. All that is worst case. Best case is Floyd is on from the jump which I think he may be for this fight and he will totally whitewash him.

Seriously. Ive never been one of those guys to say if this guy could do this then imagine what this guy would do. That just doesnt work in boxing. However, this is the one case where it does. I think people are so wrong in thinking that Pac is so different from the JMM fight. The only thing that has changed is the opponents. I think Floyd is like JMM x10. I think everything JMM did to him, Floyd will do but add to it that Floyd is way faster than JMM, more accurate, and has 10x better defense. Thats not even counting the size. For the record I dont think Floyd is much bigger than Pac but he's bigger than JMM. I also think the speed will be a super huge factor. You can agrue that Pac is faster but its not about your speed, its about your opponents speed. Floyd has fought very fast Southpaws while Pac hasnt fought 1 guy his whole career who has any speed. Floyd's speed will be a shock to him.

Then for the 1st time in a million fights, he's going to fight a guy who has elite D and top notch awearness, meaning he will have a very hard time landing. Look at the guy's he's been fighting, and I mean even including JMM, EM, and MAB. None of those guys are good on D. They all get hit alot. The only one who is somewhat solid is MAB. Hatton with his hands down, Cotto using his face to block, a dead Oscar, Diaz? Its going to be night & day the D and speed he see's from Floyd compared to those guys. People are so underestimating that

Comment

Alright, I'll reassess my opinion if pac-pbf fights. For all we know, pac may be declining. Saw a slightly slower Pac in the Cotto fight.

Comment

Originally posted by POUND4POUNDBEST View Post
                      Floyd would of beat Marquez at any weight. Size didn't matter.
                      That is not true. Marquez would beat Floyd at 130.

Comment

Working...
                      X