No announcement yet.

Just rewatched Mayweather-Marquez: Marquez looked sharp

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
    I disagree. At Junior Welterweight and heavier, the difference is Manny brought all of his speed and power with him. Considering how well Pacquiao's body has reacted during the weight gain compared to Marquez, you must assume that these weights are much more natural for Manny than they are Marquez. Pacquiao is a different beast right now.
    No doubt Pac carries the weight much better. He may even carry it better than Floyd. I dont think JMM would do as good against the WW's as Pac would but head to head he would give Pac hell no matter what weight they fight at. A dumb Hatton who just lost to Floyd and almost got KO by Lazcano, a dead zombie like Oscar, or a shot Cotto is nothing compared to a JMM who was still on the top of his game and is so far superior to those guys skill wise. Its a night & day fight. People are fooling themselves if they dont see that. Im telling you that Floyd would do that to JMM at any weight if he throws one shot at a time. He wasnt as bad as people think, Floyd just made him look that way and Im not being a homer. Im being real. Floyd stayed outside and threw one shot while using his speed. Pac cant do that and isnt as skillful as Floyd. I bet anything that a fight against Pac-JMM at 144 would be just like there other 2 fights. Thats atleast before the Floyd fight. Sometimes when you finally lose outright, it changes you

Comment

Originally posted by Imhotep View Post
      Floyd would have the size advamtage in any weight.And also the skill advantage and speed advantage.Point is Floyd beat Marquez at any weight.No excuses.

Floyd beat Corrales,Genero Hernandez,Justin Jukko,Tony Pep,Oscar Delahoya,and Philip Ndou.And they all had a size advantage over him.
      Did you not read my first post I acknowledged the stylistic mismatch? Perhaps you should read it again:

Originally posted by deliveryman
      That fight is a stylistic nightmare for Marquez at any weight, and then give Floyd every single physical advantage you could possibly come up with, which obviously resulted in a mismatch.

I don't think Marquez looked nearly as slow and lethargic at 144 as some people on here claim, but he definitely wasn't as fast nor hit as hard than he did, even at 135.

I think he can win a belt at 140.
      What I was trying to infer was, while I think Marquez would also lose at any weight, I do think it would of been a little more competitive without the size disparity.

Comment

Originally posted by Imhotep View Post
        I agree.Marquez hands were blazing fast.The Floyd haters/Pac sperm drinkers try to discredit Floyd by saying Marquez became slow when he moved up when in reality he looked as fast if not faster in the Floyd fight then in his fight with Juan Diaz.
        ......lol

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
          No doubt Pac carries the weight much better. He may even carry it better than Floyd. I dont think JMM would do as good against the WW's as Pac would but head to head he would give Pac hell no matter what weight they fight at. A dumb Hatton who just lost to Floyd and almost got KO by Lazcano, a dead zombie like Oscar, or a shot Cotto is nothing compared to a JMM who was still on the top of his game and is so far superior to those guys skill wise. Its a night & day fight. People are fooling themselves if they dont see that. Im telling you that Floyd would do that to JMM at any weight if he throws one shot at a time. He wasnt as bad as people think, Floyd just made him look that way and Im not being a homer. Im being real. Floyd stayed outside and threw one shot while using his speed. Pac cant do that and isnt as skillful as Floyd. I bet anything that a fight against Pac-JMM at 144 would be just like there other 2 fights. Thats atleast before the Floyd fight. Sometimes when you finally lose outright, it changes you
          Yes, I know Marquez matches up well with Manny stylistically, I had taken that into consideration.

The problem is, despite Marquez's great ability to counter with combinations, he's still there to be hit. I sincerely doubt Marquez would be able to even hurt Manny if they fought at Welter. Marquez who's been knocked down 4 times, would be eating punches from a much more naturally stronger, heavier Pacquiao.

You're probably right in the sense that the fight would probably look very similar to their previous two fights, it's just that when they start trading heavy punches, Marquez is not going to be able to handle them this time.
          Last edited by deliveryman; 11-29-2009, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Yes, I know Marquez matches up well with Manny stylistically, I had taken that into consideration.

The problem is, despite Marquez's great ability to counter with combinations, he's still there to be hit. I sincerely doubt Marquez would be able to even hurt Manny if they fought at Welter. Marquez who's been knocked down 4 times, would be eating punches from a much more naturally stronger, heavier Pacquiao.

You're probably right in the sense that the fight would probably look very similar to their previous two fights, it's just that when they start trading heavy punches, Marquez is not going to be able to handle them this time.
            Agree man, I also said Pacquiao would have badly beaten the Marquez that Mayweather faced.

Comment

yeah but what proof do people really have that JMM had no power? He never hardly got to land anything but when he did land I thought they were very solid blows. On top of this I remember making a million threads before that fight saying that JMM has nothing for Floyd because I dont beleive hardly any righty in history can hit a "prime" Mayweather clean. Then the fight comes and as good as Floyd's D was, JMM still caught him with some over hand rights that were hard. That tells me right there that JMM was alot better than people think because I bet anything if Floyd fought Cotto or Clottey that they couldnt land those same shots on him. They wouldve landed a few but most of them wouldvt hit his arms. JMM hit him flush with a couple of those rights and it made Floyd smile because he knew he got him good.

I just think people sleep on JMM that night. I also dont think that Pac is hurting JMM anymore than he has in the past. Again, Cotto, Oscar, Diaz, and Hatton are all chasing Pac like idiots. Trying to walk down a puncher. JMM wouldnt do that. He's already leaning back and making Pac reach which is taking the steam off the shots

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
                Agree man, I also said Pacquiao would have badly beaten the Marquez that Mayweather faced.
                For sure.

It's funny how a good stylistic match-up can do a complete 180. At 130 or below, it favors Marquez, without a doubt. At 140+ it's a stylistic mismatch in favor of Pacquiao because only one of them will be respecting the other's power.

It's absolutely incredible what Manny has done the past 2 years, the way he has carried the weight.

Comment

For sure.

It's funny how a good stylistic match-up can do a complete 180. At 130 or below, it favors Marquez, without a doubt. At 140+ it's a stylistic mismatch in favor of Pacquiao because only one of them will be respecting the other's power.

It's absolutely incredible what Manny has done the past 2 years, it's almost surreal. He deserves the credit.
                  Lets both hope that Mayweather is respected if he beats Pacquiao. We already know the cycle on here.

Comment

Marquez wasn't his best.

That said, even if he was at his best, Floyd beats him. Trying to counterpunch and box Floyd is like trying to brawl with Pacquiao. It doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                      yeah but what proof do people really have that JMM had no power? He never hardly got to land anything but when he did land I thought they were very solid blows. On top of this I remember making a million threads before that fight saying that JMM has nothing for Floyd because I dont beleive hardly any righty in history can hit a "prime" Mayweather clean. Then the fight comes and as good as Floyd's D was, JMM still caught him with some over hand rights that were hard. That tells me right there that JMM was alot better than people think because I bet anything if Floyd fought Cotto or Clottey that they couldnt land those same shots on him. They wouldve landed a few but most of them wouldvt hit his arms. JMM hit him flush with a couple of those rights and it made Floyd smile because he knew he got him good.

I just think people sleep on JMM that night. I also dont think that Pac is hurting JMM anymore than he has in the past. Again, Cotto, Oscar, Diaz, and Hatton are all chasing Pac like idiots. Trying to walk down a puncher. JMM wouldnt do that. He's already leaning back and making Pac reach which is taking the steam off the shots
                      Jmm has power but not in any way that could cause concern on Pbf. Most boxers who smile when hit often use it to hide their hurt but in Pbf's case, it only woke him up that Jmm could hit him.

Jmm's style is just hard for Pac. But at 140 and above, as soon as pac lands and the round is still early, it is probable pac would get the KO. Jmm is simply not as effective as pac in moving up the weight. His speed was lesser and his power is still that of a 135-135lbs fighter. The 130 JMM >> 135 JMM and >>>> 142 JMM.

Comment

Working...
                      X