Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why was Marquez-Pacquiao II so close?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both. A little drained but a combination of both. Put it this way -- I would love to see a Pacquiao-Marquez fight at 140+.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Originally posted by ummid View Post
      well according to some people here, jmm beat pac twice, would beat him again at any weight, was robbed against chris john, defeated prime barrera, prime casamayor, KOd the hof'er juan diaz, and would have beat pbf had they fought at jmm's best weight... how's that for a resume?
      Yes, and according to people like you Pac beat legendary champions like Ledwaba, Velasquez and undefeated monsters like Emmanuel Lucero and Jorge Solis, HOFers like David Diaz and 3K. Healthy, prime fighters like Oscar, Morales, Barrera II (as well as the best version of Barrera ever in their first fight who looked as sharp as a tack) and defensive geniuses who were also still in their prime like Hatton and Cotto who were looking better than ever, neither of whom had been brutally beaten and knocked out only a couple of fights before Pac.

Of course he also never got knocked out twice, beaten by an shot dude and would have destroyed Agapito Sanchez if they let the fight go on.

Comment

Originally posted by S a m u r a i View Post
        Both. A little drained but a combination of both. Put it this way -- I would love to see a Pacquiao-Marquez fight at 140+.
        you would like to see the 36 year old past prime legend against the prime strong 30 year old #1 fighter at jr welter weight?

btw, struggling to make weight and being weight drained can be 2 different things.
        Last edited by Zarco; 11-30-2009, 04:03 AM.

Comment

i dont think he was weight drained, i do however believe that that's not pac's prime, and not best weight class for him to be in. 140 pac of today will whoop on prime marquez.

this is how i see this...
          every post pacquiao win...
          pac haters: "he was weight drained, he's old, he always sucked, he didnt follow the game plan.. etc etc"

so the pac nuthuggers are just like
          "you know what we're gonna say that pac was weight drained against JMM II since thats the one fight you haters keep mentioning, even though it was actually a really close fight, pac scored the only KD and 2 judges and ledderman thought pac won..."

this is why i voted yes myself.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
            Yes, and according to people like you Pac beat legendary champions like Ledwaba, Velasquez and undefeated monsters like Emmanuel Lucero and Jorge Solis, HOFers like David Diaz and 3K. Healthy, prime fighters like Oscar, Morales, Barrera II (as well as the best version of Barrera ever in their first fight who looked as sharp as a tack) and defensive geniuses who were also still in their prime like Hatton and Cotto who were looking better than ever, neither of whom had been brutally beaten and knocked out only a couple of fights before Pac.

Of course he also never got knocked out twice, beaten by an shot dude and would have destroyed Agapito Sanchez if they let the fight go on.

morales1, barrera1, dlh, hatton and cotto aren't really great wins if you think about it, considering the fact that pac wasn't an underdog on most of these fights and pretty much didn't slaughter the opposition. forget about jumping up in weights thing, that **** is overrated, nobody gives a crap about that if the other guy is past prime, weight drained, swollen balls or gasp! not undefeated. nah, pretty ordinary wins if you ask me... not even comparable to the likes of winning over a casamayor or a juan diaz.

defensive fighters? yeah i'm pretty sure just about every single fan is dying to see those as tune-up fights. check out those names at lower weights, pretty freakin impressive if you ask me, you'd get a ton of recognition and money just having your name mentioned with one of em slicks. that's a great plan for building a fan base on a foreign soil too, keep racking up decision victories against runners who are pretty much already household names. it's not like pac has a crowd pleasing fighting style, god forbid that he actually tries to get fights with another crowd pleasing fighter to get attention... why the hell would he do that?

sanchez (rip) is a prime example of an honest, clean fighter. that draw was actually a gift for pac, the fight should have been allowed to continue with all those low blows, and take downs, no referee should disqualify fighters like that... might as well fight fedor.

Comment

Originally posted by Zarco View Post
              bahahaha! thats true, marquez is all those mexicans got left. i know mexico, usa, and europe is the strong hold of boxing and there will always be a mexican hero but the fact cant be denied that marquez is their last hope. marquez reminds me of pacquiao in that pacquiao is the flips last hero too. flips are **** scared of pacquiao loosing...i wonder why?

they will all go back to rooting for black guys in the nba once pacquiao retires.
              pinoys (or at least most pinoys) have been fans of boxing even before pacquiao, pac just stole the spotlight when he came.

yes, pinoys are scared of pacquiao losing. it's not like he got better when he lost to torrecampo, singsurat, or morales. i'm pretty sure pac and his fans can't handle losses too well.

what ******ed marquez fans said all this bull****? ****ing idiots who ever said all that...reminds me of some people on here that said pac beat a prime healthy weight morales that got robbed against raheem, win over barrera 2 was a great accomplishment, david diaz was a hall of famer, ricky hatton was a certified boxing master, de la hoya was a monster, and that marquez was a great fighter(marquez is overrated but yet they say it was a great win for pac, lol)
              see my previous post.

Comment

Pac weighed 145-147 on the night of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Zarco View Post
                  hahaha, good idea but i will pass. that is soo corny. this reminds me of the other day a foreing friend invited me over for dinner, when i got there i asked "whats for dinner?" they said "puppies" i said "fuck that ill pass" some times you just have to pass on corny paints and corny/disgusting food.
                  you passed???? fck! you have no idea what you missed. nothing in the world tastes better than tangy, succulent puppies.

Comment

Originally posted by ummid View Post
                    you passed???? fck! you have no idea what you missed. nothing in the world tastes better than tangy, succulent puppies.
                    cow FTW...
                    Last edited by Zarco; 12-01-2009, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                      He didn't struggle at all. He made weight first time on the scales. Being weight drained also makes you fight sluggish, lose stamina very quickly, punch weaker, slower etc etc. Pacquiao looked better that night than any other previously. Marquez fought very well too, so it was a close fight.

He fought as hard in the championship rounds as he did in the first few rounds. That is not what someone does when they're weight drained.

Anyway, he made weight fine, fought better than ever but fought someone who was as good as him and made him struggle but because he has gone on to beat Hatton and Cotto while Marquez got beat by Mayweather people suddenly think he had to be weight drained? Give me a break. If he was so weight drained the second time, why didn't he do any better the first time around, apart from the first round?

If they fought today at any weight Pac would win convincingly, not because he's gotten so much better but because Marquez has gotten worse. He's much older, slower, easier to hit and getting too small for the weight divisions he is fighting in. Pac is still at his peak and Marquez has now well and truly passed his.

Marquez would always give Pac problems exactly the same way every single time they fought. They are both 50/50 and this weight drained BS is exactly that. BS! He just fought someone who didn't walk in and use his face as his defense and who was faster than molasses dripping off a spoon.
                      You do know Pac stans aren't going to understand this, because their God has no equal, so the only logical solution is he was weight drained, still its funny, when Manny is in there with weight drained opponents (Morales 2, 3 and DLH) he looks God-like, but when someone makes him look human (Marquez 1 and 2) he was "weight-drained", its ridiculous, this new migration of Pac fans from Pacland have the mental capacity of a vegetable when it comes to boxing, its disgusting.

Comment

Working...
                      X