No announcement yet.

Guzman showed a lot of heart in his first career LOSS

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
    I've never seen guzman so busted up. Probably had a broken nose after the 3rd round, had a NASTY cut over the eye by a clash of heads, and another cut caused by Funeka punch. He had every reason to tell his corner not to continue, but he didn't.

Funeka is a certified beast, he proved that once again last night. And Guzman, despite getting busted up and pounded, continued to go toe to toe with him and he took some monster shots that most guys at 135 would not have survived. So all the "Guzman only runs" talk should end now.

I don't know what it is about the Canadian judges, but they never seem to get it right, gotta feel bad for Funeka, that's twice now he got screwed over. He proved he was the better fighter last night.
    Guzman's name should never ever be mentioned in the same sentence with Mayweather's.....I see no comparison.

With that being said he started out good in the fight and the nose seemed to give him problems. I think thats what he wasn't moving as much because he couldn't breathe. Valiant effort from Guzman

Comment

I feel like Guzman lost a lot of speed and was not at his best, and the cuts and bloody nose didn't help at all. I hope he's not past his prime, he loops his punches badly, doesn't have any power and gets careless when he's on offense, which is why he got caught badly by Funeka. He's been one of my favorite fighters and has a decent chin. He needs Floyd Sr. back in his corner to correct a few things and he should be back better than ever. Hopefully

Comment

Originally posted by Easy Work View Post
        Guzman's name should never ever be mentioned in the same sentence with Mayweather's.....I see no comparison.

With that being said he started out good in the fight and the nose seemed to give him problems. I think thats what he wasn't moving as much because he couldn't breathe. Valiant effort from Guzman
        Guzman doesn't run as much as Floyd. I just watched Ali/Guzman fight, and he actually was pressing the fight at times.

Comment

It seems that people are angry at more than the decision. Cotto stans seem to be mad at him for not quitting, they don't realize that not every fighter is a quitter.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Jesus View Post
            It seems that people are angry at more than the decision. Cotto stans seem to be mad at him for not quitting, they don't realize that not every fighter is a quitter.
            Oh boy. Talk about bringing two completely different TOPICS TOGETHER for the sake of what? Maybe the MAN had something to do with this too.
            KJ is one of those ridiculous "comparing guys"

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=332584

Comment

hell yea....Guzman showed alot of heart and toughness!!!.....should've showed a little integrity by not raisin' his hands at the end after the scores were revealed!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Jesus View Post

Yeah Many Puerto Ricans want to see Guzman fail to do things.They want him to be like Cotto and Quit.No offense, but puerto Ricans aren't how they used to be in the past they were real warriors and tough guys, but now alot of them tend to quit and cry and some duck people.I think thats why some Puerto Ricans want Guzman to quit and be made a joke of so they can feel better about their fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by GuachupitaAssn View Post
                  Yeah Many Puerto Ricans want to see Guzman fail to do things.They want him to be like Cotto and Quit.No offense, but puerto Ricans aren't how they used to be in the past they were real warriors and tough guys, but now alot of them tend to quit and cry and some duck people.I think thats why some Puerto Ricans want Guzman to quit and be made a joke of so they can feel better about their fighters.
                  Here they go with the ridiculous comparisons
                  Dont even try and compare a Ferrari to a Volkswagen. This is boxing not baseball.
                  This sport is run by Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, Blacks and Filipinos. Europe is making its mark big time too. But Dominicans come on now. Save it.
                  Last edited by Dondi33O; 11-29-2009, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dondi33O View Post
                    Here they go with the ridiculous comparisons
                    Dont even try and compare a Ferrari to a Volkswagen. This is boxing not baseball.
                    This sport is dominated by Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, Blacks and Filipinos. Europe is making its mark big time too. But Dominicans come on now. Save it.
                    Where did I say dominicans dominated?

Comment

Originally posted by dannyl15 View Post
                      I feel like Guzman lost a lot of speed and was not at his best, and the cuts and bloody nose didn't help at all. I hope he's not past his prime, he loops his punches badly, doesn't have any power and gets careless when he's on offense, which is why he got caught badly by Funeka. He's been one of my favorite fighters and has a decent chin. He needs Floyd Sr. back in his corner to correct a few things and he should be back better than ever. Hopefully
                      You know, I ignored the signs and wrote it off as him being innactive, but to be honest he didn't look the same in his previous fight against Ameth Diaz. He didn't look as slick and he took some big shots and was rocked a couple times against Diaz. I think last night was a combination of age, all of the poor conditioning finally catching up with him, the broken nose and simply Funeka being a beast and a bad matchup for guzman.

So that's two fights in a row where Guzman has not looked like the extremely slick guzman we once knew. I honestly think he's lost a step or two and he's on the downside unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                      X