Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Williams move to 168, where all the action is?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BULLIT View Post
    well then he can drop down and pulverize Cotto. Doubt Cotto would be interested...
    he wont go dpown to 154 to face martinez what makes you think he wll drop to 147 and face Cotto!!!!

Comment

Ok now that Martinez is down, I say he blows through Pavlik then calls out Bute or wait for Maywather/Pac then go for the super six winner.

Comment

Why would you bump this?

Paul got dropped and was getting buzzed by a light middleweight that isn't known as a puncher, yet you're talking about him facing some of the hardest punchers at 168. An Andrade fight might be great though.

Comment

Paul would get taylored at 168. He needs to stay at 154. He'll have a tough time with guys like cintron and angulo but 154 is were his best chance at winning is at.

Comment

With Paul's style, I think anything above 160 is a mistake for now. He can make good fights with Pavlik and maybe the Mosley/Berto winner. He doesn't need 168 at this point in time.

Comment

Originally posted by elmalo29 View Post
              Paul would get taylored at 168. He needs to stay at 154. He'll have a tough time with guys like cintron and angulo but 154 is were his best chance at winning is at.

You think he would struggle with Angulo? I laugh at that. He already beat a better version of Angulo in Margarito. And Cintron? Please, Cintron cannot handle a guy with skill and pressure. He would crumble.

Comment

No, bad move for Williams IMO. I think his size advantage is a very big part of his success, there won't be much of a size advantage at 168 if at all.

Comment

168 is too big a jump at the moment for Paul, Sergio Martinez proved that last night. If he consistently fights at 154 or 160 and lets his body grow into those weights, 168 could happen one day. Right now top level super middleweights embarrass Paul Williams.

Comment

Stylistically I see him beat Pavlik (straight punching don't get the job done vs. Williams) and maybe even Kessler...but guys like Ward, Bute or Abraham will beat his ass...

Comment

I don't care where he fights so long as he fights the top contenders. Paul Williams is one of those high risk low reward fighters that keep us entertained with his active career.

Comment

Working...
                      X