No announcement yet.

Ali Funeka and Joan Guzman Ends in a Horrible Draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well this sucks.

Funeka fought such a good fight last night. He did everything you could ask for against one of the better fighters in the sport. It's not like Guzman wasn't game either. I was highly iimpressed.

Funeka is a serious talent in the sport. I'm not sure how long he'll boil down to lightweight, but other than his chin, he has all the tools there. He deserves this W. It's a shame.

Comment

• This bears repeating: Blame it on Canadian socialized medicine.

Two things come to mind:
      1. The blame lies with Canada's socialized/universal health care. If it were a better system those 2 Canadian judges could have had their vision corrected before the fight.
      2. IF Cotto v Pacquiao would have went the distance, those 2 Canadian judges would have probably also concluded the contest a draw.

911: What is the emergency?
      Me: I just witnessed an assault and a ROBBERY!
      911: Where sir?
      Me: Canada ...

Comment

• I can't believe they did that to Ali and there needs to be some investigations and something done with the referees. The only good thing that comes from this is that Ali's name is out there and it won't be his last big fight. He will get more big fights and paydays on HBO. Still a shame that this happens. If it's fixed I would just ask why. Joan Guzman has always been overrated and will never give a promoter a huge payday that is truly worth it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Check View Post
          I can't believe they did that to Ali and there needs to be some investigations and something done with the referees. The only good thing that comes from this is that Ali's name is out there and it won't be his last big fight. He will get more big fights and paydays on HBO. Still a shame that this happens. If it's fixed I would just ask why. Joan Guzman has always been overrated and will never give a promoter a huge payday that is truly worth it.
          well said, I agree

Comment

• Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
            I want to say one thing though, Guzman's inactivity, cut over the eye, broken nose. You gotta hand it to Guzman, he has HEART. Screw the ****ing judges, Funeka won. One thing though, Guzman > Funeka in a rematch!
            I definitely thought Guzman should have taken a tune-up b4 he jumped in the ring with Funeka. I liked Guzman when he had FM sr in his corner. He seemed to be a much slicker boxer. But non the less he lost that fight. He won the first 2 rds, and there were 2 rds that you could make an argument for. So it should not have been closer than 8rds to 4 for Funeka. Lets hope Funeka doesn't lose any of his will, and fire to fight after this horrible decision.

Comment

• It look like African are sooo easy to rob, Funeka seem to be at the end of two controversial decisions in his two fight with Nate campbell and now Guzman.

Comment

• Originally posted by illpapi View Post
                You're blowing up your own spot man! Now, give me 2 or 3 words that I mispelled. Nah, go ahead and show me. I'll be waiting. You're words about my mom don't do a damn thing to me 'internet warrior'! At best you're nothing but an idiot!
                You misspelled misspelled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                  this is some ****ed up **** man!!!

**** canada!!! they're are ****ed up, up there as the UK!!!!

**** CANADA!!! **** GUZMAN!!!

this is ****ed up man!
                  lol why is it **** canada? youve never seen a bad decision in the US? i agree it was a bull**** decision but it happens everywhere not only in canada.

Comment

• Originally posted by TEDetc View Post
                    You misspelled misspelled.
                    That's pretty ironic.

Comment

• This was a despicable display of judging by two of the judges. Guzman got his ass handed to him and somehow got a draw. Really disappointing. I hope they have a rematch. Funeka will tax that ass again.

Comment

Working...
                      X