Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's Be Honest People, Floyd "Money" Mayweather Is The Reason Boxing Has Returned

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HandSpeed303 View Post
    Stopped reading right there.

That just isn't true. Boxing did not hit a declined when Floyd left, and if it did, it sure wasn't cause Floyd left.

There were good fights being made left and right.

That last line (just hapen to look up and see it), is total BS! Pac has single handedly brought the sport back to the spotlight.

Floyd did nothing but return (after Manny gave the sport a buzz again)...when he never should have left in the first place.
    Stopped reading right there.

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
      no one fighter is bigger than the sport, if you stop watching because one person is no longer involved, you werent really a fan of the sport itself just the fighter.
      Who stopped watching? There's a general consesus that the past couple of years up until recently boxing went through a great depression and i'm simply pointing out that it's almost a direct result of Mayweathers retirement. When he left he was the face of the sport and now that he's back people are suddently claiming boxing has made some miraculous comeback. Like i said, that's no coincidence. Love him or hate him, we should all give him his props for almost single handedly carrying this sport on his back. You guys shouldnt let your hate blind you from giving credit where it's due.

Comment

PACQUIAO is more exciting to watch than Mayweather.

Quit bull****ting about Floyd's absence being the cause of MMA's popularity.

Comment

Originally posted by dainegerous View Post
          Oh Really Mr. president ? ? ?

So youre Saying about Charisma Huh ? ? ?

You Know What About Charisma? ? ?

Whenever Pacman Is Figthing...

Its A Zero Crime In Philippines...

You Can Even Sleep In Every Primary Road Coz No One Is At The Streets...

Not A Single Person...

The Working Man Stops...

Even Church Are In Midst Whenever Pac has A Fight...

That Was Charisma Is...

Pacman Is A Guy Who Can Unite A Nation...

But Im Not Telling This Coz I Want Pacman To Win In The Coming Election...

Enough Said...

:****you:

No disrespect to the Phillipines but when a boxer is the most important figure in your country thats pretty telling......

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. President View Post
            Who stopped watching? There's a general consesus that the past couple of years up until recently boxing went through a great depression and i'm simply pointing out that it's almost a direct result of Mayweathers retirement. When he left he was the face of the sport and now that he's back people are suddently claiming boxing has made some miraculous comeback. Like i said, that's no coincidence. Love him or hate him, we should all give him his props for almost single handedly carrying this sport on his back. You guys shouldnt let your hate blind you from giving credit where it's due.
            Im a Maywether fan but this post is just embarrassing.

Sure Floyd plays his part, as does Manny i dont see how anyone could deny either of them.

Comment

Nah, but it definitely takes a huge blow until a fighter with enough talent and charisma takes his place. Right now there's noone to fill his shoes which is why the 2 years he was retired is considered one of the darkest times in the history of the sport. It's no coincidence that boxing suddently made it's miraculous comeback right around the time he came back.
              lol! Boxing doesn't need Floyd because of his boring style and avoiding real challenge by cherrypicking his opponents. He should apply in Usain Bolt camp as his assistance.

Comment

I'm absolutely sure these people claiming boxing has made miraculous comeback is you, Burner and other *****s only!

Comment

Most non boxing fans don't even know who Floyd is anymore. But they DO know about Pacquiao.

Comment

Oscar de la hoya vs manny pacquiao revived boxing to the mainstream. *fact*

Comment

Originally posted by Xcusemymood View Post
                      No disrespect to the Phillipines but when a boxer is the most important figure in your country thats pretty telling......
                      you are one dumb mother****er if you think a boxer is the most important figure in a country.....

Comment

Working...
                      X