Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeff M.: Floyd is training with Roger for a fight in England.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MakeDamnSure View Post
    What about his fight with Marquez then.. Was that supposed to be a tune up also? Why the heck does he need a tune up when he can just pick up lefty sparring partners.

Floyd is celebrating his 5 years anniversary at the Welterweight Division and the best he can do is fight Baldomir.

He should put his ass up back to 140 if all he does is let all his opponents move up to 147.
    Sparring and fighting in an actual ring is different.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
      Cotto: just got beat up by Pac and didn't seem the same since Margarito. Why fight him if he will just get ripped for it.

Margarito: F this guy...cheater. Plus, he won't get credit since he has already been KO'd by Shane.

Mosley: if he can get a fight by Feb-March, I don't see why not. And yes, kind of hypocritical because Shane cheated as well but...it's up to you.

Williams: same reason why Shane and Pac won't fight him. Possible after Pac because if he loses to Williams, he can forget a fight with Pac.

Clottey: Maybe. no money though. Floyd's about Money, not legacy.

He'll probably be better off getting a sout-paw like somebody mentioned to prepare him for Pac.

Either way, as long as he fights back next year which may be closer to the Summer, during the Summer, or even after depending on when Pac will be ready...he can do what he wants.

Shane at 147 seems the best option unless he is taking this to England then...not sure...although I could see that fight selling if the British public wants it. Usually though they may prefer their own as an opponent.
      All you're doing is making excuses for Floyd for not fighting any of the fighters you have listed.
      Fact is, Floyd will get more credit fighting any of them than his last cherrypicked opponents.
      Last edited by VERDUGO; 11-25-2009, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Only a tight squeezing nuthugger could somehow defend this move by Afraid Mayweather jr. ................................

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
        Why would you say that? I mean Mayweather came off a 2 year layoff, then another 6 months untill Pacquiao? He can face a south paw between those 6 months. As long as Pacquiao is inline...people shouldn't get mad.
        Mayweather has stated countless of times that fighting in the U.K has been a dream of his. An opponent between 6 months is a good idea.
        See what i mean?

Cotto: just got beat up by Pac and didn't seem the same since Margarito. Why fight him if he will just get ripped for it.

Margarito: F this guy...cheater. Plus, he won't get credit since he has already been KO'd by Shane.

Mosley: if he can get a fight by Feb-March, I don't see why not. And yes, kind of hypocritical because Shane cheated as well but...it's up to you.

Williams: same reason why Shane and Pac won't fight him. Possible after Pac because if he loses to Williams, he can forget a fight with Pac.

Clottey: Maybe. no money though. Floyd's about Money, not legacy.

He'll probably be better off getting a sout-paw like somebody mentioned to prepare him for Pac.

Either way, as long as he fights back next year which may be closer to the Summer, during the Summer, or even after depending on when Pac will be ready...he can do what he wants.

Shane at 147 seems the best option unless he is taking this to England then...not sure...although I could see that fight selling if the British public wants it. Usually though they may prefer their own as an opponent.
        Probably.........

Here is something: People rip Floyd for never fighting outside of the States, yet now that he wants to....not allowed...even though there will be enough time for this bout to take place then on to Pac who won't be back until May-Sept. of next year most likely.

benny,

i cant believe you are becoming a *****holic.

Comment

Originally posted by DonTaseMeBrah View Post
          Only a tight squeezing nuthugger could somehow defend this move by Afraid Mayweather jr. ................................

See what i mean?

benny,

Getsum,

You're a funny guy

Comment

Originally posted by vErDuGo View Post
            All you're doing is making excuses to why Floyd wouldn't fight any of the fighters you listed.
            Fact is, Floyd will get more credit fighting any of them than his last cherrypicked opponents.
            NO, I'm telling the truth with what people will say.

People need to decide if they want to give him credit or rip him.

No matter what, fighting in England, which is outside the USA, will check off one "to do" box on his list of "haven't done that yet" that others have ripped him for.

I can't see him taking a high risk fight that could possibly see him be worn down if he does win or even lose while a Pac fight is still out there afterwards.

Margarito fight is out because he hasn't done anything since losing to Shane.

Clottey could be a possibility...but in England?

Shane is the best bet because that may sell in England...not sure...have to poll the British.

And a lefty would workout to prepare him for Pac.

And of course fighting a Brit in front of the Brit crowd.
            Last edited by Benny Leonard; 11-25-2009, 10:31 PM.

Comment

hes doubting his skills against pac

Comment

Getsum,

You're a funny guy
                to answer your question yes collazo would be acceptable. carlos quintana also. victor ortiz would be another one. But if Afraid Mayweather jr. pulls some saul alvarez or some name lightweight, he will publicly get crucified.

Comment

to answer your question yes collazo would be acceptable. carlos quintana also. victor ortiz would be another one. But if Afraid Mayweather jr. pulls some saul alvarez or some name lightweight, he will publicly get crucified.
                  Collazo ain't a pusover either. So Mayweather better take him serious.

Comment

See what i mean?

benny,

Hahaha...not my point.

He is what he is now.

I've ripped him enough for his career above 140, but people have to make up their minds on how they want to treat him and his legacy.

It seems no matter what he does, he'll get ripped.

Even Williams, if he beats him it will be no big deal because Williams lost already.

He'll need to step up to the 168 division to get credit.

But maybe that's not so and as soon as he steps up...not sure who against...he'll get credit.

People need to pick ONE opponent that is a tough fight and they will give him credit for that is fighting right now at 147.

The other point still stands with people ripping him for not fighting outside the States...so what's wrong with an England fight?
                    And if it is held there, he still needs an opponent that can sell.

In the end...it's all about getting to Pac.

Comment

He is probably just taking another tuneup by fighting Mathew Hatton and does not need a long time to prepare for this fight. There is still plenty of time before the Pac fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X