Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Marquez beating Pac twice then getting destroyed by Floyd affect Pacs Legacy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HaglerSteelChin View Post
    Who won these 2 fights will be debated until the cows come home. Yes the judge made a mistake in scoring the fight 10-6 for RD1, but the judge can also score 10-7 if they feel the guy landed some decent punches and deserved a 10-7. I scored it 10-6 for pac and gave also the 2nd round to pac. But i had Marquez winning 8 of the last 10 rounds. If you go by the 10 point scoring system that still gives him a win by one point 114-113.

The 2nd fight i scored a draw. But watch round 8 or is it 9 of that fight. There was one round where it could have been scored 10-8 for Marquez. Pac had a bad eye cut and Marquez dominated the round. If it was a better fighter he would have gone in for the kill. I know he worried about being countered but had to believe that with the eye cut that pac could have not seen the punches. Nonetheless, it could have been scored 10-8, that would have given Marquez a point win.
    As a seasoned boxing fan, i don't hold Pac's wins/losss/draws against him because JMM is a great fighter. Not good. Great. And any great fighter can lose to another if that guy has a style that is tough for you.

Heck, Sugar Ray Leonard has problems with Floyd Senior, and FMS was not an elite fighter.

My only point of contention is that Marquez got dominated by FMJ. And if Pac gets dominated by FMJ, then Floyd will legitimately have claim to beating the best of his era.

Comment

Originally posted by GG Marquez View Post
      We really need to stop the fiction that Marquez was fat for his last fight. He looked good.

Winky was fat for Bernard, though. And Oscar was fat for Sturm.

1. Marquez looked very poor VS Diaz.
      2. Marquez was eating tacos to get to 144 and even then he only made 142. Fact
      3. How you look does not always mean you will perform.
      4. I have seen those pictures before and it does not bother me. The scales do not lie and Marquez fought at 135 the fight before and looked poor. Fortunately for him, Diaz isn't great.
      5. How many fighters at 135 jump to 147 in 7 months?
      6. I never said Marquez was fat, it is not often you get fat boxers at these weights. However the pounds clearly make a difference. Well I know so being a boxing fan.

Comment

Originally posted by joartcc5 View Post
        Whoa... 4 lineal belts... 7 divisional titles... whoa!

Those who dispute it gets their disputes shoved straight to their mouths while being forcefed their stupidity.

Whoa!

In this case.... 4 lineal belts, jumping 10 divisions, getting 7 divisional titles... sadly in ur case... shuts u up.

Anything else?

Of course if u follow gayweather's standards... which seems to be the case.

Then suit urself.

Im following the standards set by Ali and Robinson.
        1. Please explian what Mayweather standards is that I am following?

2. You are not following the standards that was set by Robinson at all.

3. How many titles do you think fighters like Greb, Moore, Walcott, Fitzsimmons, Walker, Charles, Armstrong, Robinson, Lanford. if they had 4 different titles plus lineal claim and all this jr/super divisions? Please answer that question...

Charles Burley takes a hit cuz he never won a title but he never got given a chance to win one cuz of his race. But, if there were 4 titles plus a lineal title and 17 weight divisions. Then bro he would of won a couple of titles.

When you compare era's you have to acknowledge everything bro. You can't forget 100yrs of history. In this era they have more weightclasses and more belts that it makes it easier to become champion. How can you disagree with that?

If you really think he is top 10-20 please show me your list. I am a huge Pac fan I have defended him. But, when you start throwing out top 10 all time it makes every Pac fan look dumb. Pac is in the top 30 all time for sure maybe top 25 and that is a maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnCIV6 View Post
          Well does it?
          It absolutely does if Pac never fights Floyd and doesn't prove that comparison was meaningless. Pac would still go down as a great fighter, but there would be major doubts if he was better than Floyd. And this is in the future I'm talking about, when all Pac and Floyd fans are long gone and the history is being studied by unbiased boxing experts.

Comment

I just don't think it is the career washout you are making it, J.

Pac has seven weight classes, and Floyd has five. but Floyd has the amateur glory.

They beat the same guys the past few years. DLH, hatton, Marquez, and traded off who beat whom 'better' (although I don't subscribe to that).

Pac has 3 FOTY's and Floyd has 2.

They were both commercially successful and will share the big stage.

Pac has losss during his prime, Floyd is undefeated.

Pac has better names on his resume with MAB and Eric which are better than Corrales, gatti and Judah.

They both have stellar highlight reels.

Last month, the Yahoo p4p ranking has 15 fist place votes for Pac, and 13 first place votes for Floyd.

I would agree than gen consensus is Pac has pulled ahead. But it is still fairly close, as evidenced by the voting. And the fight odds. A dominating win by Floyd would put him clearly ahead.

I respect that you disagree, and i hope that we are still cool when these guys are going to the HoF.
            Pac has 7 divisions titles but also skip 2 divisions. You can't take that for granted.

Pac lossed in his prime true but Pac was didn't have a an amateur career like Floyd did. So he was learning and perfecting his craft as a pro. While Floyd was doing in as an amateur.

Pac has 4 lineal and I give you Floyd has 3.

And, about yahoo voting. Was that before or after the Cotto fight? I am asking cuz IMO it was close before the Cotto but after Cotto and the way he did it. He just took it away. That a head-head match-up wont decide it. No matter what happens I have Pac at the top followed by Floyd then B-Hop at #3. That is my opinion though. I know you disagree and is all good

Comment

Originally posted by PensionKiller View Post
              1. Marquez looked very poor VS Diaz.
              2. Marquez was eating tacos to get to 144 and even then he only made 142. Fact
              I stopped there because that is not fact. marquez got on the scale on fight night. How much did he weigh?

Answer that.

Here is Marquez "looking poor" vs Diaz. Listen to the commentary @ 2:50...

Comment

Nope. Marquez was out of his depth moving up, he should stay at lightweight. Im not interested in watching Marquez fighting above 140, unless he wants to get destroyed again!

Comment

We really need to stop the fiction that Marquez was fat for his last fight. He looked good.

Winky was fat for Bernard, though. And Oscar was fat for Sturm.
                  You must have had Gayweather Jizzz in your eyes for that fight. Spit out the cumm before you post, ***ggottt

Comment

Marquez had 2 losses to Pac. Remember, the judges scored the first fight wrong and it should have been overturned.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                      I have Pac at the top followed by Floyd then B-Hop at #3. That is my opinion though. I know you disagree and is all good
                      I struggle with BHop.

Here's the thing: name me one elite fighter of his own size that Hopkins beat.

Tarver? The best name on your resume is a 39 year old Tarver? Even a near-shot RJJ had beat Tarver.

Comment

Working...
                      X