"Mayweather canceled because we asked him about Pacquiao" - George Lopez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Syf View Post
    didn't happen.

Just PR to raise hype. I'd bet Oscar was always the planned guest on that show,
    they just pulled an imaginary bait and switch on y'all. Nice to see that it worked...

Oscar is pushing this fight hard
    Oscar always the planned guest for Wednesday. But, Floyd was the planned guessed for Thursday.

Comment

wish he would have done the show now lol

Comment

He probably cancel because he got other things to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Abbadon View Post
          I like how y'all always assume you know what's going on as if there is another angle.. you don't know that for a fact so it isn't worth a mention. Lopez has no reason to lie about it either.. everything isn't a PR stunt. get that through your heads.
          You're right everything isn't PR

Its about half and half.

Lopez is a comedian, he will say whatever he wants, ignoring truth if he wishes, to reach his audience.

If Mayweather was slated for that show, and him and his PR people decided to send Oscar instead because negotiations are still in limbo,

then..

They need a reason to tell the crowd. What better way than to buff up Floyd's badboy image by saying he went off and threw the phone at the mere mentioning of Pacquiao.?

Did he show such rage when Sky Sports asked about Pac? Nope, on that one, capitan.

This one is calculated, I would bet top dollar

Comment

He cancelled a show because of a ****in question?
            What kind of ***** **** is that?

Comment

After the Pac-Cotto fight, Floyd sat down and gave an extensive interview with Sky Sports taking about Pacquiao. Right?

So, suddenly he became panic-stricken at Lopez merely mentioning Pac's name? No.

GL: After a victory like this, I understand that Pacquiao has many options. You know what the biggest fight in the world is, you know what the world wants to see. It's not going to get any bigger than this. When are we going to get to see it?

The Bobfather: I would like that to be the next fight, and I would like it to happen in May. Obviously, one thing that you're absolutely correct about, is that whether it's justified or not, the public wants to see Manny Pacquiao against Floyd Mayweather Jr.. It would be a shame for boxing if that fight didn't happen. Right now, boxing has all the momentum, people are talking about boxing, the promotion on Saturday was a huge success, Mayweather also did big numbers with the Marquez fight, so boxing is on a roll. Like a football team, when everything is going like this, on a roll, you don't want to stop the momentum. For either guy to fight someone else, the momentum would stop, in my opinion.

GL: There's no question that Manny Pacquiao's victories over Oscar De La Hoya and Ricky Hatton were hard earned, and he deserved them. If Mayweather hadn't decided to retire when he did, before the second fight with De La Hoya, which was scheduled, Pacquiao wouldn't have fought Oscar, which probably would have prevented him from becoming the PPV attraction he is today. With that being said, are you standing firm on the 50/50 position, or...

The Bobfather: (Inturrupting) I'm not going to discuss any position through the media. When it comes time to negotiate the fight, I have strong opinions about that, but I am not going to jeapordize this fight from happening by being ego driven, and give out demands, and so forth.

GL: With that being said, does this mean that you and Al Haymon will find a way to get it done this time?

The Bobfather: I don't care if I have to negotiate with Ahmadinejad [the leader of Iran], this fight should happen, and people should be sensible and come together to make the fight happen. I don't care who I have to negotiate this with, Mayweather has to designate somebody to negotiate with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Pounding View Post
                Exactly.

When I asked him about Pacquiao, he started flipping out and cursing me out

Comment

Originally posted by Pounding View Post
                  Your Floyd Gayweather is afraid of Pacquiao!

Comment

Originally posted by GG Marquez View Post
                    Mayweather has been instructed by his advisors not to discuss the Pacquiao bout so that it doesn't affect negotiations.
                    end of thread. he is very calculated and careful about what he does in public.. doesnt mean he doesnt think he will win.

it is fun to clown on ppl tho

Comment

I think George Lopez is full of ****.He`s just trying to make Floyd look bad.

Comment

Working...
                      X