Bernard Hopkins the legendary midget basher

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SilverSamurai View Post
    Bouie Fischer:
    " I tell you, Ike. They have been getting away with that for a long time. I sent my people to Trinidad's locker room to make sure everything was right. When they got there they came back to me and toldme that Trinidad's left hand was wrapped before they got there. So, I had to go over to his dressing room myself, this is my business and I have been doing it for over 50 years. When I got there I told them to unwrap the hand and do it over because we need to see the hand being wrapped. They refused to unwrap the hands so I told them I guess the fight will not happen then, we can reschedule to another date. The officials came in and said we don't have time to do this over. I told them, well we must do this right or no fight. They know the rules, no tape on the skin or tape on the ankle. His left hand was heavy just like your camera."

http://forums.doghouseboxing.com/ind...owtopic=148729
    ****m said 2 months ago that what trinidad did was legal in most places, just not in NY, but even the commissioner encouraged hopkins to wraps the same way

that interview was posted here by NATAS if i'm not mistaken

don't you have any recent link coming from the one that started the scandal? if not, then you should think twice about accusing someone of "cheating for his whole career"

EDIT: here ya go http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=321500

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Horton View Post
      what did hopkins weigh for de la Hoya? Don't waste your time because the answer is 157lbs. This thread is nonsense. The man spent most of his life fighting in obscurity and was picked to lose against two of the bigger names on his resume (even though they were smaller men) and people are whining because he wants to make a little money at the end of his career?
      The better question is what did Hopkins weigh in come fight night? around 170 lbs.
      Hopkins pro debut lhw, 20 fights at smw before moving down to mw.
      The thread is garbage, yet you havent disproved any of my initial post.

Comment

Bouie Fischer:
        "David Reid’s people were trying to schedule a fight with Bernard and it could have happened if Reid would have won his last fight."

Another smaller opponent
        Except that I remember when this was being speculated about this and Bernard was willing to come down to 154. Why are you bringing this up?

Comment

The better question is what did Hopkins weigh in come fight night? around 170 lbs.
          Hopkins pro debut lhw, 20 fights at smw before moving down to mw.
          The thread is garbage, yet you havent disproved any of my initial post.
          Your initial post is all over the place. Your talking about Tito struggling with a past his prime Mayorga and then Joppy being ruined. Your looking for holes in Hopkins game and sadly for you, you can't find many legit holes.

If I remember correctly he came in against Oscar at 164. Made 157 easily.

Comment

Originally posted by fdotorres View Post
            ****m said 2 months ago that what trinidad did was legal in most places, just not in NY, but even the commissioner encouraged hopkins to wraps the same way

that interview was posted here by NATAS if i'm not mistaken

don't you have any recent link coming from the one that started the scandal? if not, then you should think twice about accusing someone of "cheating for his whole career"
            What elite opponent did Tito beat after the Hopkins fight? no one.
            What Elite opponent did Tito ko after the Hopkins fight? no one

his blowing out mw Joppy with single punches but going life and death with Mayorga, who was fighting abouve his prime weight class.

I noticed you did comment on what Bouie said about Tito hand being heavy like a camera and that he had half a roll of extra tape on his hand. Didnt don felix say this is how we always wraps his hands?

Comment

[QUOTE=Benny Leonard;6758957]What does Pavlik weigh by fight-time?

How old was Pavlik....How old was Hopkins?

Tito won a title at 160.

Agreed. This claim that trinidad was still a welterweight when he fought Hopkins is just ******. Trinidad destroyed a talented champion in Williams Joppy at 160 and was favored. Now it's convenient to bring up size I guess even though Trinidad was a middlweight. Keith Holmes and William Joppy were both middlweight champions, the same as Hopkins, and hopkins ruined both of them. Antonio Tarver was a lightheavyweight. This thread is just so inaccurate and untrue on so many levels.
              Last edited by Calilloyd; 11-23-2009, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Never mind that he tore up the current middleweight champ, albeit, at a catch weight. That's another thing, if anybody knows anything about the history of the game there are all kinds of examples where the best fighters in divisions close to their own, coming in at catch weights. Why all the whining about catch weights. ring size, catch weights, glove size and type are all up for negotiation so if one fighter doesn't like the terms he can find another fight. Nobody made Cotto come in at 145 - it was Cotto's choice. Otherwise there'd have been no fight.

Comment

[QUOTE=SilverSamurai;6760487]What elite opponent did Tito beat after the Hopkins fight? no one.

his blowing out mw Joppy with single punches but going life and death with Mayorga, who was fighting abouve his prime weight class.

Life and death with Mayorga? What fight were you watching? That fight was as one sided in favor of Trinidad as it could get.

Comment

What elite opponent did Tito beat after the Hopkins fight? no one.

I noticed you did comment on what Bouie said about Tito hand being heavy like a camera and that he had half a roll of extra tape on his hand. Didnt don felix say this is how we always wraps his hands?
                    how long was trinidad retired before the mayorga fight? there was nearly a blery decade gone by between Joppy and Mayorga. Tito was not the same fighter and you know this...MAN!

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Horton View Post
                      Your initial post is all over the place. Your talking about Tito struggling with a past his prime Mayorga and then Joppy being ruined. Your looking for holes in Hopkins game and sadly for you, you can't find many legit holes.

If I remember correctly he came in against Oscar at 164. Made 157 easily.
                      Before the Hopkins fight he blew out Joppy in five rounds, Naz himself would comment that his never seen that kind of punching power. after getting caught with illegal wraps he went life and death with Mayorga.

Please go and read about the incident with Tito before the Hopkins fight.
                      You still havent dispoved anything if said either.

Comment

Working...
                      X