No announcement yet.

Bernard Hopkins the legendary midget basher

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SilverSamurai View Post
    I agree with you, but some fights are just too good to be true. Until I read that the contract has been signed for Myweather vs Pac, then I wont believe it.
    Who to you think Cottos new trainer should be?
    I think Cotto's new trainer should either be Steward or (believe it or not) Floyd SR. lol. Steward is a great trainer and seems to like Cotto's style, i think he could bring the best out of him. Floyd Sr. understands how to use a fighter's defensive skills in order to make his offense effective. Cotto being more skilled and a better counter puncher than Hatton, i believe it could be an interesting combo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cotto-Rulez View Post
      I think Cotto's new trainer should either be Steward or (believe it or not) Floyd SR. lol. Steward is a great trainer and seems to like Cotto's style, i think he could bring the best out of him. Floyd Sr. understands how to use a fighter's defensive skills in order to make his offense effective. Cotto being more skilled and a better counter puncher than Hatton, i believe it could be an interesting combo.
      Ive never really been impressed with the defensive skills of any Manny Steward trained fighter, not sure what to make of Floyd Mayweather sr either. His best trainee is Floyd, but Floyds been trained by Roger for most of his career. Kevin Rooney?
      Last edited by Adamantium; 11-24-2009, 08:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Precision View Post
        Anyone can make a fighter's career look ****.

The real boxing fan's are the ones who think positively about every fighter.
        you have to admit...hopkins is the only modern fighter we know of who started out in one division and scaled down two....

Comment

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post
          you have to admit...hopkins is the only modern fighter we know of who started out in one division and scaled down two....
          Hopkins first fight was at light heavyweight.

He then moved down to 160 and fought there till 2006. Hopkins was a legit middleweight.

Paul Williams started at 160, and moved down two weight classes also, He doesn't get discredited for beating the likes of Margarito, Quintana who he was clearly naturally bigger than.

The thing with Williams is, He is legit at 147/154 and 160, he is a freak.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Precision;6769185]Hopkins first fight was at light heavyweight.

He then moved down to 160 and fought there till 2006. Hopkins was a legit middleweight.

[QUOTE]

dude...you can't just gloss over the fact that he scaled down two divisions over a year and a half period of time...

Comment

• [QUOTE=djtmal;6769230][QUOTE=Precision;6769185]Hopkins first fight was at light heavyweight.

dude...you can't just gloss over the fact that he scaled down two divisions over a year and a half period of time...
              Why does him moving down in weight in a year and a half have anything to do with ?

He moved down to 160 comfortably and didn't stop fighting there till he was 41 in 2006. Hopkins is a career middleweight, a legit middleweight.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Precision;6769242][QUOTE=djtmal;6769230]
                Originally posted by Precision View Post
                Hopkins first fight was at light heavyweight.

Why does him moving down in weight in a year and a half have anything to do with ?

He moved down to 160 comfortably and didn't stop fighting there till he was 41 in 2006. Hopkins is a career middleweight, a legit middleweight.

dude just admit that he's a legit lightheavy who made a career out of beating middles and fighters who were moving up to middle...had he won that first fight at 175 and got a title shot there, he never moves down....

Comment

Tito wraps at best are a side issue and nothing to do with my initial post.
                  calling him a cheater and using that claim to try explaining why his pound resume is so weak after he got caught "cheating" is ******ed

your "side issue" takes away all the credit of one of the best WW fighters of our generation. if you plan to do that, you better bring a better source than the one you're bringing. ****m richardson, hopkins's trainer, than who discovered the wrappings, said that it wasn't illegal. who are you to question him?
                  Last edited by fdotorres; 11-24-2009, 01:52 PM.

Comment

From: http://www. east side boxing. com/news.php?p=211&more=1
                    (remove spaces)

Here Hopkins is basically saying, why should I have to fight the bigger guys when I can fight the smaller guys instead. Notice how he uses the number 190 lbs when talking about lhw, the amount that lhw's will rehydrate up to come fight night.

Notice here how Hopkins says the jmw only have to move up 6 lbs, when according to his earlier logic, they would have to move up to 170 lbs, which is the weight Hopkins will be come fight night.
                    Everytime Hopkins was offered a fight with a bigger guy he always priced himseld out, whether it was with Jones, Toney or Calzage

When Hopkins was forced to move up after back to back losses to jermain taylor he chose Tarver, a fighter who had to move down 45 lbs to make weight. After beating Tarver Hopkins has refused to fight another lhw instead
                    he has fought the following opponents:

Winky:who had to move up two divisions, Calzaghe: who had to move up one division, Pavlik: who had to move up two divisions and now Ornelis who hass to move up one division.

The fights Hopkins tried to make Pwill(smaller), Froch (smaller) and Tito rematch (smaller).

When fights are offered, with guys more his own size like Dawson and Ademek he prices himself out.

Hopkins critising Floyd for fighting a smaller opponent, notice he says that Marquez was at a disadvantage because Floyd was bigger than him

God bless Bernard Hopkins the Midget Basher.
                    Discrediting Hopkins, when he has wayy better wins than Joe Calzaghe could ever dream.

You make it sound like he's naturally 220lbs when in his prime he often came in UNDER the MW limit.

Comment

• And people discrediting Hopkins win over Oscar.

Oscar was a light-middleweight/middleweight at that point, and hopkins practically came in at the LMW limit weighing 156. And the fact is many people discredit Manny's win over Oscar, because they say he was a weight drained middleweight when fighting at Welterweight, but when Hopkins fights him at middleweight (practically fought at LMW) he's blown UP.

How is Manny's win over Oscar overrated? when he was supposedly drained at 147, but when Hopkins fights him at Middleweight (LMW) he's blown up. THEN WHAT WEIGHT IS OSCAR'S BEST!?
                      Last edited by BEEHOP; 11-24-2009, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X