Holyfield vs Botha on 1/16: Francois Expects a War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
    i was thinking the same, this fight is about 18 years too late
    evander holyfield should win this fight with botha and then fight the winner of chris arreola and brian minto

Comment

This fight is 10 years too late but this about money! If anyone thinks anything else your foolish.I gaurentee haye & the klitschkos & any other top contender will be watching this fight with a close eye.botha is 41 & Holyfield is almost 47 so they are well past there best which means they are beatable.80000 people in a soccer stadium in Uganda is huge.Botha is a massive draw in Africa & Holyfield is still a massive draw worldwide.$$$$$ is to be made fighting the winner.I got vitali possibly fighting the winner in late 2010.if Botha wins it's in the summer...don't forget the worldcup of soccer is there & there will be millions of tourists there so it's a great atmosphere for a fight & Holyfield is a huge payday too & vitali will get easily his biggest & easiest payday vs Holyfield.it makes financial sense to fight the winner.either guy is a huge payday.the Botha possibility in south Africa during the world cup makes sense to me if there is a arena available but I bet Botha vs vitali in capetown or Johannesburg draws 80000-100000.nice payday for vitali to close out his career with...either Holyfield or Botha makes financial sense for vitali & he should barely get a scratch from the fight...fight haye after to close out 2010

Comment

this fight is bigger than any of you think.boxing is about money nowadays & fighting either of these guys is huge.Holyfield can draw anywhere in the world but Botha is restricted to the continent of Africa though.many big heavyweight fights have taken place there...Ali vs foreman,lewis' vs Rahman,etc.Botha vs a klitschko in south Africa during the world cup would be cool! I'd consider going.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
          This was a decent fight 10 years ago. Holyfield has a decent chance of winning this, Botha hasn't looked good recently either.
          wtf are you doing watching botha fights?

Comment

I actually have no idea.

Comment

have many of Botha's fights.his 4 losses are to Tyson,wlad ,moorer & lewis'.hardly anything to be ashamed of.he made a good account of himself in all but the lewis' fight.he got more out of limited skill then anyone since bonecrusher smith.francois has been in many good fights.wlad,Tyson,moorer,Briggs,Schulz,even had a good strap with entienne.he recently beat timo Hoffman but drew his last fight with some bum.he broke his hand.Botha is a fearless,no nonsense,straight in your face fighter.he's always coming after you.he's got a limited arsenal(straight right or looping right)but is fun to watch

Comment

Presented by Geritol

Awesome! Boxing needs a senior league! They should get Oleg Maskaev, Oliver McCall, Andrew Golota, and James Toney on the undercard somehow & make a formerly super six tourney!

Comment

I think Calzaghe wants the winner. :spin:

Comment

welcome to 1994 =S

Comment

1-80,0000 people in attendance..are people so desperate for entertainment there that 80,000 would watch that in person ,2-they are going to put that in ppv.. 3-instead of the "tecate girls" like they had at the cotto/PAC weigh in are they going to have the centrum silver ladies to pass vouchers for free depends along with the centrum.. Is that how weak the HW division is that Holyfield is still a title contender.

Comment

Working...
                      X