No announcement yet.

Lets Compare Pacquiao and Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
    Agree with everything but I don't think Shane should have declined Mayweather's offer in 99. He faught Rivera and Willie Wise, he could have used that time to face Floyd.
    You say that, but he was also on the brink of a potential oscar or trinidad showdown at 147. i dont think he needed to ruin that for a fight with mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
      at 140. no. nobody wanted to face floyd. its at welterweight is where all these issues started, and they started after he faced judah when that fight was already signed.

Again, go back to what i said about 140. Which champion other than vivian harris, whom was humiliated the same night mayweather fought gatti, was willing to lay their belt on the line against mayweather? It wasnt hatton. it wasnt cotto. who?

Infact like i said, which title fights took place when floyd was at that weight? tszyu/hatton floyd/gatti and hatton/maussa.

Miguel Cotto didint face a single unification fight, then kept him away from that to help develop him. thats understandable, but by that logic, you are basically saying "well cotto ducked everyone at 140 other than floyd leftovers". Thats unfair isnt it?

Mayweather ducking margarito always gets a pass from me and ill tell you why. Mayweather would have potshotted to an easy UD12 and would have gotten absolutely no credit for it at all. I was in no way intruiged by that matchup because i already knew margarito wasnt that good. He would have followed mayweather around while he did what he did to baldomir.
      I knew it was ending in this!!! Would? jajajajajaja

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
        I knew it was ending in this!!! Would? jajajajajaja
        I see were going to play games. forget it.

Comment

while i dont even feel like getting into it. there were alot of unfortunate factors for mayweather that happened when he got to 140. all of the sudden, nobody really wanted to fight him. he had to force mandatories and take less than glamerous fights since at the time, Tszyu was injured and on another network. hatton "wasnt ready" and cotto "wasnt ready".

Vivian Harris made a fool of himself calling out Mayweather (particularly a ***g0t) and then getting knocked out by Carlos Maussa on the gatti/mayweather undercard. When Hatton held the title instead of going for mayweather, he went for maussa, this forced mayweather to move up to a superfight (at the time) with judah. there was simply nobody to fight at 140.

Even to get in with gatti, he had to force a mandatory in Henry Brusselles.

Cotto was up and coming and Arum..particularly evangelista didint exactly want to throw their guy in with mayweather, which would have been a terrible idea.

Regardless, 140 mayweather left it since nobody wanted to face him. At 147 things got very very unfortunate. When judah lost and the fight was already signed, they reworked the contract and went through with it, since people still wanted to see it. He then fought baldomir because the public actually demanded that fight. Margarito drama aside, which mostly took place on the internet, the baldomir fight was seen as a risk to mayweather potential big money fight against oscar.

You want facts? Explain to me how at 140, with hatton, cotto, hatton and tszyu as champions, the only fight that happened was a tszyu wrestling match in manchester?

The fact is, mayweather promotional situation didint exactly help in some ways. Mayweather hasnt fought a "top rank" fighter since he left the stable.

Of course the fact that shane ducked a 99 fight (which was understandable), then ducked an 06 fight, (which was B.S) is not a fact to you im assuming. And that hatton "wasnt ready" until 2007, when they could have got it on in 04/05/06?

That fact is, Pac was seen as a more winnable fight, there was a willingness for fighters to potentially make big money off a little guy whom many of us thought was having a good run, but would eventually get cracked by a larger fighter, but pacs skills made it so that did not happen.

With mayweather, you basically saw beating after beating against a guy who didint exactly have a huge following, and was impossible to hit. Nobody wanted to get in with him until really after the oscar fight. The margarito thing was used because Arum needed to make mayweather not only look bad, but also used it to gas up margarito, who was a ****in nobody at the time.
          ****in owned, pac is nothing but hype

end thread.

Comment

I see were going to play games. forget it.
            Its not games, buddy, its the truth.

Theres no thread involving Mayweather, that when trying to defend him, his fans ending using those words, should, would or could!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sycomantz View Post
              ****in owned, pac is nothing but hype

end thread.

No. Wait. Answer my post before running away.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...0&postcount=44

Also, claiming a potential future opponent of your favorite fighter is overhyped or overrated does nothing except take the glory away from your fighters' win, if he wins. If he loses, he lost to a fighter you claimed is overrated, meaning your favorite fighter was even more overrated than you ever realized.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live *** cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Originally posted by S a m u r a i View Post
                No. Wait. Answer my post before running away.

Also, claiming a potential future opponent of your favorite fighter is overhyped overrated does nothing except take the glory away from your fighters' win, if he wins. If he loses, he lost to a fighter you claimed is overrated, meaning your favorite fighter was even more overrated than you ever realized.
                Boom ****ing

Comment

You say that, but he was also on the brink of a potential oscar or trinidad showdown at 147. i dont think he needed to ruin that for a fight with mayweather.
                  Shane didn't want to gamble his chances against Oscar. Would that be considered "Ducking"?

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
                    Boom ****ing
                    Well, it's true right, Ch@mp?

Floyd loses to Pacquiao, he is nothing but a piece of overhyped ****? And if he beats him, he deserves no credit.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live *** cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Originally posted by S a m u r a i View Post
                      Well, it's true right, Ch@mp?

Floyd loses to Pacquiao, he is nothing but a piece of overhyped ****?
                      lol you right!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X