Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roach: Sign the contract, Floyd!

Roach: Sign the contract, Floyd!

by Joseph Pimentel, ABS-CBN North America News Bureau | 11/20/2009 1:50 PM

It has only been four days since the biggest fight of the year, “Firepower,” took place between seven-time world champion Manny Pacquiao and Puerto Rican Miguel Cotto.

But Floyd Mayweather, Jr., the fighter everyone is clamoring for to be Pacquiao’s next opponent, has already thrown the first blow on Team Pacquiao.

In an interview with Sky Sports, the former pound-for-pound king called out the current pound-for-pound king Pacquiao.

“The thing is with Pacquiao I don't see any versatility as a fighter; he's a good puncher but just one-dimensional... If he wants to fight Floyd Mayweather, all he has to do is step up to the plate,” he said.

Pacquiao’s American trainer, Freddie Roach, seemed perturbed about Mayweather’s latest statement about his protégé.

“Sign the contract, Floyd. Don’t be a %$#@^,” declared Roach.

He even revealed that he already knows how to teach Pacquiao (50-3-2, 38 knockouts) in order to beat the undefeated Mayweather (40-0, 25 KOs).

Tough negotiations

Despite the fact that fight fans want to see a Pacquiao-Mayweather bout, Pacquiao’s promoter, Bob Arum, and Roach said they expect a tough negotiations with Mayweather.

Mayweather believes he is the attraction and deserves more money, but Roach pointed out the fact that Pacquiao has all the leverage in the match.

Roach also said his ward’s boxing style brings in the viewers. The pay-per-view numbers are not yet in for “Firepower” but Roach is expecting over 1.5 million buys.

And if Mayweather does not come to the table, Roach said Pacquiao has other options.

“The winner of [Shane] Mosley and [Andre] Berto would be a good fight. [Juan Manuel] Marquez is out there. He wants a rematch. We have options if Floyd doesn't want to come to the table and negotiate we'll go somewhere else,” he stated.

He also responded to Mayweather’s statement about him after the fight: “Well Floyd said afterwards that if I didn't have Pacquiao, I'd be a %$#@^ trainer. Floyd, go %$#@^ yourself, that's all I have to say to him, and his dysfunctional family.”

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/11...contract-floyd

didn't he say 145 catchweight, 60/40, and not in march because he needs to "gameplan".

lol the jokester at it again.

Comment

I hope Roach keeps on trash talking Mayweather, makes me feel like the fight will actually happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Story View Post
        I hope Roach keeps on trash talking Mayweather, makes me feel like the fight will actually happen.
        Yeah...I think the key here to for roach to keep talking trash....Mayweather's ego will make this fight happen....

Comment

Originally posted by MakeDamnSure View Post
          [B]

He also responded to Mayweather’s statement about him after the fight: “Well Floyd said afterwards that if I didn't have Pacquiao, I'd be a %$#@^ trainer. Floyd, go %$#@^ yourself, that's all I have to say to him, and his dysfunctional family.”

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/11...contract-floyd
          LOL. Floyd hurt Roach's feelings already.

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie Madoff View Post
            LOL. Floyd hurt Roach's feelings already.
            any chance floyd will try to slug it out ala duran-leonard 1?

come on , floyd , shut roach up. go for the ko , floyd!

Comment

Weight 147 money 50/50 and Floyd will fight Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeDamnSure View Post
                “Well Floyd said afterwards that if I didn't have Pacquiao, I'd be a %$#@^ trainer. Floyd, go %$#@^ yourself, that's all I have to say to him, and his dysfunctional family.”
                LMFAO...wow that was brutal..+1 Roach you're ma guy

Comment

Roach rules.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Do you still listen to what ABS-CBN has to say? That station is full of ****. It's all crap.

Comment

Working...
                    X