Collapse
No announcement yet.

USA Today: "Pac-Cotto sold $2 million more than Floyd-JMM at the gate"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just means to me we got too many pinoys in this country, immigration needs to check it out

Comment

On a serious note..we should only look at Pac's PPV numbers from the Cotto fight and forward. Pac, after beating Hatton in impressive fashion, became a fighter who can draw numbers, which was not the case before. Same with Floyd. Floyd's numbers pre-oscar were terrible, and when he beat Oscar he became the Face of boxing. Now that Pac has beating two legitimate world champions infront of a huge audiance, he has become one of the faces of boxing.

So in a nutshell is Pac vs Cotto #'s vs Floyd's numbers vs DLH, Hatton and Marquez.

Comment

Pacquiao was facing Cotto and Mayweather was facing Marquez. Off course Cotto-Pacquiao wil sell more tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by O.S.I.R.I.S View Post
          On a serious note..we should only look at Pac's PPV numbers from the Cotto fight and forward. Pac, after beating Hatton in impressive fashion, became a fighter who can draw numbers, which was not the case before. Same with Floyd. Floyd's numbers pre-oscar were terrible, and when he beat Oscar he became the Face of boxing. Now that Pac has beating two legitimate world champions infront of a huge audiance, he has become one of the faces of boxing.

So in a nutshell is Pac vs Cotto #'s vs Floyd vs Oscar & Floyd vs Hatton #'s

Floyd pre oscar was actually on par with everyone else. He never did less than 325k against anyone on ppv. He wasnt any worse than barrera/morales/hopkins etc. the only person above that standard is oscar.

Comment

Originally posted by Shattered Jaw View Post
            Nonsense, Mayweather is an incredible draw. That's why he needs to fight the best Mexican fighter on that Mexican celebration weekend to nearly sell out the arena.
            all those mexican fans and mexican ppv buys were for floyd.

who is marquez?

Comment

Originally posted by ToneyLightsOut View Post
              Just means to me we got too many pinoys in this country, immigration needs to check it out
              median household income for filipino americans is about $20,000.00 more than the average american household.

cracking down on filipinos is not a big priority for the ins.

Comment

Originally posted by larry x View Post
                doesnt mean he's a bigger draw..he was just fighting a credibale opponent...
                lol so now JMM isn't a credible opponent? But when Floyd chose JMM you said..

champ..jmm called out floyd trying to 1 up pacman and bite off more than he can chew..plus beating up the #2p4p fighter inthe world after a 2 year layoff is impressive
                This is why you Floyd fans don't get respected. Then you cry about how you're treated here.

Comment

I just love it beating the *****s here with their own game. LOL

Since you *****s were being beaten one-sidedly ever since, your last ace now is the roids game.

I wouldn't be surprised when this roids hurling clears out, it will be floyd who will be found positive!

What sweet justice again it would be...LMAO!

Comment

Pacquaio Cotto did better than MAyweather MAwrquez because Marquez isn't a good draw.

Pacquaio Hatton and Pacquaio De la Hoya didnt' do better then Mayweather Hatton and Mayweather De La Hoya.

Comment

doesnt mean he's a bigger draw..he was just fighting a credibale opponent...
                      Larry Mayweather chose Marquez he could have chose to fight Shane who I think would have been a bigger draw than the Marquez but what do I know I am a Mosely fan 100%.....But I think it would have been a better fight that the Marquez fight.....It might have made him more money he would not have had to pay 600K for the 2 lbs and if he won he would have been lineal WW Champion....Lefty

Comment

Working...
                      X