No announcement yet.

This is just sooo WRONG!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is just sooo WRONG!!!

I know boxing is a hurt business, and usually business competitions are cutthroat, but why the hell does HBO have to schedule the Pacman vs. Cotto replay at 7 pm Pacific, which is the same time Showtime will air the Ward vs. Kessler fight? It doesn't make sense to me if they're both trying to resuscitate boxing in their own little way. They should compliment each other rather than running the other guy out of business.

Recently, boxing's making a comeback as a mainstream sport as we've seen news, discussions, debates and what have you about the sport and its unique personalities on ESPN's Sportscenter, PTI, Jim Rome, Sports Nation, Around the Horn and such, which is very good. Don't they know that the more fights casual fans will see, the better business for them in the long haul?

I know both of these giant companies wants to monopolize the market by trying to outdo each other, but we all know that if one folds and decide to scrap boxing on their menu, the survivor won't care if they give their subscribers stinkers knowing there's no other choice but them.

All I can say is, thank goodness for DVR...

Originally posted by gopi11 View Post
    I know boxing is a hurt business, and usually business competitions are cutthroat, but why the hell does HBO have to schedule the Pacman vs. Cotto replay at 7 pm Pacific, which is the same time Showtime will air the Ward vs. Kessler fight? It doesn't make sense to me if they're both trying to resuscitate boxing in their own little way. They should compliment each other rather than running the other guy out of business.

Recently, boxing's making a comeback as a mainstream sport as we've seen news, discussions, debates and what have you about the sport and its unique personalities on ESPN's Sportscenter, PTI, Jim Rome, Sports Nation, Around the Horn and such, which is very good. Don't they know that the more fights casual fans will see, the better business for them in the long haul?

I know both of these giant companies wants to monopolize the market by trying to outdo each other, but we all know that if one folds and decide to scrap boxing on their menu, the survivor won't care if they give their subscribers stinkers knowing there's no other choice but them.

All I can say is, thank goodness for DVR...
    Yeah its bull**** and I hate the way HBO broadcasters pretend the Super Six Tournament doesn't exist.

Comment

I'll take this chance to chime in on my take about "Firepower" since nobody has responded to my thread yet.

I'll give "Firepower" an A- and Bob Arum's Top Rank can thank their lucky stars for that grade because they have Manny Pacquiao and Miguel Cotto on their stable, who never fail to entertain.

The sleeper of the event which we all thought would be entertaining was the Alfonso Gomez-Jesus Sotto-Karass fight, and it was a big letdown. Not taking anything away from both fighters because they came to fight, but **** happens, more so in boxing. What I personally thought would be the stinker of the night, the Foreman-Santos fight turned out to be very, very decent scrap to my surprise, and I wish Bob Arum bring back JCC Jr. and his bums back "to Latin Fury", where they belong.

The hoopla for the main event was the best I've seen! The lights, the music, the classic wars they showed on the huge LCD screens in the middle was awesome! That amazing display of lights, sounds and clips of both boxers woke up those who fell asleep from the previous fight. that's the best lead-up I've seen for a main event intro! The 3 national Anthem and the singers were classy too!

Golden Boy and the others should follow Top Rank's lead and adopt this for fights of great magnitude!

Comment

i hope ward take it. go! sog.

Comment

Already got Pac-Cotto, thankfully.

Comment

The Super Six tournament is possibly one of the best things to happen to boxing in a long time. Pac-Cotto was pretty good and sets up a mega fight with Mayweather but this tournament is putting 6 of the best in the division and making them fight each other till we have an undisputed champ of the division.

Comment

"but why the hell does HBO have to schedule the Pacman vs. Cotto replay at 7 pm Pacific, which is the same time Showtime will air the Ward vs. Kessler fight? It doesn't make sense"

Why Lowes always build business besides Home Depot?

Why Wal-Mart insist and build besides a Discount & Variety Retail industry, Consumer Electronics & Appliances Retail, Drug Stores & Pharmacies, and Gasoline Retailers sectors.

Study how to crush the competitors - Study economics, so you will not wonder.

Comment

Cuz its a business and your competitor will always try to out do you... even if you have a great thing lined up, if they feel they have something better and more appealing why not show it the same day... personally ill be flippin between the two, but i bet pac v cotto gets more views!

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
                  Already got Pac-Cotto, thankfully.

I also have it on my DVR, my notebook and my desktop, but I'm not speaking about myself, but rather for the folks who's not yet hooked on boxing. That's the only way boxing will be relevant again, the more people demand for it, the more good fights we will see mang...

Comment

HBO is stupid.

There's more than enough money to go around if boxing is on the upside.

No need to wack showtime on this one.

Comment

Working...
                    X