Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those who thought Valuev won, please reply here.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was in Haye's best possible interest to get out of those Klitschko fights.

By being nobody in the division Haye was being forced to do what the Klits wanted... little money, a 3 fight contract with rights to his future fights.

By having a title in the division he now brings his own bargaining power to the table with the Klitshkos, and they can't offer him anymore ridiculous deals.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
      It was in Haye's best possible interest to get out of those Klitschko fights.

By being nobody in the division Haye was being forced to do what the Klits wanted... little money, a 3 fight contract with rights to his future fights.

By having a title in the division he now brings his own bargaining power to the table with the Klitshkos, and they can't offer him anymore ridiculous deals.

That 3 fight contract the Klitschko brothers had over Haye was an insult. No wonder he backed out in the end, and will renegotiate on his terms now.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
        haye won the fight but his inactivity in most rounds made it closer then you guys are making it seem. i was not impressed and to be honest with you chagaev put on a better showing vs valuev if this is the guy you have your hopes on to beat the klits you will be dissapointed

probably the best and only decent post on this thread...

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
          Back to the topic, i scored it a draw as did many people in the pub and the sky commentators.
          Right, first off you were watching it in a pub, which goes a along way to explaining your score - you must have been drunk. Secondly, the fact that you quote Jim Watt's scorecard to back you up suggests you were persuaded by him as much as anything. This is the same Jim Watt who heavily criticised the Barrera corner during his fight against Khan for not stopping one of the worst cuts in the history of boxing. Unless you scored rounds for punches missed and height, it's impossible to score the fight for Valuev.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNDaBox View Post
            I don't understand why people continue to run with this claim. Haye is more charismatic/outspoken than most, but that's about it.

The guy who won not only stunk out the joint, but did so on the heels of pulling out of high profile fights with both Klitschko brothers. I don't see how that's good for the heavyweight division, esp. since there's almost no chance of his fighting either brother any sooner than around this time next year.
            Well maybe he did stink out the joint as you put it but he fought the fight smart, everyone who keeps dissmissing haye as boring should go and youtube his previous fights nearly all of which has finished in spectacular fashion. Excuse my igonrance but i have only been a casual watcher for 25yrs and have only been reading up and following boxing regiously for the last year, can anyone tell me why the Klits didn't fight Valuev?

Comment

Originally posted by Savino View Post
              The whole Haye pulling out of a fight with Wlad was down to Setanta going out of Business So his fight wouldn't of been picked up in the UK.

The whole Vitali deal was meant to be a very bad deal. He decided to fight Valeuv and win a world title that route and make ALOT more money fighting Valuev than he would Haye.
              not 100% correct, whilst the Setanta deal may have had something to do with it, but clause demands from the Klits meant it was a non-starter.

Comment

You have to take into account his broken hand

Comment

I scored it 7-5 for Valuev. I will freely admit I don't like Haye and may have been biased against him when I watched the stream even though I try to be fair. Now the stream I had was ****ty and froze a lot, so I may have missed something. I only saw Haye having a couple good rounds, the rest were mainly all swing rounds because both of them were doing **** all in there.

Comment

Pah. Valuev didn't win any more than 3 rounds, and anyone who thinks otherwise is most likely a biased cunt with an agenda. :smile1:

(Or a victim of a ****ty stream.)

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
                      Pah. Valuev didn't win any more than 3 rounds, and anyone who thinks otherwise is most likely a biased cunt with an agenda. :smile1:

(Or a victim of a ****ty stream.)
                      I'm a biased ****, but I don't have an agenda

I'm biased because Haye did not deserve a shot in the first place. He got options to fight for three different belts for what? Beating a washed up Barrett?

Guys like Eddie Chambers and Povetkin waited and waited for a shot and were never thrown a bone. They are gonna fight the Klits though. They have the courage.

Comment

Working...
                      X