Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Liston Take A Dive? Did He Cheat? Did Ali Win Cause He Is The Greatest?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Liston Take A Dive? Did He Cheat? Did Ali Win Cause He Is The Greatest?

So what really happened? In the movie "Ali", they portray liston as this mean dude, who when was losing used some sort of chemical to **** with Ali..

Some people think the mafia had something to do with it.. They told him take a dive or die.. Some think his Heroin overdose was a coverup of murder.. Liston hated needles as most should know..

Was it none of the above, and was Ali just that great? Did it not matter either way? Would Ali have won anyways?

Based on video evidence, Ali nailed the shit out of him.
    It's your choice; video evidence, or conspiracy theory?

Comment

Liston took a dive.

If you've seen more than a few fights, you should think this. At least imo. He had a great chin, took harder punches than that one. He stayed down.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
        Liston took a dive.

If you've seen more than a few fights, you should think this. At least imo. He had a great chin, took harder punches than that one. He stayed down.
        Are you kidding me mate? look at the video...Ali landed a right anchor punch bang on his chin....it was a clean shot at that is it....the people who started this 'Liston took a dive' conspiracy were whites who hated Ali for joing the nation of islam

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prxnGjKjxoo

[/THREAD]

Comment

Well I think Ali proved that wasn't a fluke in the fact that he also beat all the other guys who were supposedly unbeatable during his career.

Comment

In the second fight he got caught and looked like he had no intentions of getting up although the referee Jersey Joe Walcott should be blamed as well for not counting appropriately.

In the first fight Liston got beat up fair & square. He had his moments, tried to take Ali's head off with lefts and rights but Ali stayed in control of the fight.

Comment

I think it was a legit punch that put him down, and Liston just knew he had no chance of beating Ali and didn't want to take another 6 or 7 rounds of punishment, so he stayed down.

Comment

i actually saw a video on tv of liston saying he took the dive lol it was on some espn **** i fg "he was sayin the muslums wer gonna kill him if he won lol " ..but anyway who cares

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                    Liston took a dive.

George Foreman took harder punches when he was in his mid forties.. Ali made fighters gas by making them miss..
                    You also have to acknowledge that Liston was pushing 40 when he fought Ali..

Comment

Working...
                    X