No announcement yet.

Pacquiao: Catch weight King?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aracibo04 View Post
    you did not answer the question.. because your premise that pac has to gain 5 lbs is incorrect. pac as we speak is loosing weight to make the 145...or don't you know that?

but your incorrect in saying that pac had to gain 5.. thats my point. how can you keep saying that..

also why did roach try to bait cotto into going all the way down to 143??
    cotto is a 2 div champ, pac is 6......cotto's lats div was at 147 while pac was at 140....evn at143 is more than fair in a fight vs a 140 lber, dont you think?...the fight 's at 145 for christ sake!

Comment

Incorrect... pacquiao has to loose weight to make 145. He apparently walks around 155 or so.

Like Eyekonik said.. why not allow cotto to come in at the full welter limit?

just asking!
      The questions is why did Cotto agreed with the stipulations of the fight. He can trash the contract and fight somebody else.

The fight is 12 days away, so move on and just enjoy the fight.

Comment

you did not answer the question.. because your premise that pac has to gain 5 lbs is incorrect. pac as we speak is loosing weight to make the 145...or don't you know that?

but your incorrect in saying that pac had to gain 5.. thats my point. how can you keep saying that..

also why did roach try to bait cotto into going all the way down to 143??
        Oh really? Didn't you know that Pacquiao had to keep eating to maintain his weight? Didn't you hear that Freddy had to make Pac eat so much food just so he can maintain his weight right now?

And that 150 pound plus, do you think those are all muscles? Don't you know that a lot of percent of our body weight are water and fats.

Originally posted by .::EyEKoNiK::. View Post
        So they knew DLH would be at a disadvantage even at 147 so that makes it ok?..WOW!..

and to answer your question..if you actually train yourself..you'd know that gaining 5lbs is alot easier than losing 2lbs of muscle

I'm just saying..Pacquiao looked AMAZING at 147lbs..and Cotto is a good 147lb fighter..right?..what was the point of making the man drop 2lbs if Pacquiao had experienced the higher weight and looked GREAT!..

is it because they handicapped the last man they fought at 147lbs and knew he'd look like ****?..
        My point was, they had to meet in the middle. Pac's going in 147 was handicap as well, can you name boxers who could easily gain weight plus bring in skills along that gained weight? Pacquiao has to work hard, point is, Oscar should also work hard.

Imagine if they didn't have to make Cotto lose 2 pounds, it would be just Paccquiao working real hard in training. Point is, they had to meet in the MIDDLE.

Freddy's point was to meet both guys' natural weight. 140+147 / 2 = 143.5 catch weight.

Comment

What's all this meet half way stuff..that's dumb!..

WW Limit is 147..but I agree Manny calls the shots and is the cash cow..but it doesn't take away the fact that him and roach are cowards for getting the man dehydrated to be at an advantage..

if they experienced 147 before and did great..why would it be a problem now??..
          Originally posted by baracuda View Post
          cotto is a 2 div champ, pac is 6......cotto's lats div was at 147 while pac was at 140....evn at143 is more than fair in a fight vs a 140 lber, dont you think?...the fight 's at 145 for christ sake!
          I don't have a problem with 145... my beef with TS and maybe you is that you guys keep saying pac has to come up 5 lbs..

that is totally not true. and therefore the reason and the point for roach to insist on a catchweight 143 or 145 or whatever is to give manny an advantage.. or you don't want to admit that??

Comment

Originally posted by peyk-peyk View Post
            The questions is why did Cotto agreed with the stipulations of the fight. He can trash the contract and fight somebody else.

The fight is 12 days away, so move on and just enjoy the fight.
            like i said later on the thread cotto agreed to it and its on him all i am saying is that manny does not have to go up in weight in this fight he actually has to loose. TS stated that manny has to gain weight to make the fight and that is not true.

Comment

LOL, i don't hear any boxing media(s) calling Pac the catch weight king. Only the TS is calling him one.

Comment

I don't have a problem with 145... my beef with TS and maybe you is that you guys keep saying pac has to come up 5 lbs..

that is totally not true. and therefore the reason and the point for roach to insist on a catchweight 143 or 145 or whatever is to give manny an advantage.. or you don't want to admit that??
                Um didn't I answer that question before? They were struggling to maintain weight. They were training hard to maintain weight.
                And your argument that pacquiao is walking at 150+ pounds right now is weak as well. He's weighing like that because he is eating a lot more than he's accustomed to. Plus weight is more water+fats than muscles.

Comment

not true at all....at 145, cotto has the advantage.......manny is a natural 130, or maybe 135 lber at most where cotto is a natural 147 lber...

Comment

Mayweather wouldn't fight Williams..

but at the same time Williams has fought at 147 for most of his career and has no problem coming back..he just can't get anyone to fight him..so I'm sure if Mayweather miraculously got some balls for Christmas the fight would be at 147lbs..
                    Cotto couldnt go down to 140 anymore to meet Manny, so they're meeting at 145.

But why would mayweather fight PW at 147? didnt he fight at 154 before? that be the same logic used with manny/cotto

Comment

Pac can KO's boxer from flyweight to Valuev

Comment

Working...
                      X