Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RA the Rugged Man Vs Floyd Mayweather on Shade 45 (Audio)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Al Haymon View Post
    I'd like to make two very important points here.

1) Arby's Dollar Menu is crushing Taco Bell.

2) This interview exemplifies why athletes and celebrities become so distant from the public. We want guys to be more accessible....well, things like this are why they are not.

Imagine that you are in your car riding with someone. You are calling in to a radio show, expecting general chat with a hip-hop head. Someone who is, in effect, a professional communicator. That dude has an agenda and is prepared for you. Things start off cool, and then he starts going at you. Aggressively. Your nature is combative, so instead of saying "Hey, i see that we don't have a meeting of the minds here. I'm gonna wish you the best of luck" and sign off, you engage in a 30 minute verbal battle that leaves no winners.

This is essentially what Bill O'Reilly does on his show. It just isn't productive. You didn't get the answers and candor you wanted from Floyd. I would HOPE that you want answers and candor. Instead, you get an embattled, defensive Mayweather.

The only result is that Floyd's supporters think that he was blindsided, and Floyd's detractors say omg lolz pwned gayfeather yipppeee roflmao.

If I was RA, my approach would have been more subtle. "Floyd, I have been a big fan of yours since way back in the day. I think you are extremely talented. But I gotta tell you, i'm looking to see you in some great fights. I think that you and Mosley or you and Williams would make boxing history. When are you gonna hook us up with that, Floyd?"

Isn't that a much better, more productive approach?

The problem with the majority of these "rappers" is that they lack the education to understand that communication isn't always a battle. You are not outside a Kennedy Fried Chicken on Flatbush Avenue.

Floyd made a bad decision to engage, and RA embarrassed himself.

Nobody wins. Neither got what they really wanted.
    You make great points except I hate Arby's

Anyways doesent Brian Kenny do that and Floyd still goes on the offensive? Is like you can't discuss boxing with him unless you really kissing his ass. But, if you ask about Shane or question a fight. He starts going off. But, is really whatever his fans will defend him and his haters will hate on him...

Comment

Refer to end of post #516.

See what I mean?
      It reminded me of Rosie vs. Tom Selleck

Comment

Refer to end of post #516.

See what I mean?
        how in the hell did Mayweather fighting one LW turn into LIGHTWEIGHTS?.....

I guess it will be LightWeights (plural) if he fights Pacquiao

Comment

• **** was raw. RA ain't say nothin that ain't been said mad times tho. Dude needs to fight SSM and the Pac-Cotto winner next yr. Simple as that.

Comment

• Originally posted by mangler View Post
            **** was raw. RA ain't say nothin that ain't been said mad times tho. Dude needs to fight SSM and the Pac-Cotto winner next yr. Simple as that.
            RA must be a fan of NSB...cause everything he said has been a thread on here numerous times...lol

Comment

• What's odd is that :

Floyd's resume as a boxer >> anything RA has done in his life.

Yet, RA is so hypercritical.

Comment

• Damn, 50+ pages, no way I can read all that now. Funny thing is I saw R.A. last night at a club and he told me he aired out Floyd. I had forgotten about it. Thank you for posting.

By the way, Larry Holmes is R.A.'s favorite fighter of all time. I suggest you never dis Holmes in front of R.A. because he will go ballistic. (R.A. also had a crazy interview with James Toney in Mass Appeal ****zine once.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Libido Sanchez View Post
                  Damn, 50+ pages, no way I can read all that now. Funny thing is I saw R.A. last night at a club and he told me he aired out Floyd. I had forgotten about it. Thank you for posting.

By the way, Larry Holmes is R.A.'s favorite fighter of all time. I suggest you never dis Holmes in front of R.A. because he will go ballistic. (R.A. also had a crazy interview with James Toney in Mass Appeal ****zine once.)
                  nice that his favorite fighter is Ali's sparring partner

Comment

• Originally posted by Libido Sanchez View Post
                    Damn, 50+ pages, no way I can read all that now. Funny thing is I saw R.A. last night at a club and he told me he aired out Floyd. I had forgotten about it. Thank you for posting.

Oh, thanks for the heads up. If I see him in NYC, I'm clowning Larry Holmes.

I think i'm safe with fatboy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jiddu Dali View Post
                      nice that his favorite fighter is Ali's sparring partner
                      Wow was that a diss to Holmes...

Comment

Working...
                      X