Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RA the Rugged Man Vs Floyd Mayweather on Shade 45 (Audio)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    He would of made more money with Margarito. But, Baldomir wat the lineal champ. So IMO Floyd fought the right guy. Margarito was the more dangerous guy..
    Not true... it was the same purse (I think the official purse on paper for Baldomir was something like $8,000,010), the difference being Floyd wouldn't have to pay to opt out of his Top Rank contract had he taken the Margarito fight.

But as I mentioned earlier, had he remained with Top Rank, the DLH event wouldn't have been on the table, at least not for his next ring appearance.

Comment

• Damn this thread is already 16 pages deep?
      People really hate Floyd that much?

Let's keep the clownage going.

I wish that radio guy would have said: I smell *****!

Comment

• dude wasted no time did he, he went right in with hard question

Comment

You did not answer my question. But, I will answer yurs cuz there is no contradiction. JMM going up to WW does not I repeat does not make JMM a true WW. However, if P-Will could make 147 comfortably than P-Will is a true WW...

Now please answer my question. If Floyd chooses to fight at MW. Would that make Floyd a true MW?

If P-Will could make 147 comfortably how is he not a true WW?
          True Welterweight?
          So is their a False Welterweight?

Dude, read carefully.

Your argument is based of some kind false reality..
          What determines a true welterweight and a false one?
          FANS?

Here is the reality,

By definition in boxing, a welterweight fight is a fight that is contracted between the weight of 141-147 pounds. A welterweight Fighter is the fighter who makes that weight before fight time.

Do you understand?

if P-Will could make it between 141-147 he is considered welterweight.
          if JMM could make it between 141-147 he is considered welterweight.

Their is no difference is the title. Their both welterweights.

Classic contradiction argument:
          If your Argument is that Paul Williams would come down to fight Mayweather and that would make it ok...

Than the premise is that if Paul Williams can make 147, then he is a Welterweight..... BUT WAIT!!!!

If you believe that all a fighter has to do is make it in between the welterweight limit to become a welterweight....

Than What is the problem with Mayweather fighting Marquez at welterweight if you believe that all a fighter has to do is make is make it in between the welterweight limit to become a welterweight?

Anyway you look at it, your arugment would have a contradiction, unless you give Mayweather full credit for beating Marquez and didnt have a problem
          with the fight.. Than you can fairly and contradiciton free make the claim that you would like to see Mayweather fight Paul Williams at welterweight!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingChaos View Post
            Damn this thread is already 16 pages deep?
            People really hate Floyd that much?

Let's keep the clownage going.

I wish that radio guy would have said: I smell *****!

The radio guy provided the same lame argument as posters do on this site, same old convo, Baldomir, Marg blah blah, Floyd went the smart route. People never bring up he came from 130 himself. Would we hate on Cotto for going to 168 and winning fights, No, nor would we complain about any fighter doing it, but Floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeNDaBox View Post
              Not true... it was the same purse (I think the official purse on paper for Baldomir was something like $8,000,010), the difference being Floyd wouldn't have to pay to opt out of his Top Rank contract had he taken the Margarito fight.

But as I mentioned earlier, had he remained with Top Rank, the DLH event wouldn't have been on the table, at least not for his next ring appearance.

this is true... it was from an old ********** interview done with dan gossen... he stated that fighting baldomir would make floyd equal or more money than the arum offer but it was like a small amount more than 8mil

and why would anybody belive floyd about money anyway...wasnt he "supposedly " paid 20 mil but the wwe for that wrestlemania fight.. when in reality it was 1 to 5 mil....

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeNDaBox View Post

I am talking fight for fight. The Baldomir fight 300k+ so Floyd made like close to 10mil right? And, IMO Margarito had more of a fan base than Baldomir and had the Mexican and West Coast community behind him. So IMO he could of brought more PPV buys than Baldomir. And, i think that fight could of sold more than 400k+. Which IMO Floyd would get more than 10mil. That is where I coming from...

I know if he would of stayed with Top Rank he was not going to get the Oscar fight. So in the long run Floyd made way more...

Comment

• Originally posted by Horus View Post
                  True Welterweight?
                  So is their a False Welterweight?

Dude, read carefully.

Your argument is based of some kind false reality..
                  What determines a true welterweight and a false one?
                  FANS?

Here is the reality,

By definition in boxing, a welterweight fight is a fight that is contracted between the weight of 141-147 pounds. A welterweight Fighter is the fighter who makes that weight before fight time.

Do you understand?

if P-Will could make it between 141-147 he is considered welterweight.
                  if JMM could make it between 141-147 he is considered welterweight.

Their is no difference is the title. Their both welterweights.

Classic contradiction argument:
                  If your Argument is that Paul Williams would come down to fight Mayweather and that would make it ok...

Than the premise is that if Paul Williams can make 147, then he is a Welterweight..... BUT WAIT!!!!

If you believe that all a fighter has to do is make it in between the welterweight limit to become a welterweight....

Than What is the problem with Mayweather fighting Marquez at welterweight if you believe that all a fighter has to do is make is make it in between the welterweight limit to become a welterweight?

Anyway you look at it, your arugment would have a contradiction, unless you give Mayweather full credit for beating Marquez and didnt have a problem
                  with the fight.. Than you can fairly and contradiciton free make the claim that you would like to see Mayweather fight Paul Williams at welterweight!!!
                  So you consider JMM a true WW?

What if Floyd went up to 160? Is he a true MW?

Comment

• i can't make it past the first 3 min. i got to keep stoping for i can laugh they going in on floyd damn.

Comment

So you consider JMM a true WW?

What if Floyd went up to 160? Is he a true MW?
                      Then how is he a true welter if he came from 130.

Comment

Working...
                      X