No announcement yet.

Huge respect for Cotto!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge respect for Cotto!

He's one of the best boxers in the world, going into one of the biggest fights of his career and he still keeps his best mate who is a clinically obese around him. That is a decency that not many stars have. How many sports stars could you imagine wanting to be seen with such a fat person? Most would feel embarrassed and think they're too important and famous to hang around with a clinically obese fat guy. But he's Cotto's friend and despite Cotto's success Cotto still remembers that. He could go and hang around with other famous stars and only care for his image but he's got moral values and that is something I really respect.
    Last edited by Targaryen; 10-25-2009, 12:45 PM.

Good post buddy!!!

Comment

same and not only that but cotto also gave him an administrative position in his company. can't really recall any detailed information, will have to watch the episode again. they mention it in the pool scene.

it's always good to see boxers stay in touch with those who were there before it all happened.

Comment

Yeah, nice to see all the fame and furtune didn't go to his head. A lot of people can't handle it. Some get corrupt like a lot of politicians, and /or get greedy and miserly, and insecure, never knowing who their real friends are, or if they just like him for what he is, not who he is.

Comment

good post man

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
            Good post buddy!!!
            It has been my observation that puertorriquenos put the Orgullo Boricua first and foremost. I respect that about them.

In fact, i was watching a show on Animal Planet, and Rescue Ink went to this guy's house. The man had about six PR flags on his wall.

Muy Orgulloso.

This may seem small-minded, but I believe that Latinos (and some Blacks) and many non-American cultures are less superficial and more family/friend-oriented than Americans or other euro-centric groups are.

I think that Pacquiao would also proudly have a 400 pound buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Haymon View Post
              It has been my observation that puertorriquenos put the Orgullo Boricua first and foremost. I respect that about them.

In fact, i was watching a show on Animal Planet, and Rescue Ink went to this guy's house. The man had about six PR flags on his wall.

Muy Orgulloso.

This may seem small-minded, but I believe that Latinos (and some Blacks) and many non-American cultures are less superficial and more family/friend-oriented than Americans or other euro-centric groups are.

I think you are right about this!!

Comment

Cotto is great. I respect the hell out of him! Only fools and haters don't like him.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Haymon View Post

Muy Orgulloso.

Yeah, even though pac seems to like the fame and fortune a little more, he's still a humble guy, and handles his success very well. And he has a hell of a lot of success!!! Lol.

Comment

Man i like them both; but Pac a litle more; it's hard to see 2 of your favourit boxers fight

Comment

Working...
                    X