Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glen Johnson: "Joe Calzaghe Was Scared. He Backed Out Of 3 Fights"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

calzaghe clearly ducked johnson. regardless of if he would have won or not this is one fight calzaghe didn't want for whatever reason.

The best time for johnson was when he was fighter of the year, after beating Roy Jones & Tarver...there was a really good glen johnson interview a few months back talking about how that was his absolute peak, and mentally and physically he knew he would have been calzaghe. but then joe pulled out of course. we'll never know

Comment

Go through the pages of this thread and the hypocrisy is strong in it.

Most of the Calzaghe stans say that Calzaghe would have beaten Johnson so he wasn't afraid of or avoiding him. Then they want to hate on RJ avoiding fighters and RJ stans say "Well, he would have beaten them." Then they get mad.

Comment

Am a big Calzaghe fan but i cant dispute Johnson's claims, Even though Joe was injured he didnt seem to want the fight even when he healed up, Frank warren end up paying Glen johnson compensation for Calzaghe cancelling twice on johnson.

That to be was a duck on calzaghe's part.......

Comment

glen jonhson would beat calzaghe in fact johnson woild ko calzaghe.it's just what i'm saying bout joe,just cuz you retire undefeated doesn't make the best

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
            calzaghe clearly ducked johnson. regardless of if he would have won or not this is one fight calzaghe didn't want for whatever reason.

The best time for johnson was when he was fighter of the year, after beating Roy Jones & Tarver...there was a really good glen johnson interview a few months back talking about how that was his absolute peak, and mentally and physically he knew he would have been calzaghe. but then joe pulled out of course. we'll never know
            The fights were scheduled before Johnson beat Roy. They had a date rescheduled but Johnson said he wasnt interested anymore and got the fight with Jones.

They were scheduled to fight again after but Johnson lost to Woods.

Johnson was a virtual nobody when the fights were being talked about which is why i dont get why Calzaghe would have supposedly been afraid to fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by tbradf11 View Post
              glen jonhson would beat calzaghe in fact johnson woild ko calzaghe.it's just what i'm saying bout joe,just cuz you retire undefeated doesn't make the best
              Guess what...FAIL!

Comment

Glen johnsons record in the weak 168 division, (you know the division so weak Calzaghe gets no credit for 20 defences in.) 4 wins - 6 losses.

His wins are against Watson (24-16), Renteria (9-23) Zimmerman (15-2) Owoh (15-1)

Why is this even being discussed? The idea that johnson could beat Calzaghe is a fcuking Joke, he's a Journeyman who's claim to fame is beating a shot RJJ and being the only guy not to be robbed against Ottke.

Comment

Originally posted by hammerhiem View Post
                  Glen johnsons record in the weak 168 division, (you know the division so weak Calzaghe gets no credit for 20 defences in.) 4 wins - 6 losses.

His wins are against Watson (24-16), Renteria (9-23) Zimmerman (15-2) Owoh (15-1)

Why is this even being discussed? The idea that johnson could beat Calzaghe is a fcuking Joke, he's a Journeyman who's claim to fame is beating a shot RJJ and being the only guy not to be robbed against Ottke.
                  False revisionist history at its best

Comment

As much as I like Glen, I could of seen Joe edging him out on his way to a decision victory, but Glen would of always been in the fight and would of had his moments.

Comment

Johnson is a bitter man, but that's no reason why he should be talking absolute crap all the time nowadays. God knows he has his devoted fans among sportswriters. One guy wrote an article about him, you'd think he was writing about Sugar Ray Robinson or someone...

Comment

Working...
                      X