Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glen Johnson: "Joe Calzaghe Was Scared. He Backed Out Of 3 Fights"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread makes no sense at all! totally different time lines! But if Joe was to fight Johnson, I think we all know what the outcome would have been..

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow boxer 3 View Post
      i just dont think calzaghe is was that great. i giv him credit for beatin kessler but besides that he's never impressed me.
      Originally posted by Allucard View Post
      lol u are definitely on crack, Joe Calzaghe is nothing but an hypejob who somehow managed through careful matchmaking to keep his 0. He's fought exactly 2 fighters who were world class in a decade long career, got dropped in both occasions and only managed to win because the opposition was over 40 years of age. not good enough.
      What these guys said.....^^^^^^

Chad Dawson would have beaten Slappy Joe

Comment

Originally posted by Allucard View Post
        lol u are definitely on crack, Joe Calzaghe is nothing but an hypejob who somehow managed through careful matchmaking to keep his 0. He's fought exactly 2 fighters who were world class in a decade long career, got dropped in both occasions and only managed to win because the opposition was over 40 years of age. not good enough.
        And for a moment I took you for a serious poster...

Comment

If nothing, Johnson is the proof that with dedication, consistency and lot of hard work and a sound chin, you don't have to be incredibly talented to achieve something in this sport. Not always.

Comment

Originally posted by Benncollinsaad View Post
            Lol! He thinks that Joe was scared of HIM?!? It wouldn't be a contest even, Joe would play with him!

Really, he must be smoking too much ganja these days...
            calz has to actually fight johnson to get credit for beating him... fact is calz/johnson failed to happen 3x.

Comment

This is why i laugh when people use the Johnson fight, as any indication that Calzaghe would have beaten Dawson. Not that I'm saying that Calzaghe actually ducked him, because i don't know what happened, but the fight never took place. For all we know, Johnson could have given Calzaghe the same nightmare, or even actually beat him.

Comment

too bad the fight didnt happen.....could've been a classic IMO

Comment

Of course I would favor Joe if they fought. But if you fight Johnson, you will be in a fight for sure. Damn yall the last time he backed out, he signed to fight Manfredo instead.

Comment

Originally posted by S a m u r a i View Post
                    Wrong. HBO wanted the Manfredo fight, not Joe.

"I'm sick of fighting these kind of fights, I just can't get up for them. I'm bored." Joe Calzaghe on Manfredo
                    Well of course he's sick of them he spent a whole career fighting them.

Comment

Calzaghe might have beaten Johnson and might still. But I don't know of anybody who would have a reason to root for Joe unless they were from the UK or Wales. Johnson is a fan's fighter. Calzaghe fights for himself like Floyd does.

Comment

Working...
                      X