No announcement yet.

Glen Johnson: "Joe Calzaghe Was Scared. He Backed Out Of 3 Fights"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadow boxer 3 View Post
    funny how all the people from the UK dont giv Johnson a chance.
    No, Anyone with a brain knows Johnson wouldn't beat Calzaghe.

He's a tough fight no doubt but Calzaghe's speed and underated footwork would leave Johnson confused plus include Calzaghe's workrate which would have Johnson covering up all night.

Comment

I like Johnson and think he has been robbed a few times in his career but on the other side of things, Joe would beat him via UD. I'd give Johnson a few rds in that fight (early rds but once joe figured him out, it'd be a bit of a landslide)- I'd venture to guess 8 rds to 4 worst case.

Comment

Would've been a good fight, the toughest of Calzaghe's career at that point. Fireworks, I think. But where would they have fought at?

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          Would've been a good fight, the toughest of Calzaghe's career at that point. Fireworks, I think. But where would they have fought at?
          Probably 175.

Comment

Originally posted by Precision View Post
            Probably 175.
            That would've been quite an introduction to 175 for Calzaghe. But I wonder if he was willing to relinquish his titles then. Either way it would've been a great fight. I'd pick Calzaghe to win over the distance but it would be a rough and tumble fight.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              That would've been quite an introduction to 175 for Calzaghe. But I wonder if he was willing to relinquish his titles then. Either way it would've been a great fight. I'd pick Calzaghe to win over the distance but it would be a rough and tumble fight.
              It would of been a good fight and Johnson would have his moments but Calzaghe's speed would be a big factor.

I think he would be able to get in on Johnson, flurry then exit and continue that for 12.

Comment

I am a Calzaghe basher but he would have desroyed Johnson. Look what he did to Shieka just after Shieka beat Johnson handily.

Terrible style for Johnson, Calzaghe is at his best when pressured.

Comment

Originally posted by Precision View Post
                  It would of been a good fight and Johnson would have his moments but Calzaghe's speed would be a big factor.

I think he would be able to get in on Johnson, flurry then exit and continue that for 12.
                  Yeah, I think he'd do enough of that to win a decision. But Calzaghe's defense wasn't great, and Johnson excels at slowing the boxer. There would be a lot of great exchanges.

Comment

Originally posted by skankpuss View Post
                    I am a Calzaghe basher but he would have desroyed Johnson. Look what he did to Shieka just after Shieka beat Johnson handily.

Terrible style for Johnson, Calzaghe is at his best when pressured.
                    triangle theories... boy oh boy do they suck

Comment

Originally posted by Allucard View Post
                      lol u are definitely on crack, Joe Calzaghe is nothing but an hypejob who somehow managed through careful matchmaking to keep his 0. He's fought exactly 2 fighters who were world class in a decade long career, got dropped in both occasions and only managed to win because the opposition was over 40 years of age. not good enough.
                      enough said, this guy said all that needed to be said

Comment

Working...
                      X