No announcement yet.

looking back at some pernell whitaker tapes, mayweather is a better fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking back at some pernell whitaker tapes, mayweather is a better fighter

they could have a trilogy and mayweather would come out 3-0. im really big on pernell but his defensive skills pale in comparison to mayweathers. the thing about pernell is that he awed fans because of his flashy defense where as mayweathers is not flashy, but much more effective. pernell got hit way more than mayweather ever did.

What fights did you watch?

Comment

Originally posted by Equinox View Post
      they could have a trilogy and mayweather would come out 3-0. im really big on pernell but his defensive skills pale in comparison to mayweathers. the thing about pernell is that he awed fans because of his flashy defense where as mayweathers is not flashy, but much more effective. pernell got hit way more than mayweather ever did.
      That usually happens when you face better fighters.

Comment

at lightweight pernell would outbox floyd and get a ud, at welterweight i got floyd by ud. ive watched every fight from these 2 and studied both of there styles so thats my predicition.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          That usually happens when you face better fighters.
          You owned the topic creator.

Comment

Originally posted by catalinul View Post
            What fights did you watch?
            dont get my idea the wrong. pernell is a great fighter but in terms of styles...

mayweather>whitaker.

sorry if i think that mayweather would beat him but mayweather is not going to end up punch drunk.

Comment

Pernell beats may 8 times out of ten imo.

Comment

Throughout his career, Whitaker proved he was better than Mayweather.

Brilliant amateur career
                Outstanding fighter and gold medalist at the Olympics
                Stepped up early, beat two-division champion Roger Mayweather in his 12th pro fight
                Cleaned out and unified the lightweight division with 8 defenses of his title against JL Ramirez, Greg Haugen, Azumah Nelson, Juan Nazario, Jorge Paez, Freddie Pendleton
                Won a 140 lb belt from the dangerous Rafael Pineda
                Defeated linear welterweight champion Buddy McGirt
                Defended title against JC Chavez p4p number 1 ranked fighter at the time
                Total 8 successful defenses against top ranked WW's
                Won a junior middleweight title from hard-hitting, long-reigning champ Julio Cesar Vasquez
                Lost a disputed decision to an up and coming Oscar De La Hoya

Comment

i prefer pernell's defense. i dont like the defense of floyd where he covers the opponent's face

Comment

Originally posted by Equinox View Post
                    dont get my idea the wrong. pernell is a great fighter but in terms of styles...

mayweather>whitaker.

sorry if i think that mayweather would beat him but mayweather is not going to end up punch drunk.
                    I'm sure you watched some tapes of Whitaker fighting fighters Mayweather wouldn't thin kof stepping inside the ring.

In terms of styles,resume,accomplishments IMO Whitaker is better.

And he ain't punch drunk either.

Comment

Working...
                    X