Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those Who Are Picking Pacquiao to Beat Cotto...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
    Pac is fuuuuuuuuuuuucked and in for a beating.
    thats my prediction!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ravishing View Post
      Though I believe a good amount of you truly believe Pacquiao will win, I sense more people having a tough time explaining how and why Pacquiao will win besides the speed factor.

I personally have seen how both would be able to beat the other, but I also know fighters don't automatically change their styles overnight (as has been proven time and time again).

Can Manny Pacquiao be successful fighting Cotto as he's fought his opponents in the last couple of years?

Discuss...
      cotto has no business losing to a former 106 lber

Comment

Originally posted by Animalistic 5.0 View Post
        That wil be Pacquiao biggest mistake. That style of fighting by Pacquiao will play right in Cotto favor because of Cotto's powerful jab (Something Hatton and De La Hoya did not have). The timing will be the key in this fight.

You just can't move in and out like that against a fighter like Cotto because you will pay the price.
        I also think Cottos jab could be a big factor, but Pac cant stay in there with Cotto, so im guessing he will have to stay at range and move constantly.

I think it will be a very aggressive countering match. Cotto shouldnt chase Pac, as Pac is too fast and elusive. I think he'll lure Pac in and try to catch him with well timed shots.
        I still think darting in and out is Mannys best bet. Hes fast enough to not get hit IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Aracibo04 View Post
          speed alone will not be enough for manny to beat cotto, it is true that e=mc2

energy = mass x speed of light. in this case the speed of manny, no im not saying that manny is fast as lighting. what I am saying is that mass x speed is what kills. the key factor is whether manny's power and speed can hurt cotto. if manny cannot hurt cotto with his power from his speed then manny will not win.

the inverse is true also. if cotto combination of power and speed cannot hurt manny then its 50/50 and goes 12 rounds. cotto is the bigger man thus more mass, cotto then does not necessarily need to be as fast as manny to hurt manny.

it should be a great fight nonetheless.
          Speed adds 4 times as much energy whereas mass adds only 2 times as much. That's why a bullet can split you in half versus a cannonball that will knock you straight back 50 feet.

Speed is a greater factor in energy output than mass, but mass is still important. Cotto will have a slight edge in punching power, but Manny won't be too far behind.

Comment

he's just going to be too quick and that's a huge factor,but then again i have a gut feeling that Cotto is going to come out like he has to and fight the fight of his life he'll need to treat this as his defining fight.

Comment

So you believe Pacquiao will engage with Cotto and throw 100 punches per round with Cotto not being able to get anything off?
              I believe Cotto does not have the defense to beat a fighter like Manny Pacquiao. This is more than just Pacquiao's hand speed. Cotto is a big and strong fighter with good boxing skills and above average ring generalship, but he just has no answers for straight lefts and uppercuts. This will be his downfall and Pacquiao's handspeed isn't really going to make things easier for Cotto.

Comment

Though I believe a good amount of you truly believe Pacquiao will win, I sense more people having a tough time explaining how and why Pacquiao will win besides the speed factor.

I personally have seen how both would be able to beat the other, but I also know fighters don't automatically change their styles overnight (as has been proven time and time again).

Can Manny Pacquiao be successful fighting Cotto as he's fought his opponents in the last couple of years?

Discuss...
                Bro dont take it bad but I suggest you to take the time to contemplate the possibility of updating your signature. I always have good post but I have a hard time trying to read them because I just can stand the image of the man hitting a women brutally like that, believe me its not funny and any person born from a human been female should not find it appropriate.

Thank you so much for your attention...

Comment

Originally posted by Webber676 View Post
                  Bro dont take it bad but I suggest you to take the time to contemplate the possibility of updating your signature. I always have good post but I have a hard time trying to read them because I just can stand the image of the man hitting a women brutally like that, believe me its not funny and any person born from a human been female should not find it appropriate.

Thank you so much for your attention...
                  LOL yet it's ok to have half naked women on other's signatures?

It's a movie bro. I'm sure the actress was compensated for her work.

Comment

of course speed isnt the sole reason pac will win, although it is a damn good one. speed frustrates for the first few rounds and by the 8th or 9th round of in and out attacks, its over. Pac did this with DLH, and pulling the trigger is impossible when speedy+stinging punches disrupt you. although he's a different fast handed warrior than before, he is one for the better in a division that could knock him the **** out if he isnt.

The way pac was competitive against Barrera, Morrales, and Marquez is another reason hell win. These guys (barrera and marquez in particular) might not have had the power cotto had, but they were more skilled. having these fights to look back on will help.

I just hope pac comes to LA already and picks it up a notch because all of this theory talk is **** if hes not 100%. thats how much of a step up beating cotto requires.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Anomaly View Post
                      I also think Cottos jab could be a big factor, but Pac cant stay in there with Cotto, so im guessing he will have to stay at range and move constantly.

I think it will be a very aggressive countering match. Cotto shouldnt chase Pac, as Pac is too fast and elusive. I think he'll lure Pac in and try to catch him with well timed shots.

I still think darting in and out is Mannys best bet. Hes fast enough to not get hit IMO.

This idea of darting in and out is a bad bad bad strategy to trie against Cotto because Pacquiao is very predictable when darting in and out. No matter how fast he is if you know he will do the same thing over and over is pretty easy to time if you have a stiff powerfull jab like Cotto's. Pacquiao opens up when doing that also so I expect Cotto to meet him with a jab everytime he tries it and that will pretty much destroy Pacquiao momentum and force him to change his plan of attack.

In the end Pacquiao will be forced to fight toe to toe and Cotto will have him right were he wants him.
                      Last edited by Animalistic 5.0; 10-19-2009, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X