Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The media thoughts on the froch verses dirrell fight..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what I want to know is how Dirrell will absorb this fight going into the one vs Abraham

especially if in Germany will Andre use the same fight tactics vs Abe?

or stand and fight more?

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
      All thought froch won...lmao at the idiots on this forum...NOT ONE SAID IT WAS CONTROVEDRTIUAL, NOT ONE...

http://www.********boxing.com/news.php?p=21570&more=1

http://www.rte.ie/sport/boxing/2009/1018/frochc.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oth...-be-a-war.html
      listen b1tch

a) you dont know anything about boxing
      b) floyd mayweather must be boring to you
      c) dirrell pot shotted and used controlled aggression to beat froch
      d) froch in no way won that fight, it was not a huge robbery but it was a robbery none the less
      e) froch is very very over hyped there is no doubt that kessler would knock this british bum out
      f) i wish i could red k u because u have been pissing me off

g) boxing is NOT fighting **** for brains!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
        Carl Froch won 114-113 on my card.

The decision was fair, I'm even happy to see it was a SD instead of a UD because the fight was very close.

Yes, Dirrell is the more talented fighter, but his game plan STUNK. Fighters who run, fall, hold, bend and ***** for 12 rounds don't deserve to win world titles.
        In the RBR thread, didn't you say you had Dirrell winning by the same score?

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
          no he didnt hit froch plentty of times...i was actually live at the fight and his throwing ratio was terrible...froch continually threw the jab hence why dirrells face was a mess and froch had no scratches...

dirrell although veryt skillful is a horrifically boring fighter...
          They both looked fine to me imo, I thot Forch looked like an idiot hitting air most of the fight and Direll hitt him clean a lot of time in some rounds

BUT I also say unbiasedly that a lot of his shots were also blocked and in some rounds he really did just run the entire round.

Both deserved to lose points, Dirrel for trying to make out with Froch and Froch for confusing the back of the head with the front of the head.

As an American, I really gotta give credit to you Brits, you guys packed out the arena and showed your support. Americans b!tch about overseas judging but if the fight was in Dirrel's town of Michigan the whole place would be empty.

And finally, like you brits would say, Froch's girl is a FUK-ING DISH!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mrbigshot View Post
            listen b1tch

a) you dont know anything about boxing
            b) floyd mayweather must be boring to you
            c) dirrell pot shotted and used controlled aggression to beat froch
            d) froch in no way won that fight, it was not a huge robbery but it was a robbery none the less
            e) froch is very very over hyped there is no doubt that kessler would knock this british bum out
            f) i wish i could red k u because u have been pissing me off

g) boxing is NOT fighting **** for brains!!!
            lol at you seething...you have no decent arguements and yes i find watching paint ndry whilst grass is growing out of it more exciting thnan dirrell and mayweather...

Comment

Originally posted by Dice View Post
              They both looked fine to me imo
              They both looked like **** to me.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Originally posted by Shadows View Post
                In the RBR thread, didn't you say you had Dirrell winning by the same score?
                Must have been a typo - I was pumped at the time, I knew it would be close on the scorecards.

Comment

Originally posted by S a m u r a i View Post
                  They both looked like **** to me.

get your eyes checked froch didnt even have a bump on him hence why he had nothing land on him...dirrell unless your colour blind had a bleeding nose and swollen eyes..

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
                    Carl Froch won 114-113 on my card.

The decision was fair, I'm even happy to see it was a SD instead of a UD because the fight was very close.

Yes, Dirrell is the more talented fighter, but his game plan STUNK. Fighters who run, fall, hold, bend and ***** for 12 rounds don't deserve to win world titles.
                    Agree with the bold. I'll view the fight again on video-file this time and see how I score it.

But there was absolutely no ring generalship from Dirrell whatsoever. Yeah, he had Froch following him all night, but out of fear, not authority. Dirrell was frequently as clueless going backward as Froch was coming forward, there was little to no conviction about his work until much too late.

Anyone who tries to sell this as a defensive/boxing masterclass needs to seriously check their sight. It was an abysmal, un-Championship-worthy performance from Dirrell.

Additionally, anybody who previously derided Mayweather as a runner should watch Froch-Dirrell for a perfect illustration of what running looks like. It isn't running if you're in control. While Dirrell denied Froch control of the fight, he didn't seize command for himself.
                    Watch Malignaggi-Diaz if you want to see what assured ring-generalship looks like. This was straight up running - and the frantic holding showed only panic and desperation, not assurance or ring-smarts/real awareness.

This performance from The Matrix (awful nickname, btw) basically confirmed what I thought beforehand - Dirrell is not the next slick young thing, isn't at the level his supporters were claiming and likely never will be up there. A potential titlist, yeah, but little more. He has athleticism and some quick hands, but he's limited beyond that.

The other Andre, Ward, is a far more resourceful, versatile and promising fighter IMO.

Comment

For the people that think Froch actually won, I want to sit down and watch the fight and see what rounds that were giving Froch because some rounds, he didn't land a punch at all. And the round they took that point away from Dirrell was the same round he hurt Froch, which made the round 9-9 but it seems judges still scored it for Froch. I would never go to another country and fight. PERIOD, its the dumbest thing ever.

Comment

Working...
                      X