Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesnt any criticize Vitali Klitschko for using steroids in the Olympics?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larry x View Post
    didnt know the olympics was professional boxing..he got kicked out of olympic comp and turned pro..been clean since...mosley used while he was pro in a mega fight..big differance....p.s dont try and **** on one fighter to make another one look better
    I have to agree, but I thought Mosely "mistakenly" took steroids, or some **** like that, I forget the story.

Anyway, Vitali was heavily criticized on this site for steroids, mostly when he was supposed to fight Rahman back in 05.

Comment

Cheating is cheating...end of.

I'm a fan of Vitali, but you damn well know that if he hadn't got caught he might've continued using.

Comment

I kinda knew about this. He took them to heal an injury or something.

Comment

I have read that steroids were given to him as a part of treating a broken rib or bone; I can't remember the details. I don't know how legitimate the excuse was, but he certainly did not look "juiced" back then. He does not look to be juiced now.

Juiced boxers are easy to spot -- Morrison, Tyson, Briggs -- they looked too much like body-builders.

Comment

Originally posted by Nautilus View Post
            I have read that steroids were given to him as a part of treating a broken rib or bone; I can't remember the details. I don't know how legitimate the excuse was, but he certainly did not look "juiced" back then. He does not look to be juiced now.

Juiced boxers are easy to spot
            -- Morrison, Tyson, Briggs -- they looked too much like body-builders.
            Read what you wrote again.

You can't always spot them as seen by some runners and cyclists...as well as others. And, some look like they can be on them but are not...some are just physical freaks of nature that were born that way. That's why they are "elite" and tend to go on to be Pro athletes and the rest, the 99% of people are left behind.

Good-Great Genes, Nutrition, and working out can make you look like a "Bodybuilder." Not like Arnold or the freaks of today, but still like a BB.

Read the date:

Last edited by Benny Leonard; 10-13-2009, 06:29 PM.

Comment

For Vitali and Steroids: He took them, but I would say it was mainly for medical reasons prescribed from a Doctor he may have fully trusted to help him heal. Now, did Vitali know the medicine given to him was "steroids" that was illegal to use for athletes that want to compete? Not sure. He was young so maybe not. Maybe that is the reason he became a Doctor...to be in the "know." I'll have to get around to reading his book at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Nautilus View Post

Juiced boxers are easy to spot -- Morrison, Tyson, Briggs -- they looked too much like body-builders.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
                  [B]And, some look like they can be on them but are not...some are just physical freaks of nature that were born that way. That's why they are "elite" and tend to go on to be Pro athletes
                  We are comparing elite athletes to elite athletes... when we are talking about Klitschko, Morrison, Tyson, Briggs, etc.

On a side note, I have done competitive weightlifting in Russia, and I could tell you that even basic "juicing" (like methanabol) makes you look like a freak of nature.... and there is an abysmal distance between weightlifters who juice and who don't. Simply, in weightlifting, if you are not juicing, then you are not doing it professionally.

Comment

It's funny how every athlete not just boxers claim steroid use from an injury or they didn't know...it's the same storey in every sport! Klit fans are in denial just as I was when one of my heroes growing up has been scrutinized.roger Clemens.never actually got caught but his best friends in baseball who used came clean & have tried to get roger to come clean.he's destroyed his legacy & looks worse lying.he's rich so who cates if he makes the hall of fame or not?

Comment

not a Klit fan by any means but im pretty sure having the opportunity to fight in the olympics taken away AND having to watch your YOUNGER brother win the gold medal that you could have probably won even easier was punishment enough.

Comment

Working...
                      X