Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: The Struggles That Led Vergil Ortiz Jr To Seminal Moment Against Tim Tszyu

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: The Struggles That Led Vergil Ortiz Jr To Seminal Moment Against Tim Tszyu

Vergil Ortiz Jr and his family have sacrificed more than most can comprehend to arrive at this pivotal stage of his career. Despite his undefeated record and 100 percent knockout rate, Ortiz (20-0, 20 KOs) has walked anything but a straight line to arrive at his matchup with former unified junior middleweight champion Tim Tszyu, which will appear on the undercard of the Terence Crawford-Israil Madrimov 154lbs title fight on August 3 in Los Angeles.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'm annoyed that they didn't have Ortiz get in a few rounds in first. 2 rounds in 2 years, I hope that doesn't backfire. I think there may be some fears that Ortiz' health issue could crop back up so they pushed hard for this fight due to that - to at least get him a title fight. If he wins, good decision, if he loses, then they made a huge mistake rushing him in like that.

Comment

i get that his son sacrifice and all that but it dont roll with me that kinda talk. some never get to choose what and where they will ply there trade some get most choices half made for them, something about that talk about health and loss of youth dont sit right with me. The medicals will decide Ortiz future more then anything else with his "blood problem" Then the dangers of the ring will be out for him as all fighters. Just as the dangerous jobs that many people take that could end there lives in a short second or two. And he will win the fight with Zoo if he dont pass out during the weigh in or something similar. he has gifts that show up in his fights and skills worked out with time. Inactivity that is part of his story now, as it is for most fighters these days. Look at Sintilli last week over 200 days out right ? And what Norman Jr. out only 77 days what a fight what a battle of wills and skills and heart. Anyhow.......

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
        I'm annoyed that they didn't have Ortiz get in a few rounds in first. 2 rounds in 2 years, I hope that doesn't backfire. I think there may be some fears that Ortiz' health issue could crop back up so they pushed hard for this fight due to that - to at least get him a title fight. If he wins, good decision, if he loses, then they made a huge mistake rushing him in like that.
        Yeah, the opponent choice was poor. They could've at least got an Old Austin Trout.

Comment

Ortiz is ready...full camp to KO win in the first. Ortiz wins in camp. Whoever loses will have ZERO excuses.
          TheOneAboveAll TheOneAboveAll likes this.

Comment

Ortiz vs Tszyu ! Should be a classic !

Comment

Tszyu no longer has the WBO title.

Comment

Originally posted by Toprope View Post

Ortiz is ready...full camp to KO win in the first. Ortiz wins in camp. Whoever loses will have ZERO excuses.
                Everyone, fans, experts, everyone knows inactivity in the ring is what counts the most against a fighter. He may pull it off but if it goes into later rounds, thats where it can hurt an inactive fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackRobb View Post

Tszyu no longer has the WBO title.
                  No but if he beats Zu, that would put him right in line for a title shot. As long as his health issue doesn't rise back up.

Comment

I see the fight more risky for Ortiz he is facing a young lion bigger than him.

Comment

Working...
                    X