No announcement yet.

Is the Soviet style the best style ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Soviet style the best style ?

Beterbiev, Bivol, Usyk, Lomachenko. Those styles can all be traced back to the soviet style system. Is it the most optimal style humanly possible ? Would the 80s and 90s have been different if the Soviets could compete ? Surely I must be so looking to the current day boxing landscape.

Originally posted by Haka View Post
    Beterbiev, Bivol, Usyk, Lomachenko. Those styles can all be traced back to the soviet style system. Is it the most optimal style humanly possible ? Would the 80s and 90s have been different if the Soviets could compete ? Surely I must be so looking to the current day boxing landscape.
    All of their styles are totally different.

This is just mind numbling ridiculous reductionist american buffoonery.

Comment

Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post

They look to have systematic consistent footwork, Different then in English boxing gyms or in America.

Comment

Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post

Admins can close this thread if they want, I forgot about the audience, who knows boxing actually in here ? Certainly not me.​
        Last edited by Haka; 05-22-2024, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Haka View Post
          Is it the most optimal style humanly possible ?.
          We need one of those super super duper computers AI enhanced to input this question into & wait for 45 years for it to calculate the answer
          Last edited by Smash; 05-22-2024, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Bivol is the only one that uses the Soviet style.

Comment

I don’t think it’s necessarily a stylistic thing, but generally Eastern European fighters tend to be very well coached. They all have good fundamentals. Even the killers like Golovkin, Kovalev, Beterbiev etc set their shots up correctly. Then on the flip side the more technical guys like Loma, Bivol, Usyk still turn those punches over as we saw in the 9th round last weekend.

They always seem very well rounded and complete​​​​​, at least at the very top level anyway.
              K-- K-- likes this.

Comment

I wonder what else could be responsible besides the Soviet “style”? Perhaps state sponsored health and wellness programs.

I think it may be the fact they tend to stay amateur a little longer, even into their primes. I think that extra time developing and honing skills makes a huge difference. Also reduces damage taken, thus keeping punch resistance rather high.

You see the opposite in the NBA where these 1 and domes usually need 2-3 years to develop. They don’t come in as skilled and developed as like an MJ or Shaq that stayed 3yrs in.
                Last edited by The Big Dunn; 05-22-2024, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                  Bivol is the only one that uses the Soviet style.
                  I just looked at Golovkin in the Olympics, seems to resemble Bivol a lot more.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    I wonder what else could be responsible besides the Soviet “style”?

Perhaps state sponsored health and wellness programs.

I think it may be the fact they tend to stay amateur a little longer, even into their primes. I think that extra time developing and honing skills makes a huge difference.

You see the opposite in the NBA where these 1 and domes usually need 2-3 years to develop. They don’t come in as skilled and developed as like an MJ or Shaq that stayed 3yrs in.

Referring to this type of training, I'm assuming all fighters named above went through these type of training programs.
                    The Big Dunn The Big Dunn likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X