No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Joyce And Derek Chisora Meet At The O2 In July

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joe Joyce And Derek Chisora Meet At The O2 In July

London heavyweights Joe Joyce and Derek Chisora will headline at The O2 on Saturday July 27 when the "Juggernaut" will be confronted by "War", live on TNT Sports. It is a domestic collision that appears to have been on the table for some time, with Joyce (16-2, 15 KOs), having been calling out the name of the veteran formerly known as Delboy since 2019.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Well this is a guaranteed war. I don’t think Derek Chisora has enough left in the tank to fend off big Joe.
    landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Two aging gunslingers facing off... maybe for the last time, at least for one of them. Wow! I know a lot of people are probably going to criticise this fight (and it will certainly not be the fastest paced affair), but personally, I can't wait to see these two old warhorses go at it. I have a feeling they've both got a big fight (or two) left in them. It's a better fight for Joe than it is for Derek at this stage of their careers. Chisora has bean an incredible servant to British heavyweight boxing but he has looked faded in his last few fights and you wouldn't want to see him hurt more than he's already been so I understand the calls for him to retire. However, that's his call and no one else's. People said Joyce should retire after the second Zhang defeat and it was a bad knockout, but I think overall he has a lot less miles on the clock and if he can drop some weight and come into the fight in the condition he did for Dubois or Parker then he could slowly break Derek like he did Parker. Chisora will go to war and throw bombs from the off though and if Joe's punch resistance has finally cracked (or he still has a few demons from the Zhang fight) then it could get very interesting. Either way though, for as long as it lasts, it could be great.
      Last edited by BoxerWriter; 05-22-2024, 12:17 PM.
      gooderz84 gooderz84 likes this.

Comment

Both made for each other. Joyce defends with his face whilst throwing a decent amount (volume) and Chisora is a come forward fighter. He should walk on to a lot whilst landing plenty himself. Be surprised if they open the top tier of the arena for this though.

Comment

Chisora in for another beating. He will be good in spots and then another slow beatdown will come. He is too brave for his own good.

Comment

Is Chisora poor or something? I'll never understand why boxers beat themselves into brain damage.

Comment

Chisora's in for another slow beat down...but, them looping overhand rights are gunna land easily on Joe Joyce

Good CTE battle

Comment

Chisora was never good.

Now he's punch drunk and old.

Just retire.
                rudy rudy likes this.

Comment

This aint it! Kabayel or the like shouldve been his next opp. Chisora does nothing for his career at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Mero View Post
                    This aint it! Kabayel or the like shouldve been his next opp. Chisora does nothing for his career at this point.
                    Kabayel would smash Joyce easily

Comment

Working...
                    X