Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: IBF President Explains The Current Status Of Their Heavyweight Belt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: IBF President Explains The Current Status Of Their Heavyweight Belt

Darryl Peoples, head of the IBF, talks to BoxingScene ahead of Filip Hrgovic's clash with Daniel Dubois as rematch between Oleksandr Usyk and Tyson Fury looms.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Everybody on the entire planet knows it's a ****** idea to strip Usyk of this belt.

So, this being boxing, I'm sure that's what will happen.

Comment

That 'undisputed belt' is a tacky insult & Usyk should have refused to lift or wear it lol.

Aaaand once again, the IBF can devour a male chicken fr.
      MusoMeanderings MusoMeanderings likes this.

Comment

IBF should not sanction the rematch. We asked for the undisputed and we got it: one name, one face, one champ. Let's move on and allow a mandatory have his shot. Fighters fight for mandatory positions for a reason and should be encouraged.

I respect the IBF for their strictness, but their timing has to be right and needs improvement, else they risked depriving us of an Usyk/Hirgovic fight

All that shouldn't stop Usyk/Fury rematch though. Those two can fight as many times as they wish but not at the expense of the rest of the division.
        Last edited by BoxOfficer; 05-22-2024, 02:53 AM.

Comment

Usyk shouldn't give a dam. He already made that unique history and is on his way to the Boxing Hall of Fame. Let them have the stinking belt status and save the sanctioning fees
          zalous zalous likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxOfficer View Post
            IBF should not sanction the rematch. We asked for the undisputed and we got it: one name, one face, one champ. Let's move on and allow a mandatory have his shot. Fighters fight for mandatory positions for a reason and should be encouraged.

I respect the IBF for their strictness, but their timing has to be right and needs improvement, else they risked depriving us of an Usyk/Hirgovic fight

All that shouldn't stop Usyk/Fury rematch though. Those two can fight as many times as they wish but not at the expense of the rest of the division.
            Tyson Fury deserves the right to fight for undisputed again in rematch. It is very much unfinished business. Hrgovic needs to revenge his loss 116-111 to Zhang, and Dubois will destroy him anyway.

1. Fury
            2. Usyk - Fury won 114-113
            3. Wilder - He was past prime for Parker, but is back to prime again, new lease of life.
            4. Joshua
            5. Moses
            6. Parker
            7. Zhang
            8. Joyce
            9. Ortiz
            10. Wardley
            11. Clarke
            12. Whyte
            13. Chisora
            14. Hughie Fury
            15. Tom Little

Nash out

Sabiondo Sabiondo likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash out View Post

Tyson Fury deserves the right to fight for undisputed again...

Nash out
              Just as I deserve to be on Forbes top 10.

JimRaynor JimRaynor likes this.

Comment

These ABC presidents all seem devoid of any common sense.

Usyk has defeated Anthony Joshua twice and Tyson Fury to EARN the IBF title.

Hrgovic has defeated Zhang controversially and Dempsey McKean to become mandatory.

Make him wait, he hasn’t earned sh**.
                Last edited by RJJ-94-02=GOAT; 05-22-2024, 04:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JeBron Lamez View Post
                  That 'undisputed belt' is a tacky insult & Usyk should have refused to lift or wear it lol.

Aaaand once again, the IBF can devour a male chicken fr.
                  Precisely that. Situations like this one prove how meaningless it is. What matters is we had an epic fight with two great (and probably legendary) fighters.

IBF confirm a champion may ask for an exception - I believe Usyk asked for such (because he procrastinated all the defences for almost two years). But he deserves one now and better ask it. Of course, Team Usyk's idea is probably to make it harder for Fury to claim that title if he potentially wins the rematch, but this is an assumption.

Maybe an option is for the Saudis to pay step-aside to Hrgovic. Or Fury and Usyk to do so. I have the feeling IBF hopes for some money to make this exception. But having less than 6 months, I guess the situation will be cleared out soon.

Comment

I agree with most of the commenter's sentiments. That said, even though Fury-Usyk 2 is the best one out there, I cannot stand nonsense rematches and maybe if they strip him we will see a few less of them here and there.

Comment

Working...
                    X