Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Says Referee Nelson Made The Right Play In Usyk-Fury Battle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn Says Referee Nelson Made The Right Play In Usyk-Fury Battle

Promoter Eddie Hearn believes referee Mark Nelson made the right call by not stopping the undisputed heavyweight fight between Oleksandr Usyk and Tyson Fury.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Of course the ref made the right call, who stops an undisputed fight just cause a fighter is wobbled a little bit.
    Last edited by TysonFuryTBE; 05-23-2024, 09:42 AM.
    fifth_root N/A Smash Smash like this.

Comment

I agree. So many are salty that Usyk didn't get the KO win. It would have been nice, but let's be real, Fury came back in the rds after to put up a good fight. That wouldn't have happened if it was stopped. I believe it was also the appropriate call and based on the magnitude of the fight, Nelson wasn't going to just stop it knowing how close it was and that the rd was coming to an end.

The question is, would he have stopped it if it had been Usyk hurt like that instead? It never happened, but you have to ask yourself if he would have given Usyk the benefit of a standing 8 count rather than stopping it.
      fifth_root N/A likes this.

Comment

Thé fight did not need to be stopped but a count should have been given after the second time the ropes held up Fury
        Thus by not doing so , imo the ref screwed Usyk of getting a Ko
        Also , I thought the ref gave way to much time to Fury

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
          I agree. So many are salty that Usyk didn't get the KO win. It would have been nice, but let's be real, Fury came back in the rds after to put up a good fight. That wouldn't have happened if it was stopped. I believe it was also the appropriate call and based on the magnitude of the fight, Nelson wasn't going to just stop it knowing how close it was and that the rd was coming to an end.

The question is, would he have stopped it if it had been Usyk hurt like that instead? It never happened, but you have to ask yourself if he would have given Usyk the benefit of a standing 8 count rather than stopping it.
          Valid point about had it been Usyk
          Imo , yes the fight would of been stopped
          Just going on previous events that have happened and the way British refs react to opposing fighters

Comment

Originally posted by TysonFuryTBE View Post
            Of course the ref made the right call, who stops an undisputed fight just cause a fighter is wobbled a little bit.

Fury haters really are embarrassing themselves last few days
            Now this is embarrassing!

Originally posted by TysonFuryTBE View Post
            Usyk cheated. He was out of it end of round 7, suddenly he kisses his cross and he’s now like a bunny skipping around everywhere. I need to know if it was smelling salts

Comment

Sureee Hearn. If Joshua would have had Usyk or Fury hurt like that,I'm totally sure that you wouldn't be screaming to the high heavens about how your fighter was denied a knockout,and how there should be a full blown investigation into the referee.

Comment

Hearn his right the ref made the right call. only the ropes kept Fury up and the ref gave a count as he should . Good refereeing throughout and by his good judgment made it the classic it was.

Comment

Originally posted by mike1010011 View Post
                  Sureee Hearn. If Joshua would have had Usyk or Fury hurt like that,I'm totally sure that you wouldn't be screaming to the high heavens about how your fighter was denied a knockout,and how there should be a full blown investigation into the referee.
                  So what you're saying is, he would be biased if he had a horse in the race, but since he doesn't, he was able to give an unbiased, fair opinion. Not sure what you're on about, all promoters are going to side with their fighters in that scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post

No one got a standing 8 count. Idek there is such a thing as a standing 8 count in pro boxing anymore under any commission. Fury was deemed a downed opp cuz if not for the ropes he would have went down.

I think this was a big ass fight that wouldn't have been stopped regardless of if it had been Usyk hurt as bad as Fury was. This is actually pretty standard for fights to be stopped more aggressively at the lower end & less aggressively at the higher end.

That said if this wasn't a Riyadh Season ~$200M undisputed heavyweight ppv event between the top 2 & only belt holders in the division I think it probably does get stopped if it had been Fury or Usyk 9x outta 10.

Comment

Working...
                    X