Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury Too Flawed For All-Time Greatness, But Perfectly Flawed For Fan-Friendliness

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Fury Too Flawed For All-Time Greatness, But Perfectly Flawed For Fan-Friendliness

Tyson Fury is the ultimate "1 of 1" heavyweight champion. There's never been, and presumably will never be, another like him. He's listed at six-foot-nine, has a dad bod even at the end of a great training camp, has the hand speed of a middleweight, can get knocked down by blown-up cruiserweights or by MMA dudes boxing for the first time, can get up from Deontay Wilder's best two-punch combination, displays the fleet-footed grace of Muhammad Ali one minute and the oafishness of Primo Carnera the next -- and this is all before even mentioning his personality.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good article.
    Left Hook Louie Left Hook Louie likes this.

Comment

All fighters look bad when.losing, that's when the "I told you all along he was overated" comments surface.. Fury can get a few wins and all will be firgiven. It's how you come back from loss
      Last edited by hugh grant; 05-21-2024, 03:46 AM.

Comment

Whilst I think it's unlikely, very unlikely, if he was to win a usyk rematch and then beat AJ then yes he would be an ATG for me.

Saying it can't happen. Because he has one relatively close loss to Usyk is a bit ridiculous, LL got flattened by Rahman in his prime, Rahman was nowhere in the same galaxy of quality as Usyk.

If a rematch happens, Fury comes out and dominates it, then people will say oh Usyk got lucky with that shot in the 9th of the first fight or some nonsense, this is how boxing fans are.

Like I say it's unlikely and I would bet against it, but it's not totally out of the realms of possibility it's really up to Fury if he wants to shoot for that goal or not. Fury is a weird one, you don't know if this loss will mentally ruin him or turn him into the incredible hulk.
        Last edited by Atypicalbrit; 05-21-2024, 04:09 AM.
        bimhead bimhead Nikko1973 Nikko1973 like this.

Comment

Even uneaten fighters don't escape criticism. Your whole career is scrutinised. You think floyd isn't considered overated, or calzaghe just cos of unbeaten record?
          I'm sure some thought jmm or 39 year old ssm would beat floyd, not necessarily because jmm or ssm are great but because they didn't rate floyd highly.
          Last edited by hugh grant; 05-21-2024, 04:19 AM.
          vinnieq vinnieq likes this.

Comment

That coke binge/ eating binge after Wlad was his biggest downfall. Instead of improving after that Wlad win he declined. Also I think at this stage of his career he has become too rich/ too much invested as a family man instead of a hungry fighter. If the Fury after Wlad kept on improving he would pose trouble for most fighters on the ATG list because he is a real pain to deal with due to his size, boxing skills and grit. Usyk got him at the right time that is all.
            a5pe4 a5pe4 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
              Even uneaten fighters don't escape criticism. Your whole career is scrutinised. You think floyd isn't considered overated, or calzaghe just cos of unbeaten record?
              I'm sure some thought jmm or 39 year old ssm would beat floyd, not necessarily because jmm or ssm are great but because they didn't rate floyd highly.
              lololol don’t ever compare Fury to Floyd. Ever in your life.

We’re talking about a guy who almost got stopped by Wilder. Lost to an MMA fighter. Robbed Otto Wallin off a stoppage. You want to compare him with the greatest fighter of the past 3 decade?

Comment

Originally posted by Atypicalbrit View Post
                Whilst I think it's unlikely, very unlikely, if he was to win a usyk rematch and then beat AJ then yes he would be an ATG for me.

Saying it can't happen. Because he has one relatively close loss to Usyk is a bit ridiculous, LL got flattened by Rahman in his prime, Rahman was nowhere in the same galaxy of quality as Usyk.

If a rematch happens, Fury comes out and dominates it, then people will say oh Usyk got lucky with that shot in the 9th of the first fight or some nonsense, this is how boxing fans are.

Like I say it's unlikely and I would bet against it, but it's not totally out of the realms of possibility it's really up to Fury if he wants to shoot for that goal or not. Fury is a weird one, you don't know if this loss will mentally ruin him or turn him into the incredible hulk.
                . There was mitigating circumstances why Lewis lost , firstly he didn’t acclimatise properly to the high altitude and also was not training properly because he was filming ocean 11 on set.
                This fight it was over 12 rounds and even with his extra reach and weight could not stop usyk taking over and bullying him.
                That will do Tyson’s head in the fact the little rabbit knocked him from pillar to post.
                usyk if fury does sign up again will get beat even worse next time…..fury has been preparing since February for this fight and he still got battered lol

Devils Advocate Devils Advocate likes this.

Comment

How the fück can you rate Wilder's body of work over Joseph Parker in this era and say Wilder was or is the better fighter ?

And especially since Parker isn't done yet but Wilder sure as hell is after the complete shutout and masterclass Parker laid on him.

I get it didn't fit your narrative but quit with the bullshït that Wilder was something special or best of this era of heavyweights.

Joseph Parker's resumé and wins rate higher than Wilders and I'd argue even Fury's. His losses are against fighters Wilder ducked.

Even Joshua is too chickenshït to test himself in a rematch with Parker because he got gifted a decision against him 6 years ago.

Put some fücking respect on The Mighty Oilskin's name!!!

Comment

For a sport with chatter more often reflecting opinions rather than facts, this was pretty a pretty good opinion piece.
                    Money quote:

"Fury has been an enigma wrapped in a riddle wrapped in a spare tire."

Comment

Working...
                    X