Collapse
No announcement yet.

The way Fury boxed Usyk in the middle rounds was brilliant stuff

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fury had usyk in distress, and grimacing and complaining. Fury should have went in for more, then bear hug and lean on usyk. To try force stoppage even, but let usyk recover instead?
    Last edited by hugh grant; 05-19-2024, 09:57 AM.

Comment

It was pleasure watching two so high skilled heavyweights fighting. if Fury can win a rematch, they should go for the third fight.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
        Fury had usyk in distress, and grimacing and complaining. Fury should have went in for more, then bear hug and lean on usyk. To try force stoppage even, but let usyk recover instead?
        Even though I had Fury by a point, I think he had Usyk, briefly, in all kinds of trouble, yet backed off to showboat and **** about. He took a gamble that Usyk couldn't hurt him, and it all started when his nose got clipped, rather than the hook. Nash out

Comment

Originally posted by sbbigmike View Post

Fury beats usyk 9/10 times, I felt fury won 7-8 clean rounds looking the best he has ever looked
          are u the farmer that the furys bribed?

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
            Fury gave the fight away. Too much showboating instead of going for the kill.
            bollocks…….fury had one moment when he caught usyk with that uppercut , usyk had plenty of moments when he had fury hurt and the last quarter of the fight usyk beat fury up and he should have been stopped had the ref not got in the way.

when you get to world level it’s ebb and flow so the success fury had is just boxing and if it came earlier then usyks charge would have came earlier…..fury was boxing at hyper speed to even keep up with usyk in the first 3 rounds which probably took a lot out him trying to keep pace with usyk.
            Basically what we saw was a fighter who was 5 inches shorter and 3 stone lighter take the center of the ring and dictate the exchanges and be the aggressor against a giant night in that ring…….and I doubt very much fury will take the rematch as he will get KO’ed next time.

fury did show guts in there but usyk is a level above

Comment

He wasn't showboating. He was trying to keep Usyk off him.

Comment

nobody else in 20 years has landed that many combos on Usyk like that. It was amazing stuff to see but he couldnt sustain it.

if anything he shoudl have continued the body attack, it was so successful and he just stopped. his ****** corner should have been yelling at him for that but i dont recall them doing so

Comment

Usyk kept adjusting and never got demoralized.. Usyk is really a special special talent.

At one point in the fight I thought " wow Usyk has no shot here " usually when say that during a fight it doesn't get any better. At one point I thought Fury was too big and too good. But Usyk just kept trying to figure him out.
                  Quercusalba Quercusalba likes this.

Comment

Working...
                  X