Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fury and Joshua truly got what they deserved.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marchegiano

You don't think the promoters having the ability to say the first undisputed fight in the HW division featuring both fighters from England would sell any more tickets?

That sounds like I disagree but I don't, I'm genuinely asking.
    I agree that the fight would've been bigger, but it hasn't been devalued to the point that it shouldn't happen at all...which the OP is almost implying. There are precious few match-ups that could headline Wembley, and I think AJ/Fury is still one of them. Fury did a decent job against Usyk, and AJ has gradually restored his reputation. All I'm saying is that AJ/Wilder has been damaged far worse than AJ/Fury. AJ/Wilder could've realistically fought for Undisputed, whereas Fury's rematch clauses have prevented that match-up from becoming a reality. If Fury had beaten Usyk, he was still bound to a rematch...just like he was vs. Wilder. Even the AJ/Wilder match-up can be resuscitated if Wilder manages to pull off the upset against Zhang. Top fighters are always one great performance away.
    Last edited by kiaba360; 05-20-2024, 08:47 AM.

Comment

If you had told me in 2017 that Usyk was goign to come up to heavyweight, come in at 220 pounds and some change and *** up AJ and Fury I would have never believed you

Comment

Originally posted by elfag View Post
        If you had told me in 2017 that Usyk was goign to come up to heavyweight, come in at 220 pounds and some change and *** up AJ and Fury I would have never believed you
        - - AJ doing just fine fighting the best and unifying the division still #2 rated heavy on Boxrec after doing detonations on Francis and Wallin who exposed Blubber for the fraud that he'd become.

Nice jiggly rack though, so Big Boy like Flubber has a future in the topless industry!!!

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

- - AJ doing just fine fighting the best and unifying the division still #2 rated heavy on Boxrec after doing detonations on Francis and Wallin who exposed Blubber for the fraud that he'd become.

Nice jiggly rack though, so Big Boy like Flubber has a future in the topless industry!!!

AJ was taken to school by a cruiserweight

Comment

Working...
          X